ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 5939786)

Cassel isnt bad at throwing passes over 30 yards, he was TERRIBLE at it...3-26 over the course of the year.

His receivers weren't great at catching them. I saw Moss drop at LEAST two passes over 30 yards. Gaffney dropped one.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939791)
Does he do it consistently, and in the face of pressure?

That wasn't what you insinuated. You insinuated he couldn't do it. Of course you also think he trots.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939789)
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3y3QoFnqZc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHFEdh8jjiU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

That was one LOVELY wobble-rocket!

Yeah, yeah; it worked.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5939795)
That was one LOVELY wobble-rocket!

Yeah, yeah; it worked.

It was raining you dipshit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939796)
It was raining you dipshit.

ROFL Keep 'em coming Howard Cosell.

Mojo Rising 08-01-2009 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 5939789)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3y3QoFnqZc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V3y3QoFnqZc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHFEdh8jjiU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

If Croyle had the time and a big, fast WR like Moss to throw to he could have hit him too. Cassell will not have a pocket to step into. He does not have WR's who will get the type of seperation he is used to.

I do not think he will last until...IF....the new regime does support him with talent. Albert might last.

Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Dorsey...even Dwayne Bowe do not live up to there 1st round selections. You can not have that many misses and expect to compete. Cassell might have been a good player but no one will know because of where he came from and what he is walking into.

Mecca 08-01-2009 04:17 AM

Even if you add those in it's still a very poor number, he doesn't have a bad deep because of a bad arm, his arm is above average. He's just not accurate with his throws down the field, some of them looked like he just threw to a wide open area of field where no one really had any chance of catching it on either team.

His issues are things that can be worked upon, as of now those are his most pressing issues he needs to improve on.

Also that gif is a bad example because the way a guy moves when he's moving to throw and moving to run aren't the same. Matt Cassel is athletic when he tucks and runs like that he can move pretty well. Most guys trot when they move to throw because no one wants to throw while running at full speed because it jacks with your motion.

If Cassel can vastly improve his play from center while showing better deep ball accuracy that would be a huge huge improvement to his game. His middle of the field stuff you would think would come with time and playing more.

I expect more picks because I don't think the Chiefs are going to tell him if your first read isn't open take the sack, but that goes with the process. I want to see fast reads and progressions and the ball coming out at a good rate.

Mecca 08-01-2009 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939802)
If Croyle had the time and a big, fast WR like Moss to throw to he could have hit him too. Cassell will not have a pocket to step into. He does not have WR's who will get the type of seperation he is used to.

I do not think he will last until...IF....the new regime does support him with talent. Albert might last.

Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Dorsey...even Dwayne Bowe do not live up to there 1st round selections. You can not have that many misses and expect to compete. Cassell might have been a good player but no one will know because of where he came from and what he is walking into.

If Bowe isn't good this year he'll have no one to throw too....I do have some wonder if they'll be able to get enough out of the Oline so Cassel can survive the first 2 months.

Pioli Zombie 08-01-2009 04:19 AM

That sounds like a bullshit statistic. I'm curious, what was Peyton Mannings over 30 yards ratio? I doubt there are too many qbs with a good one.

Its like the "record vs playoff teams". Like when you hear "this guy sucks. In his career he wins 80 percent against team with losing records but only 46 against playoff teams". Duh. No shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca 08-01-2009 04:22 AM

It's not even so much the stat, if you've watched him play or talk to people that have on a consistent basis his deep ball is the first thing that is brought up as something he doesn't do well.

He's just not accurate with it at all, he hit a few and missed badly with alot. No one respects your deep ball if when you throw it you miss by a huge degree.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Rising (Post 5939802)

Sorry, this is just ridiculous.

Cassel looked awesome throwing to JABAR GAFFNEY.

Is Jabar Gaffney better than Dwayne Bowe?

Is he even better than Bobby Engram or Mark Bradley?

Pioli Zombie 08-01-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939808)
It's not even so much the stat, if you've watched him play or talk to people that have on a consistent basis his deep ball is the first thing that is brought up as something he doesn't do well.

He's just not accurate with it at all, he hit a few and missed badly with alot. No one respects your deep ball if when you throw it you miss by a huge degree.

I watched consistantly and by the end of the season he was throwing them fine. Matt Cassel is hardly the thing Chiefs fans need to worry about.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mojo Rising 08-01-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939804)
If Bowe isn't good this year he'll have no one to throw too....I do have some wonder if they'll be able to get enough out of the Oline so Cassel can survive the first 2 months.

Bowe = Lamar Odom. Physical skills that should determine dominance matched with an inconsistent effort. They will come up big in games that you don't need. Disappear in games that you need. Without Kobe, and Phil...Lamrs fate would be the same as Bowe's.

I can see Bowe walking as a FA because he is a CP guy. Then dogging it in the playoffs and then making the SB winning 1st down or TD for the Eagles, Pats or Giants.

Hammock Parties 08-01-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939803)
I expect more picks because I don't think the Chiefs are going to tell him if your first read isn't open take the sack

What the hell.

Cassel was a hell of a lot more than a one-read quarterback last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-01-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939808)

Not to be overly obvious, but it's a nice threat to have. Especially when the modern air-game so dominantly 30 yards or less per-pass distance on average.