ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

You would have to rally the troops saying "lets win this one for Jovan, for our memory of him as a friend and not what happened"

Lionel 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9167316)
Typical Goodell. Money over everything. :rolleyes:

****ed up considering the Broncos had 6 days to griever whereas the chiefs won't have one.

gblowfish 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

I saw Jack Harry on TV this AM, he said some reports said both Pioli and Crennel were there when Belcher shot himself.

For sure it will be more hours before all the facts are known. The girlfriend, whether or not she had a child, and whether it was a child with Belcher, that's yet to be confirmed.

This is one of those things that makes the game inconsequential.

I haven't felt this way since Derrek Thomas died.

I feel bad for the girlfriend's family, for Belcher's family and especially for the Chiefs personnel who tried to stop him and had to witness Belcher taking his own life. That memory will be in their heads forever.

This has been a hard year to be a Chiefs fan. Hopefully we'll all come out stronger for enduring a year like this.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9167317)
But if it was your kid you would want to the reasoning first before you label him/her as a murderer. If you're son wasn't sane at the time would you forgive him? Would go around and call him a murderer?

Sorry man He killed his GF now his kid will be ****ed up the rest of his life.

Jeff Rosen ‏ @ jeff_rosen88 Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

I don't know how anyone can feel sorry for JB.

Mr. Laz 12-01-2012 11:48 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL postpone the game to monday and have a double monday night game.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9167258)
I disagree. If Belcher had instead been arrested and charged with murder, the game would obviously be played.

Maybe Romeo wont be able to work tomorrow, and thats fine, but why should we cancel a game because a murderer decided to off himself?

Did he murder someone in the Arrowhead parking lot?

There's a human element to this that you obviously can't understand.

KCWolfman 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9167308)
Romeo and company will never be the same again after witnessing this.

That was my thought as well.

In58men 12-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9167329)
Sorry man He killed his GF now his kid will be ****ed up the rest of his life.

Jeff Rosen ‏ @ jeff_rosen88 Police say Belcher's mother was visiting, saw Jovan shoot his girlfriend multiple times, then leave

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet Player talked with Pioli, Crennel & heard police drive up. He walked away from them. KCPD: "A couple seconds later, they heard the gunshot."

I don't know how anyone can feel sorry for JB.

Because he could have had a mental issue. You can't control it unless someone helps you. Nobody could help him because he kept something inside.

The Bad Guy 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

I don't feel sorry for Belcher one bit. However, I also could never understand the daemons that you must deal with to do something like this.

Having his mother there just makes the situation that much more ****ed up. He was severely mentally ill.

chiefzilla1501 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9167309)
If someone offed themselves at your workplace in front of a bunch of people would your work still make you come to work the next day?

It depends on what workplace you're talking about. Not to be insensitive, but you are talking about a decision that has millions upon millions of dollars of an impact, not to mention one that really challenges the competitive balance of the game.

I see the NFL pushing this game off as much as usual. But even after Katrina and Sandy, they made every effort to let the game go on as usual. I can't see the NFL canceling this game. It's a tough spot for them, but I can't blame them for proceeding as planned.

Stanley Nickels 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Jackie Bates ‏@iamjackiebates
#ripbelch #iloveyoubrother #classof2009 pic.twitter.com/ljNm0D42

ragedogg69 12-01-2012 11:50 AM

Kenny McKinley commited suicide on a monday? i assume the broncos played the following sunday?

digger 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1891--nfl.html

Rasputin 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

My heart and sympathy go out to the family members and team. This is just tragic.

lcarus 12-01-2012 11:51 AM

One thing I was talking with my brother about - don't NFL players have pretty big life insurance policies? Would a suicide make that policy null?