ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pioli looks for specific qualities in free agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204810)

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5612683)
You're talking out your ass. That's all there is to it.

No.

R&GHomer 03-26-2009 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 5612569)
I'd say we better draft a running back because Lj's attitude will no longer fit.

I agree... If LJ doesn't change his attitude, Haley is going to go all Drama queen on his azz. :doh!:

htismaqe 03-26-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5612660)
You're moving the goalposts.

ANYONE that can match up one-on-one with Gates and shut him down is a good player. REGARDLESS of position.

Page is supposed to be a COVER 2 SAFETY.

Yet he has poor play recognition, no zone discipline, and is slow. All of those in combination result in him being out of position the majority of the time.

If you want him to play just to cover Gates, by all means put him on special teams. A starting NFL safety he is not.

htismaqe 03-26-2009 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5612665)
Garbage. Pollard gives no one anything to hope for. Between the two, Page makes more plays. There's no question. No question at all.

You obviously don't watch ANY college football.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612737)
Page is supposed to be a COVER 2 SAFETY.

Yet he has poor play recognition, no zone discipline, and is slow. All of those in combination result in him being out of position the majority of the time.

If you want him to play just to cover Gates, by all means put him on special teams. A starting NFL safety he is not.

:eek:ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612737)
If you want him to play Cover Gates, by all means put him on special teams.

He would lose the job; that's Whitlock's favorite position.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...GATESSAUCE.jpg

Delano 03-26-2009 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5612556)
There's another player who has proved jack shit. I wouldn't be so confident in this. He could improve dramatically, or he could continue to suck balls.

Morgan had very little experience coming out of NC State. He only started one year at NCST and he missed his senior year of high school.

Great physical skills but his game needs experience and polishing. Good DB coaching should help. Hopefully Pendergast and Collier can help Morgan rise to his potential.

Give him a little time.

htismaqe 03-26-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 5612781)
Morgan had very little experience coming out of NC State. He only started one year at NCST and he missed his senior year of high school.

Great physical skills but his game needs experience and polishing. Good DB coaching should help. Hopefully Pendergast and Collier can help Morgan rise to his potential.

Give him a little time.

If the coaching "excuse" works for Morgan, it works for Pollard too. Hell, it works for just about everybody on the defense.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612740)
You obviously don't watch ANY college football.

I can only assume you don't watch any Chiefs football.

Page made a ton of plays on the ball last year.

htismaqe 03-26-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5612817)
I can only assume you don't watch any Chiefs football.

Page made a ton of plays on the ball last year.

If you had seen Pollard play in college, you'd know why suggesting there's "no hope" is downright laughable.

And making plays on balls that aren't in the right place doesn't mean one is in position.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612822)
If you had seen Pollard play in college, you'd know why suggesting there's "no hope" is downright laughable.

Please. All the guy does is miss tackles! How can anyone defend this clown! Who cares what he did THREE YEARS AGO in COLLEGE for crying out loud!

Delano 03-26-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612816)
If the coaching "excuse" works for Morgan, it works for Pollard too. Hell, it works for just about everybody on the defense.

I'm excited to see what Pollard can do this year. I'm not holding my breath that he has a break out year, but there should be some improvement.

I was trying to point out that Morgan doesn't suck balls like SNR posted. He was incredibly raw last year-tons of physical talent, but little experience.

Hammock Parties 03-26-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 5612839)
I'm excited to see what Pollard can do this year

Posted by various Chiefsplanet posters after the 2006 draft, during the 2007 offseason, and during the 2008 offseason.

:shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-26-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5612661)
The day Morgan takes Pollard's job, is the day I follow Mecca down the "Rape Myself With A Toilet Brush" trail.

DaJuan Morgan is by far the most physically talented player in that entire secondary. A lot of people had him rated as the best safety in last year's draft.

And if he's taking anyone's job next year, it will be Page's and not Pollard's.

L.A. Chieffan 03-26-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 5612816)

this is the explanation for pretty much everybody the past 3 years