ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Petro a& Lenny "Don't blame the offense" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198946)

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320459)
That's fine if you think there's like 1 or 2 elite QB's.

Brady (when healthy), Manning, and Favre of last year come to mind.

Phillip Rivers this year is a good comparison to Carson Palmer, imo.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Wow we have some reeruns on the loose. Carson Palmer is a top 5 NFL QB. Period. Put him in city other than the cesspool of Cincinnati and you are talking about Peyton Manning and him in the same breath. And heck he took that cesspool to the playoffs through a division championship.

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320454)
Tony Romo is only on the most talented team in the league, man I'm impressed...

And according to you he hasn't because Palmer and Romo have done the same thing they've both made the playoffs and lost. Palmer got injured in his game, Romo just ****ed up.

Romo has made the playoffs 2 seasons out of 2 and he played ****ing awesome against the EVENTUAL SUPER BOWL CHAMPION GIANTS...only to have Crayton drop a sure fire, Tony Romo made (on an amazing scramble) dagger TD pass (if you watched the game you'd know the play) that would have been them up 28-17...instead they had to punt and the rest was history.

The Cowboys played the Giants better than the then 18-0 Patriots last year...if it wasn't for the Cowboys D surrendering a first half TD with 0:45 on the clock and said Crayton drop, the Cowboys represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and the Pats probably go 19-0.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5320468)
Brady (when healthy), Manning, and Favre of last year come to mind.

Phillip Rivers this year is a good comparison to Carson Palmer, imo.

Rivers holds the ball and takes alot of sacks so if anyone is going to rail on Palmer for being immobile Rivers does the same stuff...

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5320464)
Would you trade LJ for Palmer?

Yes but LJ has no trade value.

Bowser 12-22-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5320463)
if he was borderline great he'd have more than one playoff appearance under his belt with players like Chad Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry on his team...

He was average when healthy, and now he can't stay on the field...he's on name alone now.

People were taking him in the 2nd round of fantasy this year and I was cracking up...the dude will never be relevant again...I can't wait until the 5-11 2009 Bengals conclude their season with Palmer on IR so I can laugh in douche bag's face.

This is why I made the Trent Green reference. Cinci, when Palmer was lighting it up, had no defense, ala the '02-'05 Chiefs when Trent was tearing it up.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320471)
Wow we have some reeruns on the loose. Carson Palmer is a top 5 NFL QB. Period. Put him in city other than the cesspool of Cincinnati and you are talking about Peyton Manning and him in the same breath. And heck he took that cesspool to the playoffs through a division championship.

It's unexplainable.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320408)
You are railing on a 28 year old QB, that has every tool you could ask a QB to have after supporting Tyler Thigpen, do you understand how dumb that makes you look?

who had a couple of good years and ALWAYS IS INJURED

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:19 PM

Always injured?

This is the first year he has missed any games due to injury....

CoMoChief 12-22-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5320464)
Would you trade LJ for Palmer?

I would in a heartbeat.

SAUTO 12-22-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320484)
Always injured?

but he always has injuries that limit his play. what's his career won loss record?

Hootie 12-22-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320471)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Carson Palmer isn't even in the same world as Peyton Manning.

Everyone gives the Colts credit for all of the pieces they surround Peyton with...but living in Illinois I get EVERY Colts game and they have a defense that is almost as bad as the one we field...Harrison is noticeably washed up...Clark is an average TE that Peyton glorifies...that offensive line is shaky at best and they have NO running game this year...

It's Peyton and Wayne...mostly Peyton...and he's willed that team on one knee from 3-4 to 11-4...

Carson Palmer is a #1 pick that has been surrounded by talent on the offensive side of the ball his whole career...the year he took over for Kitna the Bengals won 8 or 9 games I believe...they might have been a playoff team.

Since then Palmer has made the playoffs once and has underachieved every year because he has terrible ball control. Too many turnovers, not enough 3rd down conversions...the dude is flat out overrated...always has been...and now he's injury prone. I told Mecca the Bengals won't win 7 games next year with a healthy Palmer and he won't take the bet because he knows it's a bad bet.

A franchise QB wills their team to the playoffs, period.

See Matt Ryan.

ChiefsCountry 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5320484)
Always injured?

Playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

They can have everyone on the offense other than Bowe and Albert for Palmer....and they can take DJ too.

Mecca 12-22-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 5320499)
Playoff game against Pittsburgh.

Well he got injured in that game then was ready for the next season so he started the game.