ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs MELLINGER: Chiefs fans feel ignored (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265717)

AussieChiefsFan 10-26-2012 05:37 AM

Say it does backfire. What then?

Dave Lane 10-26-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9050726)
Yes and no.

I think a lot of fans were (relatively) patient with the post Vermeil era. It was a very old team that had to be torn down and rebuilt. And while fans weren't happy with the losses or Herm's coaching, I think a lot of them recognized that it was a team that was devoid of talent due to that demolition job.

The problem now is they tore it down and built the foundation, and now all the bricks and lumber are lying around rotting while the general contractor trips over his own dick.

This is so off base as to be ludicrous.

007 10-26-2012 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9050944)
Say it does backfire. What then?

We've proven their point. heh

Mr. Flopnuts 10-26-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9050963)
This is so off base as to be ludicrous.

I agree. Had Herm and Carl gotten another year, then I would be more inclined to agree with him. As it was, they were ran out of town with pitchforks. I won't even bump the Carl is fired thread for proof. Everyone should remember.

Seriously, and be honest with yourself, if not out loud, looking back right now, do you wish they'd had just 1 more year to see what they could do with the team? Would we have drafted that 1st round QB? If they had 1 more year, do you think they would've been successful? What would be different about this team, and who would be running it if Clark had given them just one more year?

Those questions are for everyone, not just Dave. I'm just curious. I'm trying to get my finger on the pulse of Chiefs fans. ;)

AussieChiefsFan 10-26-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9050971)
I agree. Had Herm and Carl gotten another year, then I would be more inclined to agree with him. As it was, they were ran out of town with pitchforks. I won't even bump the Carl is fired thread for proof. Everyone should remember.

Seriously, and be honest with yourself, if not out loud, looking back right now, do you wish they'd had just 1 more year to see what they could do with the team? Would we have drafted that 1st round QB? If they had 1 more year, do you think they would've been successful? What would be different about this team, and who would be running it if Clark had given them just one more year?

Those questions are for everyone, not just Dave. I'm just curious. I'm trying to get my finger on the pulse of Chiefs fans. ;)

:hmmm:

Marcellus 10-26-2012 06:05 AM

- "They blame the 1-5 record, ignoring that losing only exposes issues that have been building for years."

Did he just forget the rest of the sentence? What do they blame the 1-5 start on?

King_Chief_Fan 10-26-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9050971)

NO, don't think they should have had 1 more year. Carl had 20 for his 5 year plan. That was plenty. Herm was a joke to begin with and he wasn't going to get any better. Do you see Herm coaching any where....Is Carl a GM any where?

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 06:10 AM

The Blackout event will be when the SOC movement shows its cards. If the turnout is a paltry one, then Hunt and company will effectively win the war; the churlish banner-fliers will be "proven" to be nothing more than a "few" angry fans...

However, if the stadium is truly blacked out...change be a coming because the SOC movement will be in full throat.

P.S.: **** Pioli.

King_Chief_Fan 10-26-2012 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9050985)
The Blackout event will be when the SOC movement shows its cards. If the turnout is a paltry one, then Hunt and company will effectively win the war; the churlish banner-fliers will be "proven" to be nothing more than a "few" angry fans...

However, if the stadium is truly blacked out...change be a coming because the SOC movement will be in full throat.

P.S.: **** Pioli.

Deez- what is your guess that will happen? I am not close enough to the noise to have an opinion.

007 10-26-2012 06:12 AM

Of course, it is going to be hard to black out arrowhead will all those empty seats. LMAO

AussieChiefsFan 10-26-2012 06:13 AM

LMAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9050991)
Of course, it is going to be hard to black out arrowhead will all those empty seats. LMAO

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9050988)
Deez- what is your guess that will happen? I am not close enough to the noise to have an opinion.

For the Blackout to be a success, the media is going to have to champion it, too. 810, for example, is going to need to come into the fold. Perhaps The Star.

Just a guess: I don't believe the SOC sites are pervasive enough to carry the day. I might be very wrong about this, though.

DeezNutz 10-26-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9050991)

And, in all seriousness, this might be great for the cause. Trash bag those ****ing seats. Now, visually speaking, the movement grows in number, and SOC is trying to make a visual splash.

King_Chief_Fan 10-26-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9050996)
For the Blackout to be a success, the media is going to have to champion it, too. 810, for example, is going to need to come into the fold. Perhaps The Star.

Just a guess: I don't believe the SOC sites are pervasive enough to carry the day. I might be very wrong about this, though.

Again, not close enough to have a feel, but my gut tells me your guess is correct. They havn't demonstrated that 70k people are riled up. Just a few hundred. But I admire the attempt.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-26-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9050996)

I agree. We need this to become a focal point in the media for it to be a true success. I think if we get some preorder numbers from Sports Nutz, it will give us a good idea of where we're going to need to be in terms of rallying the troops if you will. I'm hoping they're already rallied, but I just don't know...