ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Fallout 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185615)

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5161014)
Reviews I've read sound similar to Oblivion time-wise, that if you only do the main quest it's about 15-20 hours, but there's hundreds of hours worth of wandering-around and side-questing to do.

Speaking of Oblivion, most of the reviews are saying F3 is a better game, more focused, better story, etc, etc, so people worried about it being Oblivion with guns can probably stop worrying.

I've been stoked about this game since it was described. I've never been much of an RPG fan, but Oblivion was friggin' awesome. Haven't found a game yet that is as engaging.

Been anxiously awaiting Bethesda's next big game. Looks cool as hell. It's sitting in my truck now, waiting for me to get off work.

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5161088)
Do I keep playing Fable 2? Do I run out to a store and buy Fallout 3? Do I buy Fable 2 for $45 from Gamefly and wait a few days for Fallout 3? Do I buy Fallout 3 for the PC on Steam RIGHT THIS MOMENT?

I. Don't. Know.

I still haven't finished the last two missions of Saints Row. This fall is more brutal than last.

Start Fable 2. Buy as many buildings as you can. Then play Fallout 3.

In Fable 2, you still collect money, even when you're not playing the game. I'm currenlty earning just under $10K every five minutes.

Basileus777 10-28-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5161088)
Do I keep playing Fable 2? Do I run out to a store and buy Fallout 3? Do I buy Fable 2 for $45 from Gamefly and wait a few days for Fallout 3? Do I buy Fallout 3 for the PC on Steam RIGHT THIS MOMENT?

I. Don't. Know.

I still haven't finished the last two missions of Saints Row. This fall is more brutal than last.

Finish Fable 2 first. Its a much shorter game.

Basileus777 10-28-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5161094)
Start Fable 2. Buy as many buildings as you can. Then play Fallout 3.

In Fable 2, you still collect money, even when you're not playing the game. I'm currenlty earning just under $10K every five minutes.

You don't earn money at the same rate when you aren't playing, so this method isn't as effective as you would think/ But really, money is easy enough to earn and Fable, and if you invest your money in property you should easily be able to afford anything except maybe the castle.

Ultra Peanut 10-28-2008 01:49 PM

Okay, **** it. Steam it is.

I'ma go reunite with my family (and buy more property) in Fable 2 now while it downloads, and then by the time I get home tonight Fallout 3 will hopefully be ready.

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5161374)
You don't earn money at the same rate when you aren't playing, so this method isn't as effective as you would think/ But really, money is easy enough to earn and Fable, and if you invest your money in property you should easily be able to afford anything except maybe the castle.

Yeah, I know it doesn't earn at the same rate. I'm not really far yet - waiting to go to the Spire.

But I bought Fable 2 more for the wife. Fallout 3 is mine, and I've been waiting for it.

Frazod 10-28-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5161439)
Yeah, I know it doesn't earn at the same rate. I'm not really far yet - waiting to go to the Spire.

But I bought Fable 2 more for the wife. Fallout 3 is mine, and I've been waiting for it.

Your wife is a game geek? That's great. :D

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5161490)
Your wife is a game geek? That's great. :D

A bigger game geek than I.

She's just into more "girl" games - she can play The SIMS 2 for hours on end, but she's probably a bigger nut than I am with Oblivion.

She still hasn't finished the game, because she recreates her character after level 10 or so. She's still trying for the perfect character before she plays the main quest.

Frazod 10-28-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5161492)
A bigger game geek than I.

She's just into more "girl" games - she can play The SIMS 2 for hours on end, but she's probably a bigger nut than I am with Oblivion.

She still hasn't finished the game, because she recreates her character after level 10 or so. She's still trying for the perfect character before she plays the main quest.

Ah, a "perfect character" questor. I understand completely. :D

keg in kc 10-28-2008 02:26 PM

The first half hour of Fallout 3 is awesome. Best character creation/tutorial I think I've ever seen

QuikSsurfer 10-28-2008 03:48 PM

Bought it this morning at target and have been playing for the past 4 hours...

This game is fantastic. Like keg says, the character creation early on is very well implemented. I've decided to not jump straight into the main story but instead pick and chose some sidequests to earn caps and experience.

I haven't really determined what kind of character I'm going to play as throughout.. I've been a dick to some people (Butch) and helpful to others; mixed karma.

edit: My Tenpenny Tower suite is pretty righteous.

kcxiv 10-28-2008 06:19 PM

Just got the game and LBP. Playing a little F3 first before the Lakers game.

Traded Madden 09 in, got 28 bucks store credit. **** that POS game.

Frazod 10-28-2008 06:21 PM

For the people already playing Fallout 3 - are you using a PC or a console? Any thoughts as to which would be better?

kcxiv 10-28-2008 06:28 PM

I am on the 360.

Basileus777 10-28-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5162157)
For the people already playing Fallout 3 - are you using a PC or a console? Any thoughts as to which would be better?

I've only played it on 360, but from the reviews I've read and the screenshots I've seen, the PC version is superior. If your computer can run it on decent settings, the PC version will look better and run at a better framerate. Plus there is the option for mods in the future.

I'd be playing it on a PC if my Laptop could handle it.