ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Dark Knight Rises *Spoilers* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261597)

shorman22 08-05-2012 09:22 PM

Is it just me or do you also believe that Nolan would come back and make another one. If he wanted to end it he could have ended inception like with the butler's smile.

Sure-Oz 08-05-2012 09:59 PM

Certainly leaves it open for JGL to take over as Batman.

that said i just don't see it happening with Nolan.

Deberg_1990 08-05-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorman22 (Post 8794030)
Is it just me or do you also believe that Nolan would come back and make another one. If he wanted to end it he could have ended inception like with the butler's smile.

I dont see it. I think hes done.

Hes the most "real artist" of any of the comic book directors besides maybe Singer, and is probably ready to move on to something else and let someone elses vision take over.

007 08-05-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8794111)

Hes the most "real artist" of any of the comic book directors besides maybe Singer, and is probably ready to move on to something else and let someone elses vision take over.

Too bad Singer didn't do X3

WhiteWhale 08-06-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8794111)

Singer has directed 3 comic book movies. One was decent (X-2) one was bad (X-men) and one was just god awful (super-stalker-deadbeat-dad-man returns). He turned one of my favorite comics into 2 hour allegories for his own homosexuality. Vanity projects. I hate that he ever worked on them.

Nolan made 3 movies and all of them were anywhere from very good to excellent.

Even Raimi did good on two of three.

JD10367 08-06-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 8795089)
Singer has directed 3 comic book movies. One was decent (X-2) one was bad (X-men) and one was just god awful (super-stalker-deadbeat-dad-man returns). He turned one of my favorite comics into 2 hour allegories for his own homosexuality. Vanity projects. I hate that he ever worked on them.

Nolan made 3 movies and all of them were anywhere from very good to excellent.

Even Raimi did good on two of three.

I'd disagree with the "one was bad". I enjoyed the first "X-Men". And I actually thought "Superman Returns" wasn't as bad as everyone else does. Sure, it was a bit emo-homo, and the whole Superbaby thing was a little out there and didn't need to be done, but it had good visual style, and Brandon Routh did as good of a Christopher Reeve impersonation as he could. The problem with that film (other than the aforementioned Superbaby plot) was that they simply tried to continue the Reeve portrayal; this new version, taking Supes in a hopefully-darker direction, is at least a new interpretation of the character.

CoMoChief 08-06-2012 02:37 PM

The superman returns movie was garbage.

lcarus 08-06-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8795444)
The superman returns movie was garbage.

I never saw it. Assumed it would be garbage.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2012 07:42 PM

The Superman returns was OK....not bad but Superman needs a ****ing facelift like Batman did.

I have hopes for Singer/Nolan to get the new one going. The actor def. looks the part and not in a fruity way like the past guys

KcMizzou 08-06-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 8796431)
The Superman returns was OK....not bad but Superman needs a ****ing facelift like Batman did.

I have hopes for Singer/Nolan to get the new one going. The actor def. looks the part and not in a fruity way like the past guys

The problem is, Superman's not nearly as interesting a character.

Sure-Oz 08-06-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8796463)
The problem is, Superman's not nearly as interesting a character.

Agreed....

I've always hoped for a solid Superman flick.

However I loved the 'Smallville' series on tv, that was more interesting than the Superman movies.

I'd want something better than all of those though

bowener 08-07-2012 12:26 AM

Something I've always found interesting about Superman is how he portrays being a human being. Bumbling, clumsy and meek (at least in Donner's films).

The Franchise 08-07-2012 09:12 AM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...rywhere-25.jpg

Fire Me Boy! 08-07-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8797542)

ROFL

Sure-Oz 08-07-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8797542)

Classic