ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2014 Royals Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279729)

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10758349)
Royals are looking for a bat which they need yet fans are bitching about that.

Because the options that are listed are ****ing terrible.

Unsmooth-Moment 07-21-2014 03:01 PM

Replace Butler with Rios.

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 03:03 PM

How could we not be excited about Rios and his 0.4 WAR complemented by a ridiculous salary for his marginally talented ass?

That's an exciting ****ing move right there. Is Jose Guillen available?

Mother****erJones 07-21-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10758350)
If they get this guy they either have to bench Aoki or Butler. Wasn't Rios with the White Sox before Texas?

Ya, he was good one year, bad the next, good after that then bad again.

gblowfish 07-21-2014 03:06 PM

Seems like the last Texas outfielder we went out and got was Juan Gone. Ruh-roh....

Jerm 07-21-2014 03:08 PM

Kicker to it is we'll more than likely vastly overpay too...

Unsmooth-Moment 07-21-2014 03:11 PM

I think he would be a good option at DH. Plus he can fill in in the outfield to give some guys a day off/let Salvy play as DH a few times.

Edit: He would need to come cheap though. I'd say a C prospect or something.

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 03:28 PM

Or...we could take any replacement level player, put him in RF and get the same results for no cost.

SAUTO 07-21-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 10758407)
Or...we could take any replacement level player, put him in RF and get the same results for no cost.

exactly

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10757631)
I wonder how much time Dayton has left?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10757674)
dingleberry asking isn't enough?

More importantly, I ask because I am not familiar with "the list" of up and coming front office guys rumored to be targeted for a GM gig as well as a manager.

So, who would be a couple of names for each job, and why? Namely, what you have heard about the guy that would make him a hire we can look back on in a couple of years and say that was a hire all of MLB envies in retrospect?

DeezNutz 07-21-2014 03:41 PM

People are talking about upgrading Aoki or Butler, and they are a respective -0.6 and -0.7 WAR.

It's not going to be ****ing tough to get better than this.

Rios can be really, really good. The problem is that he's far from consistent. Been in the league 13 years and has had 4 really good years, posting 4.6, 4.8, 5.6, and 5.9 WAR in these years.

One year at 3.3 WAR, and everything else is meh.

Now, if we can trade for him and simply take on salary, awesome. If we have to give up a viable piece to have the right to his contract, well then **** that.

Hootie 07-21-2014 03:46 PM

Hey Deez...

I agree. However, where do we find this replacement level player? lol

ChiefsCountry 07-21-2014 03:46 PM

Rios is at 12.5 for this year, with a team option for 13.5 next season with a million dollar buyout.

Hootie 07-21-2014 03:49 PM

I can promise everyone this...

It's not going to take an arm and a leg for Alex Rios. And if he fills in well for us, we can pick up his option for $1M more than Billy Butler's option that we were *presumably* going to pick up before he decided to become the worst DH in the history of DH'ing.

Anyong Bluth 07-21-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10757915)
Their combined net worth is something like $6-7 billion dollars, minimum (Illig and Patterson are $6 billion combined, and the other guys have to be bringing SOMETHING to the table). Most of Glass's net worth is tied up in the Royals franchise (I think he's about $700 million, with $500 million of that being the Royals).

The salary is restricted by the league, but those guys have spent considerably more than their peers on everything around the team (and really understand how to create fan experience - SEC football teams are consulting with them to pick up pointers on that).

They also made big personal investments in a soccer-only stadium and complex because they understand you have to spend it to make it.

I'd spontaneously orgasm that very second if I found out that Sporting's ownership group bought the Royals.
Honestly, having Glass as owner feels like the franchise is just in a perpetual hostage state, because they will never truly care about really winning and being a sustained contender. The family are Cards fans. Tough go of it when your ownership isn't even a fan or vested in the club they own.