ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

BigCatDaddy 10-24-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10119499)
Looking at that I'm even more convinced that Alex decided he was going to run until the last minute when the defender came at him...was too late at that point. But yeah, he tucked the ball and should not have. He had a fairly easy pass well before he tucked the ball.

He obviously trust his legs more than his arm. A good QB plants that back foot and hits Fasano in the back for the easy TD.

Nightfyre 10-24-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 10119345)
Or we could have and should have just took the fg and made it a four point game. Bad decision by Andy.

I disagree. I loved the decision to try and put them away. The downside is that you ended up with Case Keenum on the one yard line trying to drive for a field goal.

Jakemall 10-24-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10119502)
He obviously trust his legs more than his arm. A good QB plants that back foot and hits Fasano in the back for the easy TD.

I'm sure it is a play he'd like back. Bad decision. I don't really blame him for the 2 other receivers because it's tough throwing cross body like that when you're sprinting the other direction, but yeah Fasano was all alone especially when the defender pulled. Alex shouldn't have brought the ball down. At least then he could have used a pump fake to freeze the defender coming at him if he really wanted to run.

aturnis 10-24-2013 11:28 AM

Disagree. Every pass there was an easy pass even running to the right. Either b/c it's not difficult to begin with, our in Fasano's case, he's so wide open you can float it over there and not have to worry about an errant throw.

Also think every guy is a sure TD with exception of Stephenson b/c of his hands. I think Sherman gets in easy. If thrown to him early, he has a step our two on the defender as is, and just had to beat him to the pylon. Dive and he's in. If he throws to Sherman closer to the sideline, I'm pretty sure Sherman drifted the goalline on his route, so he's really only have to fall backwards and he's in.

Brock 10-24-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118914)

LOL. That is godawful.

Chiefspants 10-24-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10119636)
LOL. That is godawful.

That was one of the most inept plays I've ever seen by an NFL quarterback, and that's coming from someone who watched four years of Matt Cassel.

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2013 12:13 PM

Wow. How did he miss Fasano?

Jakemall 10-24-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10119607)
Disagree. Every pass there was an easy pass even running to the right. Either b/c it's not difficult to begin with, our in Fasano's case, he's so wide open you can float it over there and not have to worry about an errant throw.

Also think every guy is a sure TD with exception of Stephenson b/c of his hands. I think Sherman gets in easy. If thrown to him early, he has a step our two on the defender as is, and just had to beat him to the pylon. Dive and he's in. If he throws to Sherman closer to the sideline, I'm pretty sure Sherman drifted the goalline on his route, so he's really only have to fall backwards and he's in.

I take back what I said. It wasn't Fasano I was thinking, it was McGrath. Fasano was wide open, but again it was to Alex's backside.

I'm going to disagree with you how easy the throw would be. Running full speed to your right and throwing left is NOT easy...even if you can float one. Doable? Maybe..but McGrath was the logical pass here. That was a pretty easy throw. The decision to pull the trigger was made late. Alex made a huge mistake.

ChiefsCountry 10-24-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10118914)

Alex Smith Fail

BigMeatballDave 10-24-2013 12:17 PM

Ugh. Should have thrown it to Duck when the defender broke towards him.

ptlyon 10-24-2013 12:18 PM

8.5 mil

Snapplez 10-24-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10119711)
Alex Smith Fail

Such a shame his receivers are always blanketed. If only they could get separation..

ViperVisor 10-24-2013 12:19 PM

Overreactions by the usual but yes.

24 didn't really jump up and extend his arms up. Smith was worried about that and in hindsight a flip pass gets a TD.

And Ed Reed blew it and Fasano is open.

Fasano probably still wasn't doing full practices.

He is a guy that has been great in the redzone. 1 out of 9 of his catches is a TD.

Practice matters. There is a reason Peyton Manning runs that ***. It is especially important for guys in a new offense. Need to get things going good after the bye cause probably gonna been to be good to win.

Smith was preoccupied from the start at trying to run it in. With the boot taking him to the 10 that is a distance better covered by a pass than run.

3rd and 4th down plays shouldn't of even happen if the ref correctly calls the TD. He only broke the plane by a few inches and was still on the chalk but that should still count. Ref just being a stickler for the irrefutable part? If it was called and TD and HOU challenged it wouldn't of been reversed. A bit of bad luck.

Nightfyre 10-24-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10119703)
I take back what I said. It wasn't Fasano I was thinking, it was McGrath. Fasano was wide open, but again it was to Alex's backside.

I'm going to disagree with you how easy the throw would be. Running full speed to your right and throwing left is NOT easy...even if you can float one. Doable? Maybe..but McGrath was the logical pass here. That was a pretty easy throw. The decision to pull the trigger was made late. Alex made a huge mistake.

Alex had plenty of time to set his feet.

Jakemall 10-24-2013 12:21 PM

Ball should have been up for the throw the entire time and he should have let it go just as he passed the 10 since the defender had committed to running forward at that point.