ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 49ers officially bench Kaepernick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295839)

O.city 11-03-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11862318)
He pretty much got put into the worst situation you could ever imagine professionally. When the Jags drafted him they still had Garrard, but rather than letting him sit and learn for a year, which they should have done given his cheap contract, they threw him in halfway into the second game of the year. He had nothing around him and a terrible coach who was coaching for his job, so he went to someone who wasn't ready to buy himself time.

After that, he went through two more coaches and OCs in two years while also battling injuries and his only playmaker drank himself out of the league after a year.

It also didn't help that his college QB coach taught him to play flat-footed, which makes it terribly difficult to actually scan through your reads and throw with any accuracy, so he had to learn footwork, drops, and read NFL defenses (which was never asked of him at Mizzou).

Nevertheless, he may have never worked out just because he never had a feel for the pocket. What's interesting is that people always bash him for playing afraid, and maybe he was, but he also displayed the most toughness I've ever seen from a Mizzou QB when he didn't miss a game after Suh basically amputated his foot on a dirty-ass play.

He's probably a great example of why you can never really tell with an NFL QB. He was very smart, had a good football mind, elite size, he could make all the throws, and he was a really good athlete.

I sometimes wonder if his football intelligence was overstated.

I dunno, he seemed to just get beaten to death, then gave up.

Eleazar 11-03-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11862211)
What is your opinion on Gabbert and his potential? I have always wondered why he has busted so badly. I don't know much about him... Just remember him from the bowl game vs. Iowa and a Chiefs vs. Jags game... Plus I remember reading an article where they wrote about him having a photographic memory.

As a Missouri fan I never thought of him as first rounder when he came out. He should have stayed in school. But when the league is QB crazy and you're a top ten pick, why not go?

In Jacksonville it would be hard for anyone to have succeeded with so little talent around them and with new coordinators virtually every year, but he shares half the blame as well. The bad reads and such were his.

Gabbert can make any throw you can draw up but has trouble with turnovers. Cassel doesn't rise to the level of being able to make the throws.

Gabbert is essentially just raw material. He didn't develop in JAX but he's still only 26.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-03-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11862332)

Pretty much anyone would have.

You can ruin any player with bad enough coaching and talent in the NFL. Look at how Luck has regressed this year.

Rausch 11-03-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11862332)

Pretty much. By the end he was seeing ghosts and sensing pressure the few times it wasn't there...

stevieray 11-03-2015 03:50 PM

Funny how people said Stafford and Kap and all these QB's were so great..pffft.

scho63 11-03-2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11862463)

Luck isn't looking all that special lately either.

Once their confidence is broken, it's hard to get back. Takes a special kind of player.

I say Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Tom Brady are the four best I've seen play in my lifetime of 52 years old. Rogers isn't far behind

Rausch 11-03-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11862463)

The talent on both those teams has gone waaaaay down...

Eleazar 11-03-2015 03:59 PM

Greatness isn't easy to find, as it turns out/as it has always been

stevieray 11-03-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11862480)
The talent on both those teams has gone waaaaay down...

but....but great qb's carry teams!

/hypocrits

seriously though, it's a quirky year for sure. lots of 4-4, 3-5 records with good qb's.

oaklandhater 11-03-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11861421)
Their fans are even worse.

I can't tell you how many times I heard that the 49ers "upgraded" with Tomsula over Harbaugh.

Where do you live Dane Because in the Bay Area radio Every one pretty much hates York right now and thinks Tomsula is a joke

That said this morning the local 49ers radio guys said at least the 49ers aren't chiefs bad yet.

Toby Waller 11-03-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 11862470)
Luck isn't looking all that special lately either.

Once their confidence is broken, it's hard to get back. Takes a special kind of player.

I say Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, John Elway, and Tom Brady are the four best I've seen play in my lifetime of 52 years old. Rogers isn't far behind

not look good? Hes brought the team within a breath of winning twice in two weeks. Saints/Panthers

O.city 11-03-2015 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11862432)
Pretty much anyone would have.

You can ruin any player with bad enough coaching and talent in the NFL. Look at how Luck has regressed this year.

Pretty much.

Just like any sport, confidence and structure is proving to be a huge factor with these qbs.

O.city 11-03-2015 05:03 PM

So then it begs the question, is it something at this point he can change?

Simply Red 11-03-2015 05:05 PM

My thing is - wonder why he did so well starting off then went so downhill? - what are most of you thinking happened?

oaklandhater 11-03-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11862554)
So then it begs the question, is it something at this point he can change?

Not with out the right coaching and no way in hell is Tomsula the right coach.