ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The Hootie thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255055)

Frazod 01-15-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8297909)
I know it was just with one person, and I'm no longer defending anyone either way. If he was clear on the specific rules set out before him and broke them, then fine.

That said, wouldn't these specific rules make him (or anyone for that matter) a punching bag of sorts? Any normal person would have broken them eventually. JMO, if you're going to bring someone back from a ban with those stringent rules, then you probably shouldn't bring him (or her) back.

That would have been my move.

burt 01-15-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 8297920)
it wont be if you and others get their way and Censor People and turn it into the Orange Mane.

my way? I still got no dog in this hunt. I am strictly on the sidelines reporting 'em as I see 'em.

Frazod 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8297922)
Great, first he made my wife fat, now he is making me root for the Broncos!

Fraz, can I go to the bathroom now?

No.

Backwards Masking 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8297910)
FFS, Hootie said it himself...

He did something ban worthy, and he was permabanned... "paying the price" would have been never being allowed back, because that's the whole point of being banned. But, he was allowed back, then got banned again... then was allowed back again.... so yeah, he had a different set of rules. Very specific rules. And he lasted what, a month?

they turned him into a neutered Punching Bag.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

I did tell him to be himself when I was first able to get him reinstated. The thing with Face happened after that.

doomy3 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8297910)
FFS, Hootie said it himself...

He did something ban worthy, and he was permabanned... "paying the price" would have been never being allowed back, because that's the whole point of being banned. But, he was allowed back, then got banned again... then was allowed back again.... so yeah, he had a different set of rules. Very specific rules. And he lasted what, a month?

What were the specific set of rules though? No one has posted what they were and Hootie seems to be denying they there were any.

pr_capone 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8297909)
I know it was just with one person, and I'm no longer defending anyone either way. If he was clear on the specific rules set out before him and broke them, then fine.

That said, wouldn't these specific rules make him (or anyone for that matter) a punching bag of sorts? Any normal person would have broken them eventually. JMO, if you're going to bring someone back from a ban with those stringent rules, then you probably shouldn't bring him (or her) back.

He can use the ignore feature and still interact with 99% of the board. It just isnt a valid argument.

Backwards Masking 01-15-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8297931)
I still got no dog in this hunt. .

then neither do i

burt 01-15-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 8297928)
I'm skeptical of the original ban, but whatever it's merits, what sense does it make to let someone back on such a short leash that they can't participate like normal posters here? A short leash would be warning the guy that there will be zero tolerance violations of the rules that everyone plays by, not zero tolerance for the kinds of routine verbal combat that goes on all the time around here. It sounds more like Hootie was brought back on a hangman's noose.

They gave the guy a break! The 'short leash" was a gift! Now I am sure that they regret it!

burt 01-15-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8297932)
No.

um.....please.........

patteeu 01-15-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8297831)
Personally, I think Hootie contributes quite a bit to this board, and I've never really had a problem with him. If this was my message board, there are a handful of completely useless posters that I'd ban without thinking twice about it, long before banning Hootie. But, I didn't create this place, and I respect the opinions of the other mods.

I just don't see how DaFace (not Phobia) could have made it any clearer. Again, DaFace (not Phobia) specifically told him that people would try to get him going. Maybe billay started it, and maybe he started it in multiple threads, but it ended with Hootie following billay around to multiple threads and starting shit, instead of putting billay on ignore and/or not responding to him or carrying it into other threads.

DaFace didn't ban Hootie.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 8297941)
They gave the guy a break! The 'short leash" was a gift! Now I am sure that they regret it!

I don't. I think he's always been a productive member of the board.

burt 01-15-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8297948)
I don't. I think he was always been a productive member of the board.

FYP

doomy3 01-15-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 8297948)
I don't. I think he's always been a productive member of the board.

So, is this one of those deals you mentioned earlier where the mods always agree on this stuff?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 8297952)
So, is this one of those deals you mentioned earlier where the mods always agree on this stuff?

oh no. I said we generally talk about these kinds of things, but when someone acts on their own there is enough mutual respect to go along with it.