ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Wyatt Earp 10-30-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8061209)
I'm only showing 3 members of cp on the b-log. Is that right?

I think right now my favorite game is squad team deathmatch. I think it would be awesome with an actual squad from here.

It's definitely different than cod, it's taking some getting used to and my kd isn't very good out of the gate.

So far I think its only 3 PS3 players from CP.

As far as game modes I prefer rush. On conquest and rush your kd ratio doesn't matter as long as you complete capture flags, destroy or defend mcoms, and help your team win.

crispystl 10-30-2011 07:31 PM

One thing I like about Battlefield ( especially the big maps) is you actually establish front lines. That would never happen in the small maps on COD. I hate the small maps on battlefield though.

Setsuna 10-30-2011 08:01 PM

I'm going to get an ulcer playing this game. The level of stupidity when it comes to teamwork is astronomical.

Pants 10-30-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8061581)
I'm going to get an ulcer playing this game. The level of stupidity when it comes to teamwork is astronomical.

Yeah. I was just playing with Whitie tonight, trust me, I know what you're talking about...

I kid, I kid.

But yeah, we played like 6 matches and won them all. If you're going to play solo, you have to go with TDM or STDM where you can actually make a difference if you're good enough.

Setsuna 10-30-2011 09:08 PM

Yeah Conquest is useless. TDM....strong 2nd for foolishness, but never tried stdm.

WV 10-30-2011 09:21 PM

The Hard Core servers are far too few and they still need to work on paring of squad mates. I may be in the minority, but I hate playing core mode and get really frustrated with it.

Pants 10-30-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8061779)
The Hard Core servers are far too few and they still need to work on paring of squad mates. I may be in the minority, but I hate playing core mode and get really frustrated with it.

I play core. I can't stand core in MW, but I like it here.

WV 10-30-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8061888)
I play core. I can't stand core in MW, but I like it here.

I can't stand seemingly emptying my magazine into someone only to be killed by a few shots from somewhere across the map. Or better yet putting multiple shots into a guy 5 feet in front of me then he kills me. I know head shots are instant, but it sure seems like you have to hit them a lot in core mode.

Pants 10-30-2011 11:42 PM

Had a good outing tonight. SPM is up to 426 and KDR at 1.74. Kept getting the MVP pin... feels good, man.

This game is too ****ing good.

AndChiefs 10-31-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8061679)
Yeah. I was just playing with Whitie tonight, trust me, I know what you're talking about...

I kid, I kid.

But yeah, we played like 6 matches and won them all. If you're going to play solo, you have to go with TDM or STDM where you can actually make a difference if you're good enough.

Yeah you guys kept beating me and it made me sad.

Otter 10-31-2011 07:47 AM

How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.

WV 10-31-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8062295)
How are the jets balanced in BF3? Would you say it's better, worse, same when compared with Bad Company?

The whole reason I haven't bought the game yet is because of the bad taste jets from BF2 left in my mouth.

From what I've seen the Jets don't make a huge difference. If you have a good pilot they can pretty much eliminate each other and a few tanks, but my experience is that they aren't a huge factor yet.

ChiefFripp 10-31-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

While playing the 360 version of the game you'll notice jets are mostly irrelevant. While four people are trying to dogfight in the air , the real battle is being played out on the ground with troops , tanks and copters. Perhaps on the PC version; larger maps with 64 players, jets have more of an impact.

I play the 360 version unfortunately so I mostly avoid jets.

Mr. Plow 10-31-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

In the short time I've been able to play online, they've been pretty irrelevant to me. I honestly pay no attention to them when I'm on the ground and can't say that I've actually ever been killed by one. But, I haven't been able to get online much thus far - so I could be in the minority.

Pants 10-31-2011 08:15 AM

The only air kill I have suffered so far was on a strafe run an A10 made on the MCOMM I was guarding, that's it. Engineers now have freaking Stingers and Javelins they can equip so anti-air is much more balanced than it was in BC2. Maybe once the pilots get really good and have the counter-measures unlocked, the jets will become relevant, but they're pretty much just out there right now.

I tried flying a jet twice and crashed both times trying to strafe and not pulling up fast enough. LMAO