ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   TEICHER: C Faine, K Brown may visit as soon as today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180934)

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:40 AM

Mother****er.

http://www.bucnews.com/2008/02/29/je...for-tampa.html

Just like I said.....we want to bring him in for a ****ing visit, another team makes him an offer.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:41 AM

The OL are going......now when the draft comes up half this board is going to be crowing that we have to take OL with our first 4 picks...

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:44 AM

Jason Ferguson will likely be traded to Miami for draft picks, somewhere in the 5th-6th round area. Cowboys will save a bit of money with this trade, and he wasn't really missed all that much last season.

Once again the Dolphins know what they are doing.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:45 AM

Now THIS looks like the kind of dumbass deal we'd do.....

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-busy-man.html

Ugh.

The Franchise 02-29-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607412)
The OL are going......now when the draft comes up half this board is going to be crowing that we have to take OL with our first 4 picks...

Not I. I realize that we have WAY too many holes to fill right now. I just wish that our whole front office wasn't on vacation when it came time for FA to start. The sad thing is......everyone will be cheering when we sign a kicker. That will let the Chiefs FO know that they've won.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:47 AM

Rotoworld also reporting that we've set up a visit with Falcon OLB Demorrio Williams.....

bowener 02-29-2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4607300)
Reports: LB Vilma close to joining the Saints

Jonathan Vilma is "very very close" to becoming a New Orleans Saint, according to the Washington Post. The New Orleans Times Picayune reports the Jets and New Orleans are "close to finalizing a deal."

The Redskins "nosed around" Vilma, but never showed serious interest. The Lions also wanted him, but may be less willing to give up draft picks. Newsday guesses that the Saints will be sending a third-round pick to New York. It's not out of the question that the Jets would in turn send that pick to Carolina for Kris Jenkins. Feb. 28 - 9:12 pm et
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Only a 3rd? If you were CP/Herm, would you give that up for Vilma?? I think I would.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:48 AM

Oh great, Reeves blows and Williams is so bad the Falcons who suck don't want him back...

Zouk 02-29-2008 12:50 AM

Remember Faine already went busto with the Browns. He found a niche with a passing dome offense that did not require him to be too physical. Plus he's from the Tampa area and wanted to go home.

I hope the Chiefs continue to stay away from making slightly above average starters the highest paid players at their position. The Saints were the smart ones because they got Faine when he cost nothing. The Bucs signing seems more like the old Chiefs way of overpaying for being behind the curve. He would have been a nice signing, but not at that price.

bowener 02-29-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 4607371)
Their both former Huskers so their interchangeable.

Who is? Vilma and Rodgers? I am pretty sure Vilma is from Miami.

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4607419)
Oh great, Reeves blows and Williams is so bad the Falcons who suck don't want him back...

Yep.

Like I said, these are Carl's kind of moves.

I'm fully expecting to wake up in the morning to see that Jake Scott and Jacob Bell have already signed with any team but the Chiefs.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 4607422)
Who is? Vilma and Rodgers? I am pretty sure Vilma is from Miami.

And Rogers is from Texas...

I think he meant the kickers.

Mecca 02-29-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607423)
Yep.

I'm fully expecting to wake up in the morning to see that Jake Scott and Jacob Bell have already signed with any team but the Chiefs.

We're gonna try for the 0-16 next year...

OnTheWarpath15 02-29-2008 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk (Post 4607421)
Remember Faine already went busto with the Browns. He found a niche with a passing dome offense that did not require him to be too physical. Plus he's from the Tampa area and wanted to go home.

I hope the Chiefs continue to stay away from making slightly above average starters the highest paid players at their position. The Saints were the smart ones because they got Faine when he cost nothing. The Bucs signing seems more like the old Chiefs way of overpaying for being behind the curve. He would have been a nice signing, but not at that price.

You think Faine is an average starter?

The Franchise 02-29-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4607423)
Yep.

I'm expecting that and us to trade away Allen to some other team for a couple of shitty picks. But we'll have signed Josh Brown!