ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New Corvette Stingray Unveiled For 2014 - C7 Redesign (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268921)

Al Bundy 01-16-2013 03:46 PM

Well.. a new vehicle for transformers 4.

RINGLEADER 01-16-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9320752)
I'd bet it's near zo6 pricing but not as high as a zr1 .

And it'll be like when the dodge Viper first came out and people were paying 10s of thousands above msrp.

I want a used vette so bad. Just as my fun car. No rain. Just for fun driving and cruising. Maybe in a couple of years

I had a year two Viper...which was really the first year they were driven since the initial order (in 91 if I remember correctly) mainly went to collectors who never drove them. I didn't pay a premium, and it was a fun ride, but a car without a usable second gear that had a removable top that took four people a half hour to put on curbed my enthusiasm...I'm looking forward to the new NSX personally...

houstonwhodat 01-16-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9325230)
I can't imagine the valve adjustment interals and cost to check tolerances/adjust them.

I LOVE the looks of them though.

That's the problem with exotics and why most of them have very few miles on them when they get resold.

The cost to maintain is ludicrous.

Most have to take the engine out to service them, usually around 5-10K for a complete service depending on if 8 or 12 cylinder.

Vette's can be daily drivers, exotics not.

Dayze 01-16-2013 05:37 PM

shit...the 4v Ducati adjustments are anywhere from like 500-800.
...and that's for 8 valves total. lol I can't imagine what it would be on a Ferrari or Lambo; or any other engine that uses Desmo valve actuation.

which is why, if I ever get a Duc, I'm getting the 2v and doing it myself.

Psyko Tek 01-16-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9324255)
that money wont buy you 2 NICE 60's/ 70's muscle cars

didn't say nice
and if you know how to look
the pontiac version of a chevelle or nova can be had cheap

Dayze 01-17-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 9326061)
I had a year two Viper...which was really the first year they were driven since the initial order (in 91 if I remember correctly) mainly went to collectors who never drove them. I didn't pay a premium, and it was a fun ride, but a car without a usable second gear that had a removable top that took four people a half hour to put on curbed my enthusiasm...I'm looking forward to the new NSX personally...

was 2nd super tall?

stevieray 01-17-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9325359)
My buddy built a 6-figure '68 and he dropped a crate "M-Block" motor in it that bolted into the small-block engine bay but produces large-block power.

It's a pretty amazing motor (hell, the car is incredible).

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1261

His car is a no-shit show car, though. He's brought home a couple of good-guys builders choice trophies, etc... It's an amazing ride. It took 9 years to finish, but an incredible vehicle nonetheless.

is this dave's camaro?

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9327786)
is this dave's camaro?

Yup.

Thing is amazing. Still has a couple of gremlins, but an absolute monster. If you want I can PM you the facebook address for the builder. It's a complete build history from the old black junker to that thing.

Kevin did a fantastic job...in just a hair under a decade.

Dayze 01-17-2013 09:21 AM

what's the deal with the GD MOPAR stripes on the sides?

:Poke:
:D

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9327850)
what's the deal with the GD MOPAR stripes on the sides?

:Poke:
:D

He saw 'em on a Challenger, liked them and put them on there. He also had the scoop painted like an RT. He wanted something that looked a little different than every other Camaro out there.

I'd have gone with a simple hockey stripe and matching SS stripes or maybe just the hockey stripe and painted cowl, but his idea looks pretty good (even though it's a clear MOPAR stripe).

So as not to go full hijack:

Dayze 01-17-2013 10:02 AM

I still think it's bad ass; I would kill to have something like that.

I also like the old Yenko stripes

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9327917)
I still think it's bad ass; I would kill to have something like that.

I also like the old Yenko stripes

Yeah, I think those look sharp, but if you want to really piss off a car guy, slap Yenko stripes on a regular Camaro...

The hockey stripes were my happy medium. I wouldn't build a ripoff (even if they look fantastic), but that styling is sharp as hell. A hockey stripe captures some of it without making you a classic car pariah.