ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher to play at Right tackle (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272735)

the Talking Can 05-03-2013 04:45 AM

you can only get RTs who were LTs in the MAC with the #1 pick

Chiefs

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-03-2013 07:14 AM

I'll bet Alex Smith throws for 4000 yards and 25 TDs on his 1st pass attempt.

That's right, All because Eric Fisher is gonna be THAT good !

notorious 05-03-2013 07:15 AM

As if there was any doubt.

AussieChiefsFan 05-03-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9654574)
I'll bet Alex Smith throws for 4000 yards and 25 TDs on his 1st pass attempt.!

Yeah, because the receiver is gonna run the length of the field 40 times and score 25 times. LMAO

BossChief 05-03-2013 07:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, Eric Fisher has a chance to be a great player, but it just seems like this was a draft pick they intended all along to make and play at rt to try to accomidate Alex Smiths weaknesses.

Hopefully, they get Albert signed long term and this significantly upgrades the line to where we are done spending high picks on it.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9654606)
Don't get me wrong, Eric Fisher has a chance to be a great player, but it just seems like this was a draft pick they intended all along to make and play at rt to try to accomidate Alex Smiths weaknesses.

Hopefully, they get Albert signed long term and this significantly upgrades the line to where we are done spending high picks on it.

well they're learning

last time they picked up someone elses trash at QB they didn't protect him enough and he was exposed as trash

this they they pick up someone elses trash they'll pay out the nose to protect him so we fans don't notice he's trash as quickly as last time

so they're getting smarter. still not as smart as a 12 year old that knows to win a Super Bowl you draft your own QB, but hey. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Rausch 05-03-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654575)
As if there was any doubt.

It was argued by many that Albert should play G or RT.

I thought I'd have to sign up for witness protection after suggesting Albert staying here at LT was a good thing...

ChiliConCarnage 05-03-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9654606)

I think so unfortunately our line is probably not as good as San Fran's so we probably need to take Alex's numbers and skew them down a bit. I think our receiving groups are relatively even.

Hopefully we get last years Alex and he really was coming into his own.

Codered 05-03-2013 08:02 AM

1.1 for a RT. Only the Chiefs.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9654632)

I thought I'd have to sign up for witness protection after suggesting Albert staying here at LT was a good thing...

nah, it's too close to call. Rookie LT with more initial potential than than a good LT with 5 years expereince = wash

however, if we're building for the future (like we're SUPPOSED to be) and not just striving for a 10-6 one and done to fill the seats, in theory we should get our rookie the experience at LT ASAP, since we aren't competeing for a Super Bowl this year anyway. that's what i would do, but i'm no coach

notorious 05-03-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9654632)

It's definately the way to go. By keeping Albert at LT, he still carries trade value.

Fisher's first couple of years are not as valuable by playing him at RT.

I really don't give a shit anymore, I just want to win.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654647)
By keeping Albert at LT, he still carries trade value.

That's very true, I forgot about that. And it has to be taken into consideration in this decision

Messier 05-03-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 9654639)
1.1 for a RT. Only the Chiefs.

Fisher is going to play RT for his career?

notorious 05-03-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backwards Masking (Post 9654653)
That's very true, I forgot about that. And it has to be taken into consideration in this decision

It's not much, though. We are going to get a 6 pack and a pack of smokes for him if he's traded.

I would rather that Fisher play LT to get more experience, trades be damned.

Backwards Masking 05-03-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9654661)
I would rather that Fisher play LT to get more experience, trades be damned.

It's better for the future of the team I think. If a respectable team used the trade value reasoning for keeping Albert at LT i would believe them. But since it's the Chiefs, I see this move as them trying to win more games now and fill more seats and make more money than preparing for their future. History being what it is and all.