ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Brewers Ryan Braun suspended for the rest of the season (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274711)

The Rick 07-22-2013 08:44 PM

Shit. :harumph:

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-22-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9828250)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m
Word out of the Brewers clubhouse almost universal: They were glad Ryan Braun got suspended. He straight-up lied to teammates. They're mad.

Laz told me the union fought such penalties tooth and nail.

Lesson to you young ones: Laz is an idiot.

BigCatDaddy 07-22-2013 09:04 PM

Steroids don't help/ Garcia Bronco

Chiefshrink 07-22-2013 09:13 PM

Rapheal Palemeroesque I see. His arrogance serves him right. Yer outta here !!!

Eleazar 07-22-2013 09:23 PM

You always hear people say that no matter what they currently test for in sports, there's always going to be someone who is a step ahead and can beat it.

Well, these cases sort of put the lie to that. True, someone is getting away with it all the time, but eventually it catches up with them. For most of these guys like Bonds and McGwire and Sosa and Clemens, even the modern cheaters like Braun, they don't get caught right away but they have eventually.

I think that is the real deterrent. Not that "I might get popped on a test next week", but that eventually it's going to come out because I won't be able to stay ahead of the testing program, and legal tieups outside of the game that ensnare me, etc. etc.

Saul Good 07-22-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 9828352)
You always hear people say that no matter what they currently test for in sports, there's always going to be someone who is a step ahead and can beat it.

Well, these cases sort of put the lie to that. True, someone is getting away with it all the time, but eventually it catches up with them. For most of these guys like Bonds and McGwire and Sosa and Clemens, even the modern cheaters like Braun, they don't get caught right away but they have eventually.

I think that is the real deterrent. Not that "I might get popped on a test next week", but that eventually it's going to come out because I won't be able to stay ahead of the testing program, and legal tieups outside of the game that ensnare me, etc. etc.

That's why they should save the samples for years and keep re-testing them as new detection systems come out.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2013 09:47 PM

Great News I can't stand that ****. I would love it if they kicked Braun out of the game for good or if he just go the snub like teams did Bonds.

NJChiefsFan 07-22-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828357)
That's why they should save the samples for years and keep re-testing them as new detection systems come out.

I like that.

Tribal Warfare 07-23-2013 02:30 AM

Link

Aaron Rodgers Bet $8.5 Million Salary That Ryan Braun Didn’t Use Performance-Enhancing Drugs

Mav 07-23-2013 05:32 AM

Yeah. He also bet Boyz II Men that if they lost week one last year to the 49ers that he would wear an Alex Smith Jersey. Welched on that bet. His word aint worth shit.

BlackHelicopters 07-23-2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9828357)

Don't the Olympics do this in some form or fashion?

Eleazar 07-23-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9828677)
Don't the Olympics do this in some form or fashion?

Cycling I think. Baseball definitely should.

blaise 07-23-2013 06:25 AM

I bet the Rangers are scared shitless that Nelson Cruz's suspension is coming.