ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Well, crazy things happen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268834)

manchambo 01-13-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9312790)
broncos went all in on manning, just like we did with montana..

pretty much had one shot

it ain't getting any warmer in colorado, and manning ain't getting any younger or stronger

Good lord. The game was won and the secondary made a play that will go down in history among the worst **** ups ever in a playoff game. If Moore could have just managed the incredible fuqtardedness of allowing a 60 yard completion then tackling the receiver Denver probably wins. But this is clearly a sign that manning is washed up, despite one of the best regular seasons of his career.

King_Chief_Fan 01-13-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchambo (Post 9314814)
Good lord. The game was won and the secondary made a play that will go down in history among the worst **** ups ever in a playoff game. If Moore could have just managed the incredible fuqtardedness of allowing a 60 yard completion then tackling the receiver Denver probably wins. But this is clearly a sign that manning is washed up, despite one of the best regular seasons of his career.

Denver had an anomoly happen in a punt and kick return for TD.
Let's be clear and more transparent about ALL the little **** ups that were made....coverage on kick offs and punts were major foul ups by Baltimore

AussieChiefsFan 01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Fox went Marty. Manning went favre. Sorry man.

listopencil 01-13-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9312787)
Oh yeah and KnowMo got crotch kicked, lost bet, off the planet for a year IIRC.

That's almost worth it. Not really, bit it makes the loss easier to take anyway. Meh. Not gonna go over all of the stupid shit that happened. There was plenty of blame to go around, and there were several blatantly obvious bad calls that didn't help us out any. The team is talented enough to do well but just doesn't have all the pieces yet. And the coaching staff needs to grow some balls on the Offensive side. They blew a shot at a Lombardi and you don't get many of those. This loss felt a lot like that home loss to Jacksonville way back when. We went on to win the next two Super Bowls though. We'll see what happens next.

Rain Man 01-13-2013 04:24 PM

Fans of the enemy or not, our local Broncos fans on CP are good folk, and I empathize with their pain of flopping on a home-field advantage. I know that pain all too well.

FlaChief58 01-13-2013 04:29 PM

Stay Classy dude. I wont go as far as to say that I feel sorry for you but, I do feel your pain. Lets hope that the Chiefs field a real NFL team this year so we can get some good games when we play eachother

Easy 6 01-13-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9312774)
I couldn't believe how many people thought they were a lock against the Ravens.

If that turd safety of theirs had been in position, they WOULD have been a lock.

The ravens got incredibly lucky and will be bounced by whoever wins today.

TheGuardian 01-13-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9315034)
If that turd safety of theirs had been in position, they WOULD have been a lock.

Even without that play, the game was tight. Certainly, the donkeys were never a lock.

Kylo Ren 01-13-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9312754)
I said a number of times that this could happen... Good game though, while I didn't like the outcome, it was a good game. There were bad calls by the refs against both teams. A few questionable calls by Denver, but the two teams played well and unfortunately for me ... they lost.

You kids enjoy crotch kicking KnoMo and the rest of us... I am going to let this settle for a day or two and move on. It was a great season, 2013 will be fun as well.

Later.

I'd like to say something sarcastic, but we went 2-14, so I couldn't think of anything appropriate.

Rain Man 01-13-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

That play still amazes me. If you're a safety in that situation, how do you let a receiver get behind you? The name of your position is "safety". You should be running toward the goal line the second the ball is snapped. While I'm obviously not a Broncos fan, I almost hated to see that play from the pure perspective of being a football fan who likes defense.

Note that I said 'almost'. I still cheered and applauded. Since I was watching the game on a plane headed to Denver, I was in a distinct minority.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Not as big of a fluke as TWO return TD's. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

notorious 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9315708)
. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

:(

Pasta Little Brioni 01-13-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9315711)
:(

:p You WERE reverse trolling right? Right????

Easy 6 01-13-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9315708)
Not as big of a fluke as TWO return TD's. Only a fool would think a playoff game against the battle tested Ravens would be a layup.

It seems like huge punt or kick returns were as rare as finding a unicorn in the regular season, yet the playoffs have been full of big returns.

But two returns for a touchdown? thats hard to call a fluke imo, just call them good plays made against a good team.

They had it won, but between that safety dicking up, outfoxed not going for points with 30 seconds and two timeouts, and of course the Man himself making critical mistakes... it all adds up to MegaChoke.

NWTF 01-13-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9312767)
You would be better off dumping manning and trading draft picks for flacco once he is franchised.

In the end, did it really surprise you manning choked in a playoff game...and flacco won, again?

I guess not. Saw afterward Peyton dropped to 0-4 in the playoffs when the temp is below 40* and 9-11 overall.

Hopefully for Donk fans they dont get home field advantage anymore, get to play dome teams on the road, and pray to god if they make the SB that Rex Grossman is the opposing teams QB.