ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Go to hell whitlock. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267312)

A Salt Weapon 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9174579)
LMAO
So countries are refusing to invade us because Johnny Doe around the way has a gun? LMAO

You seem to have forgotten that behind every blade of grass is a rifleman, that was from the japanese (general, king, emperor, whatever) when asked why he bombed pearl harbor instead of invading the mainland.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fat Elvis 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

Grrrrrr....

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-15ZuZwxMKbg/Tt...-bear-arms.jpg

Reerun_KC 12-02-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 9174608)
I'm going to go buy a handgun to keep Canada out.

**** those guys.

We have been looking at the sig tactical handguns lately. We just purchased some sub compacts for our pockets. But the sigs are pretty sweet.

alnorth 12-02-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9174573)
Whitlock was right on the mark as usual. Hilarious that his words got sent out like that by Costas to a demographic that will completely hate them.

Whitlock was correct in many of the facts and assumptions he posits as fact. I still disagree with his political and policy conclusions and suggestions.

Just to be clear: I will grant that a handgun ban will probably result in decreased gun violence AND decreased overall violence and deaths. They wont all grab a knife instead, I do agree that having a handgun may make it more likely for some people to shoot in a flash of rage. Banning guns probably will result in fewer deaths overall.

Despite all that, I disagree with increased gun control or any form of handgun ban.

Handgun ownership and legalization comes with a price that must occasionally be paid in blood. No matter what, crazy people and hotheads will always have a gun if its widely available. And trying to dismiss that with "oh, they'd just stab instead" is not really intellectually honest in my mind.

We should stop fooling ourselves, accept the fact that the freedoms we have re: gun ownership means more violence, and state clearly that though we can try to minimize the violence without infringing on our freedoms, we are OK with paying that price because giving up handgun ownership is unacceptable.

Marcellus 12-02-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9174610)
Big reason why the Empire of Japan did not try to invade the west coast in 41

Yea US gun ownership is probably not as relevant now a days in preventing an invasion but it damn sure has been in the past. Anyone who doesn't get that probably fails to understand how Europe fell so easy in WWII.

kcxiv 12-02-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9174498)
If I've said it once, I've said it ... oh ... 12 times, maybe.

Guns don't kill people, holes do.

FAX

hehe, i dont care one way or another for guns or against, but this part i know, guns make it alot easier to pull a trigger when your in a moment of rage. I have seen people do it. Its true though, guns dont kill, stupid people with guns kill. Like it or not, Guns give people big balls to think they are tough! I have seen it on this forums plenty.

Anyways, like i said, not for or against it, but i understand what he's saying.

LiveSteam 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9174618)
Link?

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II

Go find your own link:harumph:

ILChief 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

http://img.totaloutdoornetwork.com/U...ith%20guns.jpg

http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivat...1217614619.jpg

http://static.allbackgrounds.com/bg/redneck-guns.jpg

notorious 12-02-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9174621)
We have been looking at the sig tactical handguns lately. We just purchased some sub compacts for our pockets. But the sigs are pretty sweet.

S&W 642.

My wife has an LC9, and I would take my S&W without a second thought.

That is if I can't get to my shotgun.

kcxiv 12-02-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9174623)
Whitlock was correct in many of the facts and assumptions he posits as fact. I still disagree with his political and policy conclusions and suggestions.

Just to be clear: I will grant that a handgun ban will probably result in decreased gun violence AND decreased overall violence and deaths. They wont all grab a knife instead, I do agree that having a handgun may make it more likely for some people to shoot in a flash of rage. Banning guns probably will result in fewer deaths overall.

Despite all that, I disagree with increased gun control or any form of handgun ban.

Handgun ownership and legalization comes with a price that must occasionally be paid in blood. No matter what, crazy people and hotheads will always have a gun if its widely available. And trying to dismiss that with "oh, they'd just stab instead" is not really intellectually honest in my mind.

We should stop fooling ourselves, accept the fact that the freedoms we have re: gun ownership means more violence, and state clearly that though we can try to minimize the violence without infringing on our freedoms, we are OK with paying that price because giving up handgun ownership is unacceptable.

Totally agree and anyone that doesnt is just a blind.

Predarat 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

If they would have banned guns along time ago OJ would never have used his gun to stab Nicole.

-King- 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9174627)
You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II

Go find your own link:harumph:

• You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

Marcellus 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9174626)
hehe, i dont care one way or another for guns or against, but this part i know, guns make it alot easier to pull a trigger when your in a moment of rage. I have seen people do it. Its true though, guns dont kill, stupid people with guns kill. Like it or not, Guns give people big balls to think they are tough! I have seen it on this forums plenty.

Anyways, like i said, not for or against it, but i understand what he's saying.

I assume you mean internet keyboards allow tough talk. Yea some of this shit people say here would NEVER be said face to face.

You could get shot. :hmmm:

Romeo's Pants 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9174476)
just blamed Belcher and his girlfriends death on lack of more restrictive gun laws.
Posted via Mobile Device

Clearly the gun was to blame.

Because there's no way a 6'1", 240+ lb linebacker could kill his girlfriend without a gun. :rolleyes:

Belial 12-02-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9174562)
This is your first post and I'm already tired of listening to you....

then tune out fatty