ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What are some things we learned today? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302135)

New World Order 09-11-2016 07:37 PM

Without Allen the Charger offense looked like dog shit.

It shouldn't be tough.

O.city 09-11-2016 07:38 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...101246667.html

Nice write by Terez. I like that the Chiefs are seeming to not be satisfied with the comeback.

CanadianChiefs 09-11-2016 07:39 PM

This game made me finally create an avatar for this site after 3 years.

KEEP DOUBTING

BlackOp 09-11-2016 07:39 PM

I've learned that you take the first game of the season with a grain of salt.

SD had a different OC than last season and their line is healthy. River's is a great QB when he has a clean pocket. He was on his game today.

Poe, Howard and Bailey had a poor game but I've seen enough of them to know it was an anomaly. Not worried about them.

I cant wait to see JC and Ware together on the field.

KC allowed 6 points after halftime.

JoeyChuckles 09-11-2016 07:39 PM

The first game of the season is often one of the most flukey. We saw it against Tennessee two years ago. And look at some of the other games around the league too. I think we'll improve quickly.

kgrund 09-11-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12420328)
I agree with clay. SD looked better today. But without allen, will be different. Their d looks solid

Their O will be pretty good, but I do not see that D being that great.

kgrund 09-11-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 12420803)
I've learned that you take the first game of the season with a grain of salt.

SD had a different OC than last season and their line is healthy. River's is a great QB when he has a clean pocket. He was on his game today.

Poe, Howard and Bailey had a poor game but I've seen enough of them to know it was an anomaly. Not worried about them.

I cant wait to see JC and Ware together on the field.

KC allowed 6 points after halftime.

I am worried about the DL. This goes back to preseason. The DL is getting manhandled.

suzzer99 09-11-2016 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12420285)
Going from 0-5 to ripping off 11 straight last year, to setting a franchise record for comeback victory today... proves this team has NO quit in it

Thats what I learned

I feel like the Royals inspired them.

suzzer99 09-11-2016 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 12420553)
You haven't been the same since the banner flying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 12420565)
Go **** yourself.

Hows that. Is that a pre-banner or a post-banner type of response?

Hey I give pr_capone a lot of credit. Here's a thread where a bunch of (mostly ex-) poker players offer all kinds of money to fly a banner saying JOE KNEW over the Penn St. game. Did it ever happen? Of course not. Because poker players are notoriously lazy and no one had any gumption. I give tons of credit to people who actually make things happen.

pr_capone even offered to help with any advice when I reached out to him. But none took him up on it.

Discuss Thrower 09-12-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12420162)
I learned...

Ware was no fluke last year.

Yup.

Quote:

If Smith and the offense push and take risks, they're better off.

Yup.

Quote:

The receiving corps could actually be strong based on the strengths of Maclin and Kelce.

Another WR showing up as a dependable contributor would be more than optimal. The outcome of last year's divisional round game against NE will transpire more often than not if either guy gets injured and taken out of the game.

Quote:

Schwartz either isn't fully tuned in yet or he was oversold.

Ehinger was green, but I expected that.

Hard to gauge any particular guy's OL play from out seats.

Quote:

Peters can't get cocky from last year, and needs to settle in and be more of a team player.

I'll take cockiness if his play on the field backs it up.

Quote:

Gaines is going to hold his own just fine on the other side.

I'll take your word for it.
Quote:

Our linebacker corps is really weak right now. Of course, they're essentially starting three backups, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Hali isn't going to be a regular player this year unless something changes. He's going to be a situational guy.

The defensive line is good against the run for the most part, but isn't generating any rush. We need a rush from the linebackers.

All of this is true. Hats off to Dee for getting a sack in a high leverage situation but he's gotta do more as a third year former first round pick. Sutton's gotta call up shit to take pressure off the edge guys to generate the pass rush in future games as long as Houston is out (which, apparently, is at least until November.)

Zombo is who he is... and he isn't a starter. Hali isn't young enough to be out there full time. I'll take the DL not getting sodomized in the running game before I start asking for them to eat QBs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 09-12-2016 12:33 AM

I learned that this place still overreacts and has clearly learned nothing despite the win streak of last season..

suzzer99 09-12-2016 01:06 AM

It took the biggest come back in Chiefs history to overcome our start. And we threw an INT in Chargers territory down 17 with 12:45 to go. Win probability had to be < 1% at that point.

rico 09-12-2016 01:15 AM

Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

I just still can't believe it.

Hog's Gone Fishin 09-12-2016 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12420337)
-Chiefs need to stop the bullshit game management. Play every game like you expect your defense to give up 30 points. I don't know how you preach that mentality to Alex Smith after 10 years. But he has to get that into his head. Play every down like they're down by 10

-I hope we can put to bed the argument that Houston isn't worth his contract. Man do they need him. The D needs to limp on until they get him back in November.

-1 or 2 big plays doesn't change Ford's mostly invisible performance. He wasn't good. I have more confidence in him now as a depth rusher, but he has to prove much more to be a starter

-First game I've seen Peters this riled up. If they don't control that, Denver will be very interesting. We can't afford for him to get kicked out of games

-Dorsey continues to do pretty well with secondary depth. Nelson and White didn't have great games, but they were better than I expected

-Mauga is a bigger loss than I realized. Our interior run D is really leaky and March took himself out of the play a few times. More disappointing... what the **** is up with our DL? They got manhandled today

Nelson led the team in tackles with 9 including 1 TFL

Sandy Vagina 09-12-2016 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12421470)
Was today the best you guys have ever seen Alex look? It was for me. How about you 49ers fans who have followed him forever...has he ever looked elite like he did throughout this game???

I just still can't believe it.

He always had those glimpses of excellence. You'd see them more often if he gets good pass protection, and the playcalls allowed more for it. Andy seems to call so many designed plays.. and I suspect Smith, being the boyscout, sticks with most of them. Not a fan of this.

One thing that remains clear... and it really should after all those dark SF years since drafted... is that he is mentally tough.. won't quit.

Despite the myth, he doesn't lack confidence in himself. He'll stand in there and take the hits.. even take some aggressive shots downfield.. but he needs to be sold on trusting the players around him. We are starting to really see take shape.