ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Disappointed in McCluster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234951)

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 11:46 AM

He's not good at swing passes.

Meet defender, fall down.

Quote:

I don't think it's a stretch to think McCluster can be a 1000 yard player with a legit quarterback.
Sure, if there's no one else to give the ball to.

As RB2 or RB3, no ****ing way.

BossChief 02-19-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8383225)
This is an urban myth that needs to be squashed immediately.

McCluster had a shit game against the Packers.

McCluster had a shit game against the Raiders other than one screen pass on the last drive of the game.

He ran through some gaping holes and caught one pass against Denver where there was NO ONE within 15 yards of him.

Saying "McCluster did well" with Orton is a falsehood.

It's like saying "McCluster did well" against the Bears because he caught a hail mary and ran through another one of those gaping holes.

ROFL

With a legit quarterback, Dexter would have been a 1000 yard player last year in his second year as a guy that only gets 10 carries/catches per game.

The way you make excuses to try to prop up your arguments on here is straight up silly sometimes.

Darren Sproles didn't have this many yards till his 4th year in the league (Dexter had more than Darrens 4th year, actually) and Sproles didn't have more yardage in a single year until this year.

I think he is the fairest comparison in the NFL

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 11:49 AM

No, he's not, because he can actually make guys miss.

Dexter falls down.

BossChief 02-19-2012 11:54 AM

GoChiefs loses every single bet he made last year in regards to Dexter and he still doesn't get it.

I guess it's gonna take another year of having to wear avatars and sigs other people made him to see the light.

Save the avatar for me, will ya?

I'm gonna make another bet with ya, but not until after preseason.

Let me put it this way for ya buddy.

If the Chiefs draft Trent Richardson and make a change to a guy like Orton or better, I see Dexter having a similar year to last in catches/rushes/yards.

With Cassel, I'm not really interested in having yardage as part of a deal.

I bet you are gonna ROFL at that, but it's right.

Just like I was last year.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 11:55 AM

The only reason I lost those bets is because Charles got hurt.

BossChief 02-19-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8383278)
The only reason I lost those bets is because Charles got hurt.

ROFL

We made our bet AFTER Charles got hurt.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 12:00 PM

Yeah, and it was close. It took an injury to another RB for him to barely get it.

I made the other bet before Charles was hurt.

Rasputin 02-19-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8383286)
Yeah, and it was close. It took an injury to another RB for him to barely get it.

I made the other bet before Charles was hurt.

The funny thing is, they were and had plans to use McCluster before Charles got hurt for the season. McCluster had duties in the game plans from the start of the season. McCluster is going get more production with the return of Charles as a combo attack.

BossChief 02-19-2012 12:18 PM

Make no mistake, Dexter is always gonna be a "gimmick" player similar to Sproles...he isn't the type if guy you have as a second running back that plays a traditional role for our offense.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8383301)
The funny thing is, they were and had plans to use McCluster before Charles got hurt for the season. McCluster had duties in the game plans from the start of the season. McCluster is going get more production with the return of Charles as a combo attack.

No, he will get less production. This is common ****ing sense, but you still don't get it.

BossChief 02-19-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8383379)
No, he will get less production. This is common ****ing sense, but you still don't get it.

If I were you, I'd just quit now.

BTW, if Sproles makes people miss and Dexter doesn't, then why does Dexter have a much better YPT than Sproles did after two years?

Don't forget, Dexter was also working with Cassel/Palko while Sproles was working with Rivers.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 01:19 PM

I don't care. Do you watch the two players play? There's a vast chasm between them. Jesus.

BossChief 02-19-2012 02:54 PM

Put Sproles on the field with Cassel and Dexter on the field with Brees and lets see what happens.

Also, comparing a guy that just finished his second year to a player that finished his 6th is a tad foolish.

Coordinators take time to learn how to utilize players with unique skill sets like

Reggie Bush
Darren Sproles
Dexter McCluster

Daboll did quite well in that respect with Reggie Bush....who knows what he can do with Dexter.

Expecting the team to lessen his workload next year isn't really realistic.

I don't want to go too fast here, but I think he actually touches the ball a little less, but has a lot more yards/scores next year and wouldnt be surprised one bit to see him go over 1000 yards and have 6-8 scores.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 03:00 PM

I'd guess Dexter falls down, and Sproles makes guys miss.

This isn't hard, especially because Dexter didn't make anyone miss with Orton at QB. Maybe once.

BossChief 02-19-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8383606)
I'd guess Dexter falls down, and Sproles makes guys miss.

This isn't hard, especially because Dexter didn't make anyone miss with Orton at QB. Maybe once.

Keep thinking like that.

I cant wait to make next years avatar for ya, buddy.