ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This is the turning point guys (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264806)

KC_Lee 10-09-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8994757)
I think he gets an extension.

I'm not sure he'll lock up Albert.

And that will be his excuse to trade down to pick up a new LT later in the first round thereby passing up an opportunity to draft a starting QB in the 1st round.

Bank on it kids.

htismaqe 10-09-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8994865)
And that will be his excuse to trade down to pick up a new LT later in the first round thereby passing up an opportunity to draft a starting QB in the 1st round.

Bank on it kids.

Yeah, that's where I'm leaning right now too...

KC_Lee 10-09-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8994875)
Yeah, that's where I'm leaning right now too...

And we all know what Pioli will do with any extra picks we get for trading down...

bricks 10-09-2012 07:49 AM

If the Chiefs give Pioli an extension, they're nuts.

That would mean more of Matt Cassel as well. Can you imagine more Matt Cassel? That would be a never ending nightmare. I don't think Chief fans would have it. A move like this would burn the franchise to the ground and would really demonstrate how the Hunt family is neglecting their fanbase.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-09-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8994918)
If the Chiefs give Pioli an extension, they're nuts.

That would mean more of Matt Cassel as well. Can you imagine more Matt Cassel? That would be a never ending nightmare. I don't think Chief fans would have it. A move like this would burn the franchise to the ground and would really demonstrate how the Hunt family is neglecting their fanbase.

I really think this is the end of Cassel if Quinn does ANYTHING at all. Look at the game plan the coaches devised against the Ravens. You Cannot continue to play a QB you can't trust. He's Done !

cmh6476 10-09-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8994591)
I don't care if Quinn wins every remaining game - you still draft a QB.

I don't disagree with this point either. Evidence would seem to back this up as well, with what GB got for Flynn, Philly for Kolb, SD for Brees (except they may have F'd that up)...

There's nothing wrong with having too many decent QBs on your roster.

bricks 10-09-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8994927)
I really think this is the end of Cassel if Quinn does ANYTHING at all. Look at the game plan the coaches devised against the Ravens. You Cannot continue to play a QB you can't trust. He's Done !

We would all love to think that.

But what we saw last Sunday was an example of how there is more say into this thing then just the coaches. The only reason Cassel will play is because of Scott Pioli. And he overrules everybody, except Clark of course. Pioli just simply won't admit to his mistake. And as a result, he is forcing this fanbase a bad hand.

I hate to see it come down to an injury to replace a player. If that's what it takes, then I have no other choice but to accept it.

Unfortunately, it seems like that is the only solution to influence the decision making to this pathetic arrogant management. Sad.

I hope Quinn succeeds. I really do. I'm in the minority where Im thinking big time for this guy. I hope he lights it up and the team can rally around him and he can get us into the playoffs and possibly win us a playoff game. Season is far from over and we got lots of time to turn this thing around in a weak division.

Those are a lot of possibilities to be hopeful for. I'm not going to say **** it, I hope we tank the season and draft a QB. I hope Brady Quinn is the QB of the future that way we don't have to draft a QB in the first round. I hope he is the QB of the future, the ****ing man lol because that'll be the only way to convince this arrogant management to put an end to the Cassel era.

I'm happy to the point where at least having him at QB provides a change of scenery. It's almost like a breath of fresh air into your living room. My hopes for Brady Quinn and the rest of the team create a new reason or sense of purpose for watching football. With that being said, I may have something to look forward to? May my hopes come true. Amen.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-13-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 8995021)
We would all love to think that.

But what we saw last Sunday was an example of how there is more say into this thing then just the coaches. The only reason Cassel will play is because of Scott Pioli. And he overrules everybody, except Clark of course. Pioli just simply won't admit to his mistake. And as a result, he is forcing this fanbase a bad hand.

I hate to see it come down to an injury to replace a player. If that's what it takes, then I have no other choice but to accept it.

Unfortunately, it seems like that is the only solution to influence the decision making to this pathetic arrogant management. Sad.

I hope Quinn succeeds. I really do. I'm in the minority where Im thinking big time for this guy. I hope he lights it up and the team can rally around him and he can get us into the playoffs and possibly win us a playoff game. Season is far from over and we got lots of time to turn this thing around in a weak division.

Those are a lot of possibilities to be hopeful for. I'm not going to say **** it, I hope we tank the season and draft a QB. I hope Brady Quinn is the QB of the future that way we don't have to draft a QB in the first round. I hope he is the QB of the future, the ****ing man lol because that'll be the only way to convince this arrogant management to put an end to the Cassel era.

I'm happy to the point where at least having him at QB provides a change of scenery. It's almost like a breath of fresh air into your living room. My hopes for Brady Quinn and the rest of the team create a new reason or sense of purpose for watching football. With that being said, I may have something to look forward to? May my hopes come true. Amen.

Well said ! Ditto.

Coogs 10-13-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9007230)
Well said ! Ditto.

Seconded!

whoman69 10-13-2012 10:48 AM

This team has dug too deep a hole for themselves.

Discuss Thrower 10-13-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9007491)
This team has dug too deep a hole for themselves.

Dare I say "Nuke it from orbit?"

Rausch 10-13-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 8994972)

There's nothing wrong with having too many decent QBs on your roster.

Exactly.

Especially if you don't even have one at the moment...

Chris Meck 10-13-2012 12:26 PM

and we probably don't. BUT, wouldn't it be awesome if Quinn lit it up? Showed leadership? Actually MADE plays? Hit receivers in stride? Progressed through his reads and hit the right reciever?

We know Cassel ain't gonna do it. Maybe the light bulb goes on for Quinn here. Some guys it takes longer, some guys never get it.

I know I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game more than any since...well, probably the playoff game in '10.

FlaChief58 10-13-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9007715)
and we probably don't. BUT, wouldn't it be awesome if Quinn lit it up? Showed leadership? Actually MADE plays? Hit receivers in stride? Progressed through his reads and hit the right reciever?

We know Cassel ain't gonna do it. Maybe the light bulb goes on for Quinn here. Some guys it takes longer, some guys never get it.

I know I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game more than any since...well, probably the playoff game in '10.

Same here. I'm not getting my hopes up that this team will magically become great but, I'm looking forward to seeing if Quinn can do better than Casshole.

tonyetony 10-13-2012 12:41 PM

Quinns performance tomorrow will either bring the Cassel era to an end or reaffirm the fact that we need to try and draft a franchise QB in the first round. win/win