ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sportsfan: The Alex Smith Story (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272720)

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-02-2013 10:44 PM

The Alex Smith Story:

"pfffffffffffffffffft-squiiiiiiiiiiiiirt-faaaaaaaaaaaarrrt-plop.

End of story.
Posted via Mobile Device

mclemons67 05-02-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9653809)
I was completely ambivalent about the Niners until we ended up with that washed up QB Smith and all their fans decided to come lecture us all incessantly about it as if anybody here actually gives a shit about their franchise. But now I've learned to hate the Niners even more than the Raiders and I can't wait to see Seattle push their shit in for the next few years.

As a true 49ers fan this pains me. The Chiefs have always been my "AFC team" because, well, I hate the Raiders and the Broncos. I know that isn't a great basis for friendship but it is what it is.

49ers fans are not here trying to sell you on their backup quarterback. Those are Alex Smith fans. They've been trying to sell us on the bust for the past 8 years as well. For some bizarre reason Smith has a following that is as dogmatic and unrelenting as the Tebowners.

I'm sorry you have to deal with these cultists now but please, don't blame 49ers fans. The true fans didn't switch allegiance to the Chiefs when Alex was traded.

Dave Lane 05-03-2013 07:27 AM

Glad to know the real 49ers fans agree that Smiff is a bust. No one here wants to accept that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 08:23 AM

Ah, a voice of reason from the bay finally arrives.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 05-03-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9653463)
Yes.

As to the second part, I have no problem with Alex as a stop-gap or someone to groom a QB behind. I'd have liked Alex + Geno/Barkley/Nassib/Wilson/etc. Same applies to next year. It'd be fun if he did well here but I'm not banking on it. I think that the people anticipating 11-5 to 13-3 seasons or deep playoff runs with Alex Smith are in for a surprise.

Additionally, the compensation given up was ridiculous unless Alex turns into a long-term starter or serves as an integral teaching/mentoring component to our QBOTF.

I think anyone expecting that from a drafted QB we are trying to groom would be in for a surprise too, even if he were a 1st rounder. How many times do most teams miss before they hit on a guy that finally turns them into a legitimate deep playoff favorite?

Even if Alex Smith was a 29 year old Tom Brady, I think it's a good idea to start looking for the next big thing to groom so I agree with the approach you're advocating. It looks like this first year, they're going to go with a super high risk, high reward project in Bray (I'm super not optimistic about that, but whatever). Hopefully they'll either see progress on that front or pick up a new project next year*, unless Alex Smith really bombs in which case they may need to be more aggressive at looking for a replacement.

Messier 05-03-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9654295)
The Alex Smith Story:

"pfffffffffffffffffft-squiiiiiiiiiiiiirt-faaaaaaaaaaaarrrt-plop.

End of story.
Posted via Mobile Device

You were interesting and fun to follow before the draft. Now you seem sad.

warrior 05-03-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9653371)
Did it bother all of you Genotypes that while you were sucking him off and swallowing he was texting on his cell phone the whole time?

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9654746)
You were interesting and fun to follow before the draft. Now you seem sad.

LMAO It's a sad situation, as you'll soon see for yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 05-03-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9655186)
LMAO It's a sad situation, as you'll soon see for yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

See what I mean?

crossbow 05-03-2013 02:01 PM

So basically, Dorsey got bent over when he over paid for another 49er ass-hat QB. Does that describe what happened?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-03-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9655259)
So basically, Dorsey got bent over when he over paid for another 49er ass-hat QB. Does that describe what happened?

Bingo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Earthling 05-03-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9653379)
There really are a ton of ****s masquerading as Chiefs fans these days.

The Chiefs have never in their history had QB play as well in the playoffs as AS did in 2011. Than includes Montana, that includes Lenny. And there's really no need to mention including anyone else.

For a bunch a power-bottoms who insisted that they were tired of plodding along in the regular season when the playoffs are all that count, their gaping hunger for chocolate penis has changed their tune but quick.

:thumb:

the Talking Can 05-03-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9655259)

they shoved lexi steele up him...not his junk, the whole dude

Dave Lane 05-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclemons67 (Post 9654373)
As a true 49ers fan this pains me. The Chiefs have always been my "AFC team" because, well, I hate the Raiders and the Broncos. I know that isn't a great basis for friendship but it is what it is.

49ers fans are not here trying to sell you on their backup quarterback. Those are Alex Smith fans. They've been trying to sell us on the bust for the past 8 years as well. For some bizarre reason Smith has a following that is as dogmatic and unrelenting as the Tebowners.

I'm sorry you have to deal with these cultists now but please, don't blame 49ers fans. The true fans didn't switch allegiance to the Chiefs when Alex was traded.

So explain to me the connection. Is it because he is a Mormon or Gay or what? Just really dreamy blue eyes? I just don't understand why the **** he has these ****ing groupies given his very mediocre results.

BourbonMan 05-03-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9655446)
So explain to me the connection. Is it because he is a Mormon or Gay or what? Just really dreamy blue eyes? I just don't understand why the **** he has these ****ing groupies given his very mediocre results.

Same thing can be said about GENO...People act like he's the best thing since sliced bread.:rolleyes: