ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Female led superhero movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287961)

Direckshun 10-31-2014 05:17 PM

Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is phenomenal. Every movie he's been in has been awesome.

Fire Me Boy! 10-31-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11074206)
Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is phenomenal. Every movie he's been in has been awesome.

Xmen Origins was utter garbage.

Jamie 10-31-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11074071)
With Wonder Woman, Warner's has changed her back story. She's no longer an "Amazonian Princess Warrior" but an immortal that is the offspring of Zeus. I would think that would make her pretty bad ass.

That said, I don't know which is hokier: Demi-god or Amazonian Warrior Princess? But the whole "Demi-God" thing is an odd choice, IMO.

It's a recent thing from the comics. She's still an Amazon, but discovers as an adult that Zeus is her father. Considering that her old origin was that she was made from clay and given life by the gods, I think it's an improvement.

ThaVirus 10-31-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 11074091)
We're literally talking about people with cosmic or genetic superpowers.

Not all. Black Widow has no superpowers.

I don't give two shits if She Hulk or Wonder Woman kick some ass. They're super powered. I just can't stand watching Angelina Jolie kick dudes' asses as just a regular ass trained human like in Salt, Mr and Mrs Smith, and Wanted.

If it makes you feel any better I get annoyed seeing small guys do the same. Like Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher. Guy's 5'7" taking on several 250 pounders at once. Bullshit.

Still a great movie though LMAO

ThaVirus 10-31-2014 05:36 PM

They knocked Wolverine out of the park with Jackman.

Probably the best superhero casting of them all outside of Ledger as Joker and Downey Jr. as Stark,

listopencil 10-31-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11072818)
I really need to go watch that again sometime. One of my favorites.

I had to go look up the "there's no crying in baseball" scene just to watch it again. Great stuff:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6M8szlSa-8o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Easy 6 10-31-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11074240)
They knocked Wolverine out of the park with Jackman.

Probably the best superhero casting of them all outside of Ledger as Joker and Downey Jr. as Stark,

No mention of Bales Batman?

He's the guy that started this whole new level of delirium.

BucEyedPea 10-31-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11071982)
With the announced female leads (Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman) and other potential female-led superhero movies (i.e. Warner rumored to be developing an all female Spider-Man spinoff) being discussed, I'm just wondering what this forum thinks of them. Will you have interest? Will you go watch them? Do you think they'll be big tits?

FYP ROFL

Yes, I think there will.

Buehler445 10-31-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11074477)
FYP ROFL

Yes, I think there will.

Gal Gadot does not have "big tits"

They are outstanding tits and I'd like to see them but they're not big.

http://www.agentsofguard.com/wp-cont...er-woman-2.jpg

ThaVirus 10-31-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11074458)

Loved the movies but never cared for Bale.

Just Passin' By 10-31-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11074148)
One key to having a good female lead for an action type film is to make sure they are athletic (or athaletic if you are Rich Gannon). Having non-athletic women try to run, jump, throw a punch, etc just looks funny and takes you out of the moment.

I loved Sandahl Bergman in Conan the barbarian, and I thought it was too bad that she got stuck in low budget films.

lcarus 10-31-2014 09:43 PM

Who do you all think would make a good Harley Quinn? I could see a Harley Quinn standalone movie garnering huge box office numbers if they got the right chick to play her. Of course it would be really hard to make a Harley Quinn without Batman or Joker part of it. Impossible almost.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11074458)

The first X-Men movie in 2000, followed by the Sam Raimi directed, Toby McGuire Spider-Man film really launched the comic book craze. The Hulk missed the mark, big time, although Ed Norton's "reboot" was a better but not great. That's why they're still shy about another Hulk film but in my opinion, Ruffalo would kill it, with the right script, of course.

But what really launched Marvel into the stratosphere was Iron Man. From there, they've made very few mistakes.

lcarus 10-31-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11074689)
The first X-Men movie in 2000, followed by the Sam Raimi directed, Toby McGuire Spider-Man film really launched the comic book craze. The Hulk missed the mark, big time, although Ed Norton's "reboot" was a better but not great. That's why they're still shy about another Hulk film but in my opinion, Ruffalo would kill it, with the right script, of course.

But what really launched Marvel into the stratosphere was Iron Man. From there, they've made very few mistakes.

I never gave a shit about Iron Man before that movie. Fantastic movie. The Dude as the villain? Just epic. The sequels weren't as good though.

DaneMcCloud 10-31-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11074696)
I never gave a shit about Iron Man before that movie. Fantastic movie. The Dude as the villain? Just epic. The sequels weren't as good though.

I thought Iron Man 2 was unspeakably awful but I really liked Iron Man 3.

Shane Black and Robert Downey, jr. go together like beer and whiskey, IMO.