ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Any lawyers here? Need advice on complicated custody dispute (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274992)

MTG#10 08-01-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9851761)
do you have this custody in writing, law wise, or is it just something you worked out?

your lawyer should be telling you to file for primary custody right the **** now, then she is ****ed do this before it goes anywhere near a judge

**** her early, HARD, and nasty, preempt this shit NOW

Its in our divorce papers. My lawyer advised me to just sit back and wait for her to file a relocation amendment and then we would respond.

Tombstone - I dont talk bad about her to my kids, but her and I no longer get along either after I found this out so there will be no "working it out". She's leaving and is going to try to take the kids, and I'm going to try to stop her. I tried to rationalize with her when she first told me her plan, but she's stuck on trying to do this. There's nothing that can be done except letting a judge decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe (Post 9851779)
based on what you've told us, my impression is that you will be successful in preventing the kids move out of state...

go with what your lawyer is telling you and don't worry so much, everything will turn out fine...

My lawyer did tell me this would be a bit more tricky if she were trying to move them to Ft Leonard Wood here in MO, but since she's trying to move them out of state no judge in his/her right mind would be ok with that. I hope you and him are right.

cosmo20002 08-01-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9851572)
Now, I have heard of women taking the kids with them regardless of judgement. And they won't go chasing after her, nor would the other state.

Kidnapping seems like something they would go after.

Discuss Thrower 08-01-2013 07:16 PM

All of MTG's travails have proven to me that marriage is one of the dumbest things a man can do in today's era.

digger 08-01-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9851572)
Now, I have heard of women taking the kids with them regardless of judgement. And they won't go chasing after her, nor would the other state.

100% Wrong!!!

Brock 08-01-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9851875)
100% Wrong!!!

No, it isn't 100% wrong that I have heard stories of that happening.

AustinChief 08-01-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9851886)
No, it isn't 100% wrong that I have heard stories of that happening.

Maybe back in 1972 but custody enforcement has come a long way and unless she wants to go off the grid this shit wouldn't fly at all.

ThaVirus 08-01-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9851774)
Right. Its always better for those decisions to be made by others. Liberals always know whats best.

**** me what an asswipe you are.

He's actually right though.

Children have very little life experience and even less foresight.

digger 08-01-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9851892)
Maybe back in 1972 but custody enforcement has come a long way and unless she wants to go off the grid this shit wouldn't fly at all.

This. Times have changed in the last 40 years.

Chazno 08-01-2013 08:17 PM

My wife is a Family Law attorney, licensed in MO and KS. If it doesn't break any rules (since you are already represented), I'm sure she'd answer some questions over the phone. PMing you contact info. Shes currently at a family law conference in Lake Ozark so she probably wouldn't get back to you until Monday.

Heck if you want 200+ lawyers opinions just drive up there :)

Brock 08-01-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9851774)
Right. Its always better for those decisions to be made by others. Liberals always know whats best.

**** me what an asswipe you are.

Dumb ****, I'm not a liberal, I am simply someone who realizes sometimes kids will just choose the most permissive parent. But you being the stupid, shit-eating country dumb**** you are, probably think it's great for kids to stay up all night playing video games and neglecting school work. You idiotic hick.

Brock 08-01-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 9851932)
This. Times have changed in the last 40 years.

The web is full of these stories, and not from 1972. I make no claims about their being true, but I'm sure a legal expert such as yourself can straighten me out.

digger 08-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9852005)
The web is full of these stories, and not from 1972. I make no claims about their being true, but I'm sure a legal expert such as yourself can straighten me out.

http://tlcwebdesign.hypermart.net/itmustbe.htm

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bufTna0WArc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Brock 08-01-2013 08:53 PM

I think I already alluded to that, but thanks.

Mojo Jojo 08-01-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9852000)
Dumb ****, I'm not a liberal, I am simply someone who realizes sometimes kids will just choose the most permissive parent. But you being the stupid, shit-eating country dumb**** you are, probably think it's great for kids to stay up all night playing video games and neglecting school work. You idiotic hick.

I think what you a failing to understand. The child just doesn't say what he/she wants to do. The judge will ask many questions some of them may have been written by a child psychiatrist. Sometimes a child psychiatrist will sit in and observe. It is much more than I want to live with mom or dad.

Brock 08-01-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 9852139)
I think what you a failing to understand. The child just doesn't say what he/she wants to do. The judge will ask many questions some of them may have been written by a child psychiatrist. Sometimes a child psychiatrist will sit in and observe. It is much more than I want to live with mom or dad.

It is entirely up to the judge's discretion. That's a fact.