ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Gonzo vs. Big Retail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266898)

HoneyBadger 11-21-2012 09:47 AM

I get a kick out of shoppers. They walk slow as shit up and down every aisle like time isn't important, getting in every person's way as if they are the most important shopper. Yet when they have to check out and wait a couple minutes it's the end of the world.

Want more cashiers? Sure. You'll pay hire prices. I guess that would give you more to bitch about.

notorious 11-21-2012 09:48 AM

Are your BAR's full auto?

Easy 6 11-21-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9138806)
I feel your pain somewhat...

Last night i closed the door in a Kirby salesmans face after i had already told him no and i wasnt interested twice, he continued to try and sell me one. I figure saying No 2 times is more than enough.

No means No....something salespeople cant and refuse to understand.

LMAO you should feel sorry for those poor saps, they are cold calling door to door trying to sell $1000 vacuums.

Iowanian 11-21-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9138980)
LMAO This is why I never go to Cadella's w/ Gonzo.

Personally, I blame you for not sending them there.. in a more relaxed state of mind.

Buehler445 11-21-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9138823)
For what it's worth, these people hate asking as much as you hate being asked. They are pressured by their management and, in some cases, have a quota to hit. Most big box retail stores have a set # of credit apps that must be approved every month before management teams can receive profit sharing, bonuses, etc.

Just remember that they are just trying to do their job...as inconvenient as it may be. I worked in retail while in college and had to ask about credit cards. I'd say 70% of the people who applied were denied...which always left me feeling guilty. If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at the guy behind the desk at corporate headquarters.

Really? That's mind-bogglingly bad. I got my wife one because she had NO credit when we got married, she got one no problem.

Last I knew, there weren't any profit sharing goals to be met. There may be some individual compensation goals, but nothing real major last I knew.

The reason they push them so hard is they own the issuing bank. The World's Foremost Bank is owned by Cabela's. It makes sense to try to make money on both sides of the transaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9138907)
It's a culture thing with Cadella's, they do the same thing at the one here in town. Those guys must get some kind of spiff for signing people up. I do have one of their cards that I use for business and used the points to get a big Yeti Cooler this summer.

With that being said, I went several years without having one and they would pull the same thing. When they would ask at the door, I would just tell them "Yes I do." The problem ended with those three words. Just be glad you weren’t in there on black Friday. My guess is you would have needed a shave by the time you would have been able to escape.

I don't know if the individual greeters get any compensation for signups, but maybe they do. The real reason they are there is to make sure any firearms that come into the store are unloaded so they don't blow a hole in the roof like a Bass Pro store did several years ago. But yeah, if you take a firearm in, they're going to be the ones to ask to look in the chamber.

HonestChieffan 11-21-2012 11:05 AM

Ive got over 800 bucks in my Carboolas account. And my last time there the gal at the register was hotter than the 8th of July. Had a smile like the morning sun and hooters that went from here to there.

I think people with electric smokers that use special little wood like stuff discs just have a run of bad luck. A lot.

Gonzo 11-21-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9139023)
Are your BAR's full auto?

Heh, no. I'm a big dude but I wouldn't want to try and spray 10 quick rounds out of my .300 mag or my .338. My shoulder has enough issues.

notorious 11-21-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9139467)
Heh, no. I'm a big dude but I wouldn't want to try and spray 10 quick rounds out of my .300 mag or my .338. My shoulder has enough issues.

Oh, I thought BAR's were standard .308. My mistake.

Beef Supreme 11-21-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9138629)
"Smoking biscuits" is urban slang for what?

LOL ... checking urban dictionary. Probably something about a steaming dump and a demeaning sex act. At least it should be.

Gonzo 11-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9139640)
Oh, I thought BAR's were standard .308. My mistake.

The military versions are either .308 or 30-06. I'm not sure.
The ones I collect are purely for sport.