ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Fatty fatty bo batty (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137411)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2008 09:29 AM

I recently began working out again after a nearly four year hiatus. It's amazing how quickly the stremf returns, but how long it takes to rebuild the stamina.

My wife and I starting getting meals from a place called Super Suppers, which prepares the dishes, then freezes them. You just thaw, put them in the oven or on the skillet, and eat. It's a much better solution than fast food, and I don't have to have the daily conversation "What do you want to get for dinner" with the world's pickiest eater.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4644176)
I've been in the lower 180s for the past few months. I'm too lazy/unmotivated to work on dropping, to be completely honest.

Nice work on the fifty pounds you've lost so far.

Thanks. Only 150 to go. So ****ing daunting. Oh well, gotta do it. Congrats on keeping it off. I hope it's not too miserable to stay slim. I like to eat.

KChiefsQT 03-22-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 3090279)
banana nana fo fatty

Jan. 15: 253 lbs.
Feb. 12: 245 lbs.
Mar. 14: 226 lbs.

Still quite fat, to be sure, but it feels extremely good to be moving towards my goal.

If there's hope for a stupid, indecisive, fretful, socially anxious bitch like me, there's hope for anyone.

Right on! Congrats and keep it going... besides a diet....do you just go to the gym or are you mixing in some sports as well?

keg in kc 03-22-2008 12:29 PM

My goal is to lose 40 pounds this year. So far it's been like a yo-yo. One week I'll be down 5 pounds, the next I'll be up 6. The net result is that I'm exactly the same weight now as I was 1 January, and somehow I 'feel' (and look, to my eyes) even heavier. This despite daily walking that's exceeded 325 miles total this year (more than 500 total since 1 november). So I obviously need to be more cognizent of what I'm eating. I started jogging (just a mile, but it's a start) last monday, and while I have no desire or intention to ever start weightlifting, I do have another goal of working up towards 100 pushups and 100 situps daily, but that's going to take some time, since I can barely do 10 pushups right now. Basically I just want to get myself in shape, where jogging a few miles isn't a death struggle and 100 pushups is just something I do. So, I guess while I did mention a weight goal, it's not really the weight that's important. I feel like I'm soft, weak, and I just don't like that.

That said, hopefully I'll start to see some results relatively soon, because if I don't, I'll stop. I know me. If the next 3 months give the same (zero) net gain as the first 3, then I'll say "fuck it".

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4644467)
My goal is to lose 40 pounds this year. So far it's been like a yo-yo. One week I'll be down 5 pounds, the next I'll be up 6. The net result is that I'm exactly the same weight now as I was 1 January, and somehow I 'feel' (and look, to my eyes) even heavier. This despite daily walking that's exceeded 325 miles total this year (more than 500 total since 1 november). So I obviously need to be more cognizent of what I'm eating. I started jogging (just a mile, but it's a start) last monday, and while I have no desire or intention to ever start weightlifting, I do have another goal of working up towards 100 pushups and 100 situps daily, but that's going to take some time, since I can barely do 10 pushups right now. Basically I just want to get myself in shape, where jogging a few miles isn't a death struggle and 100 pushups is just something I do. So, I guess while I did mention a weight goal, it's not really the weight that's important. I feel like I'm soft, weak, and I just don't like that.

That said, hopefully I'll start to see some results relatively soon, because if I don't, I'll stop. I know me. If the next 3 months give the same (zero) net gain as the first 3, then I'll say "fuck it".

As much as it pains me to say this, it's all about what you eat more than how much you excercise. Get it down to around 1700 calories a day with very little fat, and you'll lose it. I guarantee it.

keg in kc 03-22-2008 12:43 PM

The equation for losing weight isn't hard, it's eating less and moving more. Just exercising isn't enough. Just eating right isn't enough.

With me it's not as much about how much I eat as what I eat. I don't eat a whole lot, but I eat a few too many salty, sweet and fried foods. I'm doing better with it, but if I slip up even once, it's like a snowball effect. And as much as I'd like to, I just can't moderate some things. I have to completely get things like chips out of my house, for instance.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-22-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4644480)
The equation for losing weight isn't hard, it's eating less and moving more. Just exercising isn't enough. Just eating right isn't enough.

With me it's not as much about how much I eat as what I eat. I don't eat a whole lot, but I eat a few too many salty, sweet and fried foods. I'm doing better with it, but if I slip up even once, it's like a snowball effect. And as much as I'd like to, I just can't moderate some things. I have to completely get things like chips out of my house, for instance.

I'm the same way. I do fine during the day. Night time eating is what ****s me up every single time. I wonder if it's because I smoke pot....................

Buck 05-12-2010 03:03 AM

Hey UP, if you are still here and reading this I have a question.

Would you still recommend this diet? Did you have any negative repercussions after you got off the Ketosis?

KurtCobain 05-12-2010 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 4644483)
I'm the same way. I do fine during the day. Night time eating is what ****s me up every single time. I wonder if it's because I smoke pot....................

I knew a girl that was trying to use meth to lose weight, but the problem was she smoked pot too, so she still ate alot of cheetos and didn't get any skinnier.

RJ 05-12-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 6752754)
I knew a girl that was trying to use meth to lose weight, but the problem was she smoked pot too, so she still ate alot of cheetos and didn't get any skinnier.

Those celebrity diets never work.

Saulbadguy 05-12-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6752752)
Hey UP, if you are still here and reading this I have a question.

Would you still recommend this diet? Did you have any negative repercussions after you got off the Ketosis?

I can answer this.

Yeah, the negative repercussion is you start gaining weight back because you don't learn to eat right. :mad:

Toadkiller 05-12-2010 06:54 AM

I did medifast, I lost 100 pounds and I did learn how to eat right. I also learned how to get on an exercise plan, stick with it and keep myself accountable.

Jethopper 05-12-2010 07:09 AM

NOT HEALTHY

boogblaster 05-12-2010 08:19 AM

I lost bout 1 pound earlier this morning ...

Ultra Peanut 05-17-2010 02:07 AM

Welp, this thread refuses to die. I'm in the upper 160s at the moment (5'8"), if anyone's interested in knowing the long-term aftermath or whatever.

I wouldn't really recommend Medifast unless you (a) need to lose a ton of weight (50+ lbs), and (b) are okay with the idea of dealing with the effects of losing a lot of fat while not building muscle (SOME PARTS REMAIN JIGGLY, OKAY).

In the end, it was way better than being fat. I was way too depressed four years ago to pursue anything else, so Medifast was basically a godsend.

These days I often think how cool it'd be if I were Hope Solo-style ripped or whatever, but oh well. I've had my body chemistry sorted out for long enough to be confident that working out will provide the results I'm actually looking for. Plus school's done for the most part, so I actually have the chance to do lots of positive stuff. Yay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 6752829)
I did medifast, I lost 100 pounds and I did learn how to eat right.

*terrorist fist pound*

p.s. here is a cat (also i did not look like this four years ago, you're just going to have to trust me on this)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...o/07s866zj.jpg