ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The letter of the law or douchebag? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228069)

Rain Man 05-11-2010 05:06 PM

On a whole other point....7-6? In the pole vault? I think I could vault that using a baseball bat.

Coyote 05-11-2010 05:17 PM

Douche
It matches the old joke about the city lawyer out in the country. Clear day. ceiling and visibility unlimited. Approaching a Stop sign with no on coming traffic or obstructions, he slows down but doesn't come to a complete Stop. Country Sherrif pulls him over. Lawyer begins to argue about the spirit of the law and his full compliance with all safety related aspects. Country Sheriff doesn't say anything-just starts wailing on him with his night stick. Sheriff asks the lawyer if he wants him to slow down or to come to a complete stop? Who's right? Perspective.

The Franchise 05-11-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6751852)
On a whole other point....7-6? In the pole vault? I think I could vault that using a baseball bat.

They're women.....give them a break. :D

Frazod 05-11-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 6751837)
Good stuff. Mitchum, Martin Sheen, Bruce Dern, Paul Sorvino. Haven't seen it in years.

Neither have I. It's available on DVD. There's also a newer version I had never heard of directed by Sorvino, starring him as the coach, with Gary Sinise, Vincent D'Onofrio and Tony Shalhoub as the players. I'd really like to see that one, too.

listopencil 05-11-2010 06:29 PM

Douchebag.

Consistent1 05-11-2010 06:29 PM

Complete ass move. I bet the irony is that the guy would be willing to cheat in any way to win as long as he didn't get caught. If he is such a good coach he would know that isn't winning. I would be prayin' the other squad showed up all lookin' like JaMarcus cuz all that bling ain't gonna do nuthin' but hurt.Unless the shit is real tight and all the light comin off it blinds the other squad.Seriously though...weak.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69 05-11-2010 06:42 PM

If its such a harsh infraction then one would think it would be well known. I would also think that if its an infraction then the meet officials would tell the person about it ahead of time. I'm wondering if coach would have called the same thing if it hadn't been to decide the meet? I think its always douchbaggery for an infraction to be called after the fact. The league thought so in the pine tar game.

Groves 05-11-2010 07:22 PM

One part of the story I'd be interested in is the what in blazes was the other coach doing? Did he not pursue the mini-sweat band argument or the itsnotmetal line of defense? You'd think there would be an instant list of ways to protest the protest and at least get a ruling postponed or something. He's got a job to bring home a W, too.

Was he out smelling cinnamon rolls or something?

You can bet he won't let that happen again.

cdcox 05-11-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6751852)

The men's high jump record is 6" higher.

I think the difference is that men tend to eat more meat (such as found in BBQ) which contributes to strong muscles, while women are eating bread, cinnamon rolls, and chocolate chip cookies.

wazu 05-11-2010 07:41 PM

Sounds like a valuable life lesson. And the girl who was disqualified will receive mini-celebrity status after all. Isn't that worth more than a stupid tournament win? She probably planned the whole fiasco.

siberian khatru 05-11-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 6752170)
The men's high jump record is 6" higher.

I think the difference is that men tend to eat more meat (such as found in BBQ) which contributes to strong muscles, while women are eating bread, cinnamon rolls, and chocolate chip cookies.

ROFL

Don't forget, they get bloated for awhile every month, too.

Iowanian 05-11-2010 09:05 PM

http://eatliver.com/img/2008/2781.jpg

WilliamTheIrish 05-11-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 6751635)
I didn't realize Billy Martin was alive and coaching track.

HAHAHAHA! That POS. August 23.

WilliamTheIrish 05-11-2010 09:26 PM

Oh. And I vote Billy Martin is still a douche. Even in death.

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 6751732)
If the rule states "jewelry", than "jewelry" should be defined. Webster's Online defines jewelry as: objects of precious metal often set with gems and worn for personal adornment.

A piece of string is not jewelry. The coach is a douche.

This. Hopefully, the losing team challenges the definition.