ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

BWillie 07-21-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9824810)
I'm just happy we are talking meaningful baseball in July. Last time that happened I was 10 years old.

Its not meaningful. Im telling you now, the Royals have no shotbat the playoffs unless the Indians and Tigers plane runs into the side of a mountain.

Sure-Oz 07-21-2013 04:27 PM

Per Jon Morosi twitter-Sources: #Rangers have checked in with #Royals about Ervin Santana. He is a Garza alternative. Problem is, KC not ready to sell. @FoxSports1

siberian khatru 07-21-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9825810)
Per Jon Morosi twitter-Sources: #Rangers have checked in with #Royals about Ervin Santana. He is a Garza alternative. Problem is, KC not ready to sell. @FoxSports1

"C'mon, Dayton, we'll give you Profar!"

"Nope, we're competing!"

Nightfyre 07-21-2013 04:35 PM

Yea, Profar would bump Esky over to 2B and we would have one of the best keystone tandems pretty much ever.

DeezNutz 07-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9825826)
Yea, Profar would bump Esky over to 2B and we would have one of the best keystone tandems pretty much ever.

And put Escobar on notice if he cannot hit. Easier to replace 2B than SS.

Not convinced that we have the answer to SS on the roster.

siberian khatru 07-21-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9825837)
And put Escobar on notice if he cannot hit. Easier to replace 2B than SS.

Not convinced that we have the answer to SS on the roster.

I think we could carry his bat if we had above-average production at RF (Lough is near that right now, but I don't think he's a long-term solution) and 3B, average production at 2B and more typical years from Butler and Gordon.

As you can see, though, we have a lot of work to do offensively.

ChiTown 07-21-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9825810)

There is no chance we are going to catch either DET or CLE. ****ing sell already and let's get it going.i

BlackHelicopters 07-21-2013 04:51 PM

Esky has to be running out of time. His defense is average+. Playoffs? We are far from the playoffs. GMDM is delusional. 10 year plan.

Nightfyre 07-21-2013 05:25 PM

Esky's biggest problem at the plate is his approach. fortunately, that is coachable.

Nightfyre 07-21-2013 05:26 PM

Also, Profar is struggling just as badly as Esky at this point.

DeezNutz 07-21-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9825896)
Esky's biggest problem at the plate is his approach. fortunately, that is coachable.

Yeah, I don't really agree. His biggest problems are: 1. Zone awareness, which isn't coachable at this point. 2. A long swing, which can be refined, if the player is receptive to coaching.

Deberg_1990 07-21-2013 05:38 PM

The problem is, Dayton has to be worried about saving his ass. Selling essentially means he's giving up on the season. Ain't gonna happen.

Fansy the Famous Bard 07-21-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9825896)

Or... in our case, very unfortunate.

58kcfan89 07-21-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9825917)
The problem is, Dayton has to be worried about saving his ass. Selling essentially means he's giving up on the season. Ain't gonna happen.

If he keeps Santana (or any of our ML trade bait, for that matter), I'm somewhat confident that he may be on the hot seat, trying to sneak into the postseason this year to save himself for the future. If he starts selling, he's probably pretty confident that he's going to be back in 2014 and can play for the future. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

I certainly don't expect Glasshole to do anything, barring a ridiculous dropoff in the 2nd half of the season, but it's a nice thought. Just feel like we're kinda stuck. Dayton certainly isn't the one to turn KC into a contender, but I'm fairly sure Glasshole won't do anything as long as the team is in "striking distance" (aka within 10 games of Detroit, Cleveland, the Wild Card, or .500....).

Deberg_1990 07-21-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9825957)
If he keeps Santana (or any of our ML trade bait, for that matter), I'm somewhat confident that he may be on the hot seat, trying to sneak into the postseason this year to save himself for the future. If he starts selling, he's probably pretty confident that he's going to be back in 2014 and can play for the future. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

I certainly don't expect Glasshole to do anything, barring a ridiculous dropoff in the 2nd half of the season, but it's a nice thought. Just feel like we're kinda stuck. Dayton certainly isn't the one to turn KC into a contender, but I'm fairly sure Glasshole won't do anything as long as the team is in "striking distance" (aka within 10 games of Detroit, Cleveland, the Wild Card, or .500....).

Sadly, your probably right. 79-85 wins won't get us in the playoffs, but it might buy DM more time.......

Just kill me now.