ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

CHENZ A! 12-28-2012 11:53 AM

Excellent.

BlackHelicopters 12-28-2012 11:55 AM

Aaron Murray

htismaqe 12-28-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9245886)
Its sad that people still think Geno is a "hybrid quarterback" when the guys biggest knock (IMO) is that he refuses to run with the ball EVEN WHEN HE REALLY SHOULD.

If we are gonna brand someone a "hybrid quarterback", a better fit to that would be Andrew Luck.

Luck had 957 yards rushing in college...Geno had 346.

Geno Smith is such a "hybrid quarterback" that he had negative rushing yards in 2011.

No shit.

BigChiefFan 12-28-2012 12:16 PM

Don't **** it up, Chiefs. Geno or bust.

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9245886)
Its sad that people still think Geno is a "hybrid quarterback" when the guys biggest knock (IMO) is that he refuses to run with the ball EVEN WHEN HE REALLY SHOULD.

If we are gonna brand someone a "hybrid quarterback", a better fit to that would be Andrew Luck.

Luck had 957 yards rushing in college...Geno had 346.

Geno Smith is such a "hybrid quarterback" that he had negative rushing yards in 2011.

He's black. He can run really fast by default. Oh....and he's more of an athlete than he is a QB.

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:20 PM

Lol. I'm not sure that all KC fans are ready for an afro-Qb.

htismaqe 12-28-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9245997)
He's black. He can run really fast by default. Oh....and he's more of an athlete than he is a QB.

ROFL

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:42 PM

I still can't find anyone to tell me why NOT to draft Geno Smith.

I keep hearing how scouts aren't "Wowed" or how there is no QB worth taking.....

But can someone tell me why not? What's wrong with Geno?

Do any of you Anti-Geno guys have a few good reasons as to why he shouldn't be taken?

O.city 12-28-2012 12:44 PM

He doesn't make 3 reads on every play is one i've seen.

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9246088)

...and he does have the tendency to hold onto the ball too long.

Buckweath 12-28-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9246088)

An argument that makes sense to criticize Geno is to say he's a product of the system he plays in. But how can you criticize a QB for not going to his second or third read often enough when he completes 71-72% of his passes??

What is it, you want him to complete 80% of his passes before you can call him a great QB prospect?

You could even say you're not sure how he will adapt to the NFL because his first read is always open in the NCAA, which won't be the case in the NFL, but criticize him for that (not saying that this is the case BTW)??

Dayze 12-28-2012 12:52 PM

I'd say any of Geno's 'flaws' could be corrected with coaching.
he has all the other tools.

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9246113)
An argument that makes sense to criticize Geno is to say he's a product of the system he plays in. But how can you criticize a QB for not going to his second or third read often enough when he completes 71-72% of his passes??

Valid point.

RealSNR 12-28-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9246113)

What is it, you want him to complete 80% of his passes before you can call him a great QB prospect?

You could even say you're not sure how he will adapt to the NFL because his first read is always open in the NCAA, which won't be the case in the NFL, but criticize him for that (not saying that this is the case BTW)??

Yeah. And just think how easily correctable those things are once he gets to the pros. He's going to get all kinds of awesome coaching wherever he goes. He'll have that shit out of his system by the first practice of training camp knowing how much of a hard worker and a perfectionist he is.

All the faults people don't like about him are tiny tweaks he has to make and adjust to. Everything else about him is all QB.

ToxSocks 12-28-2012 12:55 PM

Quick Release
Excellent Deep Ball
Good Athleticism
High Compl% Passer
High TD/Int Ratio
4 year starter (right?)

cons:
Can be streaky
Stat padded with an early soft schedule
Can hold onto the ball a bit long at times
uhmmm.....?