ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:On first play at camp, Chiefs show their new look (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274833)

Ace Gunner 07-27-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9837762)
not sure if it was mentioned, but the guys on 610 just said DBowe is PUP because of a chest cold, essentially. He's congested. Should be ready to roll next week.

posted in the TC thread, didn't get any play so here maybe you guys might see this

and ya, folks in KC put too much stock in TC. It's a good thing when players do well during TC, but it isn't real game time and there is no way to use it as a measuring stick against other teams.

Marcellus 07-27-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9837707)
Yep.

We win training camp every year.

I have no idea why people get carried away with what these guys do in shorts.

On the other side a huge contingent complains about every negative that happens in shorts.

Most people are happy football is starting up again and really and excited for good things that could happen.

This fan base is no different than any other in that regard. Training camp is a fun time because anything can happen from there.

Yea you could focus on the worries and negatives but why do that?

The fact is this teams 2013 potential is a real mystery right now.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2013 09:51 AM

Yup. Every negative report is treated like gospel. Stanzi incompletion: OMGZ BRAYS DA BESTEST EVER!!!

Marcellus 07-27-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9837840)
Yup. Every negative report is treated like gospel. Stanzi incompletion: OMGZ BRAYS DA BESTEST EVER!!!

Irony is that CP mantra is you must draft a QB in round 1 to win the SB but many of those same people are hanging their future hopes on an UDFA.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-27-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9837845)
Irony is that CP mantra is you must draft a QB in round 1 to win the SB but many of those same people are hanging their future hopes on an UDFA.

BIG ARM!!!!

Chief Roundup 07-27-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9837830)
Yea you could focus on the worries and negatives but why do that?

I have wondered this myself. From what I have seen around here. It seems that a lot of the posters would rather be negative than be called a homer. It seems that these same posters would rather apologize for being wrong with some stupid cliche about 1 in a million type of thing than have hope and belief.
Some people can't handle the emotions of having a season of football go bad when they had been so positive about it.

Chief Roundup 07-27-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9837845)

Duh man those posters don't believe the chiefs will draft a QB in the 1st. Also several of those same posters thought that Bray would have been drafted in the 1st if he had have been in a better situation. Blah Blah Blah.

Mav 07-27-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9837707)
Yep.

We win training camp every year.

I have no idea why people get carried away with what these guys do in shorts.

I understand that. But it is a good sign that they aren't dinking and dunking all over the place. How will that translate to when the bullets are flying? No idea.

Brock 07-27-2013 10:46 AM

Same shit every year.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9837874)
I have wondered this myself. From what I have seen around here. It seems that a lot of the posters would rather be negative than be called a homer. It seems that these same posters would rather apologize for being wrong with some stupid cliche about 1 in a million type of thing than have hope and belief.
Some people can't handle the emotions of having a season of football go bad when they had been so positive about it.

So much of this. This is why I don't throw around a ton of insults and simply roll my eyes at much... but too many people here really are weak lil pussies that refuse to get their hopes up because they will either be distraught or embarrassed if those hopes get crushed. Pussies and cowards... and they iz mad because they know it be true. :deevee:

Mav 07-27-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9837973)
So much of this. This is why I don't throw around a ton of insults and simply roll my eyes at much... but too many people here really are weak lil pussies that refuse to get their hopes up because they will either be distraught or embarrassed if those hopes get crushed. Pussies and cowards... and they iz mad because they know it be true. :deevee:

I don't understand it. Even in the Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan years, I was optimistic going in, that THIS WAS OUR YEAR....

Now, here there is a true reason for optimism, and some people just REFUSE to at least wait and see. They must lead seriously pathetic miserable lives.

milkman 07-27-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9837981)
I don't understand it. Even in the Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan years, I was optimistic going in, that THIS WAS OUR YEAR....

Now, here there is a true reason for optimism, and some people just REFUSE to at least wait and see. They must lead seriously pathetic miserable lives.

Perspective.

I don't believe Reid was the right hire, and I don't believe in Smith.

So there isn't any "true" reason for optimism.

Sandy Vagina 07-27-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9837981)

Many of them say it is because we can not appreciate the LONG duration of KC suckage... I can somewhat appreciate that.. but still.. you can never lose your way like some seem to have. Doing so is only hurting one's self.

The hate, anger, and despair is mostly a front... a protective barrier put up to insulate them from another potential letdown. It is a self defense mechanism consciously or unconsciously deployed. If they express defeat and prepare for the worst? Then another devastating season will be less harmful. It's.. quite frankly.. the coward's way out... and gives them some semblance of a silver-lining (at least) that they can then scream out, "See!?!? I was right!"

Brock 07-27-2013 11:15 AM

You have to love niners fans telling everybody how to be a fan. You guys are front running bundle of stickss, always have been.

milkman 07-27-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9838001)
Many of them say it is because we can not appreciate the LONG duration of KC suckage... I can somewhat appreciate that.. but still.. you can never lose your way like some seem to have. Doing so is only hurting one's self.

The hate, anger, and despair is mostly a front... a protective barrier put up to insulate them from another potential letdown. It is a self defense mechanism consciously or unconsciously deployed. If they express defeat and prepare for the worst? Then another devastating season will be less harmful. It's.. quite frankly.. the coward's way out... and gives them some semblance of a silver-lining (at least) that they can then scream out, "See!?!? I was right!"

Psycho babble.