ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2014 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282559)

Sfeihc 04-09-2014 06:58 PM

I got a bit concerned when Richburg went @ pick 56 to SF but Martin slid so I didn't have to go to Plan B.

DaKCMan AP 04-09-2014 07:04 PM

Who knows if shit will hit the fan again with Aldon Smith.

The 49ers select Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville

Sfeihc 04-09-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 10552030)
Who knows if shit will hit the fan again with Aldon Smith.

The 49ers select Marcus Smith, DE/OLB, Louisville

Pretty awesome. He was going to the next pick for KC.:thumb:

Yes folks, it's a Marcus run.

BossChief 04-09-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10551980)
Sorry! Watching Morgan's boobs go bouncy on Survivor.

The Detroit Lions select Marcus Martin, C, USC.

Dom Raiola is older than Methuselah. By selecting Martin it gives him a year to attend Raiola University and prepare to be the Lions starter in the future.:thumb:

Damn you. Oh well, I need to go defense for Indy, anyway.

But getting Martin in the late third would have been an amazing value.

Well done, buddy.

Sfeihc 04-09-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10552049)
Damn you. Oh well, I need to go defense for Indy, anyway.

But getting Martin in the late third would have been an amazing value.

Well done, buddy.

Thanks, BC. Lots of great talent still left.

Direckshun 04-09-2014 07:27 PM

AJ McCarron has reportedly agreed with a TV channel to make his upcoming wedding to Katherine Webb the subject of an ongoing reality show. LMAO

Chiefscafan, I regret to say you done ****ed up.

But it's okay, it was only the 2nd round of the deepest draft in a generation when you already have a young franchise QB who won the AFC North over the Ravens and Steelers.

BossChief 04-09-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10552058)
Thanks, BC. Lots of great talent still left.

There is AT LEAST a full round premium over previous drafts with the talent still available right now.

The good GMs are gonna ****ing SHINE the rest of the way through.

Sfeihc 04-09-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10552080)
There is AT LEAST a full round premium over previous drafts with the talent still available right now.

The good GMs are gonna ****ing SHINE the rest of the way through.

Well put. I rate guys who will be around in the sixth higher than I have some fifth round players in the past.

chiefscafan 04-09-2014 08:35 PM

Still not worried d a lot of talent still there at this next pick

DeezNutz 04-09-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10550591)
I would have also passed on Manziel if he had been available at 8.

Truthfully, unless it was Bridgewater or Bortles, I was always going to gun for drafting Garoppolo in the 2nd. I'm really high on that guy. I absolutely see another Tony Romo in him, and that's not just because he went to the same school.

That Derek Carr was still available in the 2nd was just that much better of an outcome in the end.

I believe there is a legitimate chance that the Chiefs will draft a QB in the first round this year simply because the wealth of talent that will be available will be too tempting.

This is absolutely the "least obvious" year in terms of roster construction in quite some time, but the board might damn near dictate the move.

Direckshun 04-09-2014 08:48 PM

Can we get back to the important cause of calling each other mouth breathers?

Please and thank you.

Direckshun 04-09-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10552263)
I believe there is a legitimate chance that the Chiefs will draft a QB in the first round this year simply because the wealth of talent that will be available will be too tempting.

This is absolutely the "least obvious" year in terms of roster construction in quite some time, but the board might damn near dictate the move.

Who're you seeing? Carr?

I am a hardcore Brett Smith fan. But not in the 1st...

DeezNutz 04-09-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10552300)
Who're you seeing? Carr?

I am a hardcore Brett Smith fan. But not in the 1st...

One of the top four will be there (and I put Carr with this group), and this could be enough to get them to bite.

Dee Ford could be in the mix very seriously, too. Just not convinced it's going to be a WR by any stretch.

Direckshun 04-09-2014 09:19 PM

I've grown tremendously sour on Ford. Take his sacks away, and he's got like 18 tackles.

chiefscafan 04-09-2014 09:21 PM

If somehow ealy were to fall like in this draft and could be converted to OLB I could see him as the pick. Only qb I take if he drops with our situation is Bridgewater and he won't fall to us.