ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pats fans can blame me (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240408)

Brock 01-16-2011 10:32 PM

Don't really care to rehash a Brady argument. I will say that the Patriots need to get their heads out of their asses vis a vis the WR position. Today is what happens when Deion Branch is your best receiver.

Rams Fan 01-16-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7362822)
well hey

and this is because I can

brady shouldn't get any credit

he was a SUPERSTAR CLUTCH QB who never put up the numbers but always won in the postseason during their spygate dynasty

now he's a SUPERSTAR REGULAR SEASON QB A LA PEYTON MANNING who keeps losing at home in the playoffs after their spygate dynasty

so uh...

???

time for us to start taking a longer look at this spygate and taking away these Super Bowls from their franchise for being such cheaters (oh wait, we can't, Goodell destroyed all of the damning evidence to protect the game's integrity)

:clap: I think there should be some thread that is started talking about Spygate and how it affected the Patriots and other teams. Did it affect any Superbowls at all(besides maybe the one vs the Rams where they reportedly taped the walk through)? How many playoff games did Spygate affect?

milkman 01-16-2011 10:34 PM

The whole "there is no such thing as clutch" is just another way to deflect blame from Manning for his playoff failures.

tk13 01-16-2011 10:35 PM

You're doing this all wrong. The right argument is the Patriots have gone downhill because they get in situations where they don't have the best defense on the field. Belichick hasn't won anything without Romeo Crennel. :D

Rams Fan 01-16-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7362831)
The whole "there is no such thing as clutch" is just another way to deflect blame from Manning for his playoff failures.

That's not why I brought it up. I brought it up because he said Vinatieri was clutch. I don't think a player can out perform his highest level of potential in a close game. I do think, however, some players play at a high level under pressure.

philfree 01-16-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7362825)
Don't really care to rehash a Brady argument. I will say that the Patriots need to get their heads out of their asses vis a vis the WR position. Today is what happens when Deion Branch is your best receiver.

No kidding.

Small ball and it reminded me alot of the Chiefs offense except it's alot better. lol

PhilFree:arrow:

Hootie 01-16-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7362831)

well Brady hasn't done anything since he knew what the other defense was running before he snapped the ball (spygate)...

so...

maybe Brady was clutch at being a good cheater?

or are you going to keep hiding from this tidbit?

philfree 01-16-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7362832)
You're doing this all wrong. The right argument is the Patriots have gone downhill because they get in situations where they don't have the best defense on the field. Belichick hasn't won anything without Romeo Crennel. :D

:clap:

Hootie 01-16-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 7362835)
No kidding.

Small ball and it reminded me alot of the Chiefs offense except it's alot better. lol

yeah it's true

they are just like the chiefs

with that game plan...they weren't built to be behind by 1+ scores

that's for sure

tk13 01-16-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7362836)
well Brady hasn't done anything since he knew what the other defense was running before he snapped the ball (spygate)...

so...

I wouldn't go that far. They were in another dimension in 2007. But there were times where he could just chuck it up to Moss, not exactly rocket science there.

Hootie 01-16-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7362846)
I wouldn't go that far. They were in another dimension in 2007. But there were times where he could just chuck it up to Moss, not exactly rocket science there.

yeah they were in the same dimension as Peyton Manning was in 2004...

they still didn't win the big one and they are still losing playoff games they have no business losing

it's time to start wondering about what was SO BAD about this spygate material that Goodell thought the best step to protect the game's integrity was to destroy it...

???

it's THAT damning

so Manning is a choker and Brady is a cheater

is that fair?

philfree 01-16-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7362848)
yeah they were in the same dimension as Peyton Manning was in 2004...

they still didn't win the big one and they are still losing playoff games they have no business losing

it's time to start wondering about what was SO BAD about this spygate material that Goodell thought the best step to protect the game's integrity was to destroy it...???

it's THAT damning

so Manning is a choker and Brady is a cheater

is that fair?

Probably just a foot fetish video they had borrowed from Rex Ryan.

tk13 01-16-2011 10:45 PM

I do think Weis and Crennel made a difference. Belichick was the mastermind, but they all are very good coaches. That was an all-star coaching staff. Now it's just Belichick and proteges. Plus they've never really found an elite pass rusher the level of a Harrison or Woodley.

Hootie 01-16-2011 10:48 PM

well they can figure something out with there 9,000 picks in the first 3 rounds next year...

****ing Patriots lol

it does feel good seeing them lose (if only I didn't have so much damn money invested)

milkman 01-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7362836)

so...

Spygate had to do with taping other team's walkthroughs, and how they planned to attack at the beginning of the game.

Teams adjusted as the game dictated, so what Brady did at the end of games had little to do with spygate.

That being said, that has nothing to do with the fact that Manning hasn't been clutch.