ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

mcaj22 12-06-2013 04:15 PM

they did something similar last year with Thomas Robinson, basically announced they were trying to trade him and it was like letting everyone know, yea this us showing our hand we are making a play for Dwight

KC native 12-06-2013 04:32 PM

Ugh, how the **** is the Spurs and Pacers game on Saturday not on any type of national television.

I hate using shitty streams to watch games (Fox Sports Southwest blacks out the Spurs up here because of the wittle mavewicks.)

kcxiv 12-06-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10252925)
Ugh, how the **** is the Spurs and Pacers game on Saturday not on any type of national television.

I hate using shitty streams to watch games (Fox Sports Southwest blacks out the Spurs up here because of the wittle mavewicks.)

Sat in basketball arent national tv days. Sat is the worst day to play basketball as far as ratings go.

At any rate. Kobe will be playing Sunday. curious to see how he adjusts his game.

okcchief 12-06-2013 04:45 PM

I think the Nets were thinking Marc Jackson when they hired Kidd. He also had zero coaching experience. I've always thought he just had a really good, young team though.

Let's face it. It's more players than coaching in the NBA, but that great coach puts you over the top. I'm not sure any coach makes that big of a difference for the Nets with their age and injuries. I just think people got too excited about them. They'll probably make the playoffs when healthy, but they are an average team at best with marquee names.

mcaj22 12-06-2013 04:54 PM

Marc Jackson got a team where the best two young players had DADS who played in the NBA that he KNEW. They were basically silly putty he could mold

Deron Williams is not mold-able, he ruined the Jazz, and none of those veterans are going to listen to Kidd like the young guys listen to Jackson on GSW. Golden State also did a good job of jettison anyone associated with Nellie ball, where as the Nets just keep piling onto their fire and throwing money at the situation. Golden State built through the draft and complimented it with a couple trades (i.e Bogut, Iggy, etc)

RealSNR 12-06-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Race Card native (Post 10252925)

Because your dickhead coach always benches his starters during national games.

Nobody wants to watch Matt Bonner for 30 minutes/game.

okcchief 12-06-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10252965)
Marc Jackson got a team where the best two young players had DADS who played in the NBA that he KNEW. They were basically silly putty he could mold

Deron Williams is not mold-able, he ruined the Jazz, and none of those veterans are going to listen to Kidd like the young guys listen to Jackson on GSW. Golden State also did a good job of jettison anyone associated with Nellie ball, where as the Nets just keep piling onto their fire and throwing money at the situation. Golden State built through the draft and complimented it with a couple trades (i.e Bogut, Iggy, etc)

100% correct

chiefzilla1501 12-06-2013 08:48 PM

Kyrie Irving is playing terrible right now. I'm not sure if Uncle Drew could even win a pickup game. And Waiters is starting to play out of his mind.

dirk digler 12-06-2013 09:01 PM

hey hey the Celtics beat the Nuggets and are in first place in the awesome Atlantic.

-King- 12-06-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10251663)

ROFL

-King- 12-06-2013 09:13 PM

Never watched a home Pelicans game. They have an ugly court. Might be worse than the Kings court.

Al Bundy 12-06-2013 09:37 PM

Another no-show for the Warriors.

okcchief 12-07-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10253456)
Never watched a home Pelicans game. They have an ugly court. Might be worse than the Kings court.

They also have no fans in the seats.

tk13 12-07-2013 09:36 PM

The Pacers are putting it to the Spurs in San Antonio tonight.

MIAdragon 12-07-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10256676)
The Pacers are putting it to the Spurs in San Antonio tonight.

Loving it.