ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Wichita State Shockers a virtual lock for the title game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271446)

Mr. Flopnuts 03-25-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9528841)
And that's why it wasn't in quotes. You think it's too much to infer that Tebow thought the team would really like to hear from him?

I guess you can choose to look at it that way if you want. I just figured the guy was a sports fan and like everyone else on Earth, roots for the underdog. He was there, they were there, he wanted to give them some encouragement and a blessing. Big. Deal.

threebag 03-25-2013 04:27 PM

It's a good message no matter who delivers it.

KChiefer 03-25-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528937)
Give me a break.

That all you got?

I'll take that as +2 me.

blaise 03-25-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9528985)
That all you got?

I'll take that as +2 me.

You wanted a lengthy reply to your, "If it was me.." garbage relating to a situation you know very little about and weren't anywhere near? It's lame.

You don't know how the dynamics of it played out. You're just whining about Tebow on a message board. I don't see why you expect much discussion about that when it's obvious.

KChiefer 03-25-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9528990)
You wanted a lengthy reply to your, "If it was me.." garbage relating to a situation you know very little about and weren't anywhere near? It's lame.

You don't know how the dynamics of it played out. You're just whining about Tebow on a message board. I don't see why you expect much discussion about that when it's obvious.

You've had plenty to say in here until I brought up two valid points, then...nothing but the insightful "get real." Why even bother replying to me in that post. I wasn't even quoting you. Maybe you like whining while accusing others of whining.

blaise 03-25-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9529002)
You've had plenty to say in here until I brought up two valid points, then...nothing but the insightful "get real." Why even bother replying to me in that post. I wasn't even quoting you. Maybe you like whining while accusing others of whining.

The valid point was you claiming what you would have done if you were in a situation you know almost nothing about?

Um, ok.

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Preach on brother Tim!

Lzen 03-26-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9528741)
He's a humble guy. I like Tebow now that he's not a Donko anymore. It's unreal to me how much shit he takes all while everyone complains about the shitty athletes out there doing all the wrong things.

It's simple, really. Some people hate on him because he's a man of faith and isn't afraid to show it. :shake:

Deberg_1990 03-26-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9530034)
It's simple, really. Some people hate on him because he's a man of faith and isn't afraid to show it. :shake:

Sure, thats alot of it.....but just this specific incident to me reeks of a "photo op" or "Just listen to me guys, im pretty important"

very narcissistic

HemiEd 03-26-2013 09:05 AM

This is almost as sweet as 1981 when KU, K-State and the Shockers were all in the sweet 16. Then the "battle in New Orleans" where the Shockers prevailed over the Jayhawks.

Brock 03-26-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9530034)

You must be joking. Making a show of praying on the sidelines at a critical juncture in a game isn't "not being afraid to show it". It's putting on a show, period.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

WhiteWhale 03-26-2013 09:14 AM

Oh my god.

Who the hell cares?

boogblaster 03-26-2013 10:24 AM

guess it was ok .....

Pasta Little Brioni 03-26-2013 11:46 AM

I've got respect for this team now. Just heard their coach talk about winning despite not having a team full of All Americans. Seemed like a shot at "Big Brother" to me. Awesome.

Cannibal 03-26-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9530132)
You must be joking. Making a show of praying on the sidelines at a critical juncture in a game isn't "not being afraid to show it". It's putting on a show, period.

Agreed. Clay pulled a gif of Tebow where he went into his prayer stance and after a few seconds interrupted his prayer so he could turn around and check to see if the cameras were on him. He was busted for putting on a show.