ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Paranormal Activity (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=216544)

Deberg_1990 07-27-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7776493)
BLoody Mary...really...that's what they came up with...

...I never saw part 2. Part 1 was a good scare, pretty un-nerving at times. I heard part 2 was even worse on your brain...anybody confirm that?

To me, the minute you start having sequels to these types of movies, it sorta takes away from the supposed "realism" of them. That's why I never bothered with part 2.

The 2nd one is actually pretty good. Its set about a month before the 1st movie. There is a nice continuing storyline with a few of the characters....this new trailer implies that they will be showing an incident that occured during the childhood of some of the main characters...it was briefly mentioned in the earlier movies.

rocknrolla 07-27-2011 07:33 AM

When I was a kid. We used to sat redrum. Not bloody mary.

InChiefsHeaven 07-27-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 7776558)
When I was a kid. We used to sat redrum. Not bloody mary.

Oh, when I was a kid, it was Bloody Mary. And you did it in the dark as well. It's funny, I haven't thought of Bloody Mary in a long time.

listopencil 07-27-2011 03:47 PM

Same Bloody Mary that we did as a kid?

Late at night you'd go into the bathroom and stare at the mirror. While staring at the mirror, you reach over and turn off the light so your face is the last thing you see. Has to be completely dark. Then you chant "Bloody Mary" thirteen times and turn on the light. Supposedly you will see her face in the mirror. Either replacing yours or right over your shoulder looking at you. Of course the power of suggestion makes you see something that will scare the living shit out of you as a kid, lol. Good times.

ReynardMuldrake 10-16-2011 09:00 PM

Just noticed this thread. People seriously thought the ending was scary? I thought it was one of the lamer endings I've seen, and it completely killed the tension. At the part where she gets dragged out of bed I busted out laughing, it was so ridiculous looking. They ran out of ideas at that point and I pretty much guessed everything else before it happened.

QuikSsurfer 10-17-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8000470)
Just noticed this thread. People seriously thought the ending was scary? I thought it was one of the lamer endings I've seen, and it completely killed the tension. At the part where she gets dragged out of bed I busted out laughing, it was so ridiculous looking. They ran out of ideas at that point and I pretty much guessed everything else before it happened.

Cool

Lzen 10-17-2011 02:23 PM

I thought it was kinda scary. Just watched part 2 yesterday. About the same. Worth a rental.

ThaVirus 10-17-2011 03:42 PM

The Paranormals are the type of movie I like to see in theaters, being that I don't have a surround sound system. The tension is much more effective with the bass up loud..

Deberg_1990 10-17-2011 04:25 PM

I really like these movies. I just watched both of them about 5 or 6 months ago back to back. I think i liked the 2nd one a little better. I love that they use old fashioned scares with no gore. They also seem to be developing some decent continuity in the series.

ThaVirus 10-21-2011 12:03 AM

Just saw this tonight. If you liked the other two, I'd highly recommend this one..

Spoiler!

QuikSsurfer 10-22-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8021323)
Just saw this tonight. If you liked the other two, I'd highly recommend this one..

Spoiler!

I agree with everything here. My lady friend and I saw this last night.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-22-2011 11:09 AM

I took my wife to see this last night. Not bad. A lot of the same stuff. Still a good scare I guess. I freaked out my wife in the middle of the night when I got up to go to the bathroom she asks what are you doing, I said I'm gonna get Toby something to eat he's hungry lol. Got smacked.

Rausch 10-22-2011 11:26 AM

Did I hit a time warp?

Where is this playing like 3 years later?...

lcarus 10-22-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8036280)
Did I hit a time warp?

Where is this playing like 3 years later?...

They have a 3rd one out this year. Somehow it got greenlit....

ThaVirus 10-22-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8036645)
They have a 3rd one out this year. Somehow it got greenlit....

Are you serious? Probably because it costs them less than $100,000 to film it and they make over a $100 million.. Or maybe because they're the freshest thing in the horror genre since the first two Saws. Idk.