ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dexter (Showtime) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150271)

Fire Me Boy! 01-24-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Razz (Post 10391020)
I really don't think the ending of Dexter was the worse ever ( people can be dramatic) I think it was decent and definitely could of been done a lot better though.

Really not trying to pile on here... you are literally the first person I have seen on here, Twitter, Facebook, or in real life that didn't think that finale was a giant flaming turd.

The Franchise 01-24-2014 12:13 PM

How could you sit through that many seasons of Dexter, especially the greatness that is Season 4, and think that the ending was even serviceable?

B_Razz 01-24-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10391061)
Really not trying to pile on here... you are literally the first person I have seen on here, Twitter, Facebook, or in real life that didn't think that finale was a giant flaming turd.

well its funny because people that I have talked to in real life just think its okay. I agree compared to the best seasons of dexter and what the ending could of been that it could be a lot better but i just don't think its so bad. I know that I'm in the minority and thats fine. I just watched the finale again to see if It was really that bad and I actually liked it more the 2nd time lol

Bump 01-25-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Razz (Post 10392247)
well its funny because people that I have talked to in real life just think its okay. I agree compared to the best seasons of dexter and what the ending could of been that it could be a lot better but i just don't think its so bad. I know that I'm in the minority and thats fine. I just watched the finale again to see if It was really that bad and I actually liked it more the 2nd time lol

I dunno, lots of things I cant get past and leaves a bad taste on a show that I loved.

Spoiler!

rocknrolla 01-25-2014 03:08 AM

What a load of shit for an ending!

Lex Luthor 01-25-2014 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Razz (Post 10392247)

Just curious: Are you able to actually feed yourself?

Fire Me Boy! 01-25-2014 07:59 AM

I'm not excusing anything, but there are some responses that I think the makers were going for, however poorly executed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10392322)
I dunno, lots of things I cant get past and leaves a bad taste on a show that I loved.

Spoiler!

This one pissed me off, too. I think (in Dexter's mind) she was one of his victims, in a way. Not that she didn't deserve a better burial or that friends would get to say goodbye, but Dexter's victims get buried at sea.

Quote:

Spoiler!

No disagreement. You're right on.

Quote:

Spoiler!

I don't think they thought Harrison would just be OK with it. But the truth is he already kinda looked at her like his mom, and Dex abandoned him. Of course, what's-her-name will bring him up telling him how much his daddy loved him. But it's not like a kid that young has much of a choice but to accept what's-her-name.

Quote:

Spoiler!

Yep. Awfully convenient. But I'm OK with this one, ultimately, through willing suspension of disbelief.

Quote:

Spoiler!

Again, I can't argue this one. Total bullshit that we're led to believe is OK because Quinn cared for Deb. Just bullshit all around.

Quote:

Spoiler!

They actually set this one up an episode earlier when Dex was trying to sell the boat. He said "It's even got a life boat." So we're led to believe he escaped on the life boat. Where it becomes bullshit is to think Dex survived out there on a life boat when the hurricane smashed the Slice of Life to bits.

Quote:

Spoiler!

Couldn't agree more.

Bump 01-26-2014 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10392379)

They actually set this one up an episode earlier when Dex was trying to sell the boat. He said "It's even got a life boat." So we're led to believe he escaped on the life boat. Where it becomes bullshit is to think Dex survived out there on a life boat when the hurricane smashed the Slice of Life to bits.

ah yes, the life boat. I remember now when he was trying to sell it. Makes a little more sense, but I still doubt a life boat is going to handle a hurricane well in the open sea.

B_Razz 01-27-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 10392345)
Just curious: Are you able to actually feed yourself?

good one man. :clap:

SLAG 03-07-2014 12:37 PM

I posted this in epic win but thought it should go here too

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R...fversadlol.gif

Fire Me Boy! 03-07-2014 12:46 PM

I would really appreciate it if someone would lock this thread. Every single time it comes up, I get all pissed off about the series ending. Again.

**** you, SLAG.

Chief Gump 03-07-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10471955)
I would really appreciate it if someone would lock this thread. Every single time it comes up, I get all pissed off about the series ending. Again.

**** you, SLAG.

ROFL
I was thinking the same think. I just get pissed all over. I think I get more pissed with time.

frankotank 03-07-2014 02:08 PM

HAHAHA!
I have been marathoning this thing and I'm down to the last 6 episodes.
I can't WAIT.
At this point I'm guessing that freak kid is gonna off him. I think this because I've read before that the ending sucks.....and for that little bitch to take out Dex.....that'll piss me off.

welp....guess I won't be coming back in here until I'm through it all.

cool show man. the folks jumping in and out are so cool. every other episode I'm like HEY that's the girl/guy from (insert show here).
hell a while back frigging Adrienne Barbeau was on for like 30 seconds. man I loved her when I was a kid. YUM!

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_585x795.jpg

Fire Me Boy! 03-07-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10472145)
HAHAHA!
I have been marathoning this thing and I'm down to the last 6 episodes.
I can't WAIT.
At this point I'm guessing that freak kid is gonna off him. I think this because I've read before that the ending sucks.....and for that little bitch to take out Dex.....that'll piss me off.

welp....guess I won't be coming back in here until I'm through it all.

cool show man. the folks jumping in and out are so cool. every other episode I'm like HEY that's the girl/guy from (insert show here).
hell a while back frigging Adrienne Barbeau was on for like 30 seconds. man I loved her when I was a kid. YUM!

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia...mb_585x795.jpg

For all that is holy and good, frank... Stop watching it now while you still can!

Chief Gump 03-07-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10472152)
For all that is holy and good, frank... Stop watching it now while you still can!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...jpnq0owYNAtDTJ