ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Who ya rooting for? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289679)

MahiMike 01-03-2015 06:25 PM

Bengals need to win one playoff game. I would like to see lions make it to their first super bowl.

TEX 01-03-2015 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11240239)
I'm not sure I understand what that is but do you know anyone in San Antonio? I'm asking for a friend. :D

Basically its when Astro players tour Texas and Louisiana and make appearances. Its a PR trip that lasts for about two weeks that's headed up by the Astros Foundation which is my department. They try to get past Astro players and present one's to go. For example, Jose Cruz and Jose Altuve are scheduled to go to San Antono. (It's my job make sure they show up when and where they're supposed to). Craig Biggio, Terry Puhl and Chris Carter are scheduled to visit Austin. (A co-worker in my dept. makes sure they're where they need to be) Nolan Ryan, Jeff Bagwell, and Dallas Kuechel are scheduled to go to Corpus Christi etc. (Another co-worker is responsible for them)

Yes - I know lots of folks in San Antonio. I've lived in Tex all my life so many friends of mine are there.

And to stay on topic - I'd like to see DALLAS CRUSH New England (something like 41-14) in the Super Bowl!

58-4ever 01-03-2015 06:38 PM

Lions, Packers, no AFC team

lewdog 01-03-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11240279)
Basically its when Astro players tour Texas and Louisiana and make appearances. Its a PR trip that lasts for about two weeks. They try to get past Astro players and present one's to go. For example, Jose Cruz and Jose Altuve are scheduled to go to San Antono. Craig Biggio, Terry Puhl and Chris Carter are scheduled to visit Austin. Nolan Ryan, Jeff Bagwell, and Dallas Kuechel are scheduled to go to Corpus Christi etc.

Yes - I know lots of folks in San Antonio. I've lived in Tex all my life so many friends of mine are there.

And to stay on topic - I'd like to see DALLAS CRUSH New England (something like 41-14) in the Super Bowl!

I think you should ask for a trip to Phoenix.

Also, any friends willing to receive a shipment of Official Major League baseballs from a man in Phoenix and have them signed? I know I'm new to this friends circle but I promise I'm pretty cool on the internet and also in real life. All my friends tell me so.

And to stay on topic. Denver lost to Seattle once in a Super Bowl. Therefore I like Seattle.

Pepe Silvia 01-03-2015 06:49 PM

If the Packers were to get knocked out hopefully the Steelers are still alive to root for. They're the one AFC team in the playoffs that I don't completely hate.

TEX 01-03-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11240289)
I think you should ask for a trip to Phoenix.

Also, any friends willing to receive a shipment of Official Major League baseballs from a man in Phoenix and have them signed? I know I'm new to this friends circle but I promise I'm pretty cool on the internet and also in real life. All my friends tell me so.

And to stay on topic. Denver lost to Seattle once in a Super Bowl. Therefore I like Seattle.

:clap: ROFL Love the reasoning for Seattle! Can I borrow it?

Dallas beat Denver in the Super Bowl once (So did MANY teams) ;therefore, I'm for DALLAS!

I have the friends - BUT getting Altuve to sign them is the issuel. It's all monitored now cuz of his contract. I have a much better shot at getting them signed myself over the coarse of a couple of weeks... When he does a signing, we usually just put extra shit in front of him. It all gets MLB authenticated with a hologram, and depending on the item, is JSA or PSA certified.

Just PM me or email me at work (I'll give you the email addy) and I'll figure out the best way to do it. Can't promise right now because I don't know signing schedules, but I promise I won't take it on unless I'm very confident I can swing it.

lewdog 01-03-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11240359)
:clap: ROFL Love the reasoning for Seattle! Can I borrow it?

Dallas beat Denver in the Super Bowl once (So did MANY teams) ;therefore, I'm for DALLAS!

I have the friends - BUT getting Altuve to sign them is the issuel. It's all monitored now cuz of his contract. I have a much better shot at getting them signed myself over the coarse of a couple of weeks... When he does a signing, we usually just put extra shit in front of him. It all gets MLB authenticated with a hologram, and depending on the item, is JSA or PSA certified.

That's perfect reasoning and how I chose most teams in the playoffs because the Chiefs are never winning. You are now ok in my book.

Interesting about the contract monitoring autos? I realize some guys are limited secondary to companies they sign with like Player-Direct Autographing. Not supposed to sign unless under that companies monitoring, although many of them still do if caught at the right time. I assume you mean that type of contract not the team contract?

Coochie liquor 01-03-2015 07:15 PM

Cowboys, good friend of mine is a Dallas fan so, goin with the boys. Doesn't hurt that their o line can dominate a game either!

Otter 01-03-2015 08:14 PM

Pretty much anyone but the donx. Ravens have one of the coolest stadiums I've ever been to so they kind of become my 2nd team.

BucEyedPea 01-03-2015 08:24 PM

If Pats get knocked out, I have a soft spot for the Bengals as I've lots on online Bengals friends and they are dying to win.

007 01-03-2015 08:34 PM

Lions and Bengals. Only because I need some hope that teams that never win the big one still can. Nice dream right?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-03-2015 08:41 PM

So all these teams, besides the donkeys, drafted their starting QB.

Go figure....

#Bray

milkman 01-03-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11240616)
So all these teams, besides the donkeys, drafted their starting QB.

Go figure....

#Bray

So you're now on the Murray bandwagon, since Bray wasn't drafted, right dipshit?

Mr_Tomahawk 01-03-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 11240694)
So you're now on the Murray bandwagon, since Bray wasn't drafted, right dipshit?

Tony Romo has my ass covered on that one...

Dumbass.

milkman 01-03-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11240833)
Tony Romo has my ass covered on that one...

Dumbass.

So your original claim is wrong.