ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Frozen Pizza and Life (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285298)

Fire Me Boy! 07-28-2014 04:32 AM

For frozen, I prefer Totino's or Red Baron. I actively don't like the high end frozen pizzas. I'm in that valley where it's a reasonable facsimile of real pizza , but not real pizza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 10771230)
I live in CoMo and just don't understand the love for Shakespeare's pizza. It sucks IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10771236)
The slices at the campus location are wonderful, IMO. I spent a lot of lunches there during grad school, so a part of it is likely nostalgia, with the atmosphere playing a role. It's why I never visit the other locations.

A veggie slice, a pepperoni, and an iced tea for $5 was just about perfect.

Shakespeare's was good, but for that style I'd take G&D's every time.

Easy 6 07-28-2014 05:38 AM

Totinos rocks, best crust in the biz by far... but they made a HUGE mistake when they got rid of their crumbly pork sausage with fennel seed in it, now its just little puke nuggets that are no different than any other brands bland sausage.

And yes, CPK is the most overpriced crap in the entire pizza aisle.

HonestChieffan 07-28-2014 05:58 AM

In the end, they wait for you to die, think they know how much each will get, and if forced to will give you a hot pocket and they tell you its a cinnamon roll.

Leave nothing to the unappreciative bastards.

NewChief 07-28-2014 06:13 AM

We have 3 or 4 different pizza joints locally that sell $5 pizzas. It pains me to spend more than that on a frozen pizza that is an inferior product.

Coochie liquor 07-28-2014 06:45 AM

We haven't done frozen pizza in years. We live in Florida, so anytime someone from St Louis comes to visit us we have them bring a block or 2 of Provel cheese for us. Then we make homemade Imos. And it's so much better than any frozen pizza, and most pizza places too.

KCUnited 07-28-2014 06:55 AM

I don't have much to add other than to avoid the Aldi brand frozen pizzas. It has like a weird sweet sauce and is hands down the worst frozen pizza I've had.

BlackHelicopters 07-28-2014 08:47 AM

Totinos with added ingredients is good

gblowfish 07-28-2014 08:51 AM

[QUOTE
Shakespeare's was good, but for that style I'd take G&D's every time.[/QUOTE]

You used to eat at the Goat and Dog?

I used to go there for a cheap steak, but the radio station I worked at was sponsored by Shakes, so we'd get free pizzas sent over to us all the time.

It was faaaaaaabulous.

tooge 07-28-2014 08:52 AM

I don't think i've had a frozen pizza in over a decade. They were pretty bad last time I had one

Fire Me Boy! 07-28-2014 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10771439)
You used to eat at the Goat and Dog?

I used to go there for a cheap steak, but the radio station I worked at was sponsored by Shakes, so we'd get free pizzas sent over to us all the time.

It was faaaaaaabulous.

Heck yeah, Goat and Dog! I've been to the steakhouse a handful of times, but my go-to was their pizza joint at Stadium and Broadway.

That Chinese joint next door (House of Chow) was outstanding, too.

Dayze 07-28-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10771099)
I'd rather eat a Tony's than DiGiorno.

who's Tony?

NTTAWWT

frankotank 07-28-2014 09:06 AM

all the totinos love makes me have hope for humanity.
read the OP and when I read
"On the far left, you've got the Totinos and other stuff that's food in name only."
I was all.....ON NO YOU DIH-ENT!

love me some Totinos. I throw extra cheese and pepperonis on it......but it's still Totinos!

Pasta Little Brioni 07-28-2014 09:12 AM

Frank of...totino is midget food

Fire Me Boy! 07-28-2014 09:14 AM

The triple meat Totino's is my favorite. But at 1580 mg sodium per pizza, it's very far away from my diet plan.

frankotank 07-28-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10771475)
Frank of...totino is midget food

a midget can't even hang by the time I'm done doctoring it up! :D