ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Britney goes electro. And it's amazing... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276905)

Ceej 10-01-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10039678)
Can that really even be considered her voice? At some point, it becomes more machine than (wo)man.

Know what I mean, not what I type. Gosh dangit!!

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10039691)
I don't doubt that. There's a demonstrable difference between songs like "Sometimes" and "Toxic", though. The first sounds like a natural singing voice, which is by no means great, but ok-ish, whereas the latter is just "run it through the box."

There are several different methods for tuning, which would be far too boring to explain.

When you have a spare minute, search Melodyne on YouTube. It's absolutely ridiculous what you can do with this software and it's saved my ass a few times, not with vocals, but with tuning bass guitar in a jam (serious deadline).

Ace Gunner 10-01-2013 10:04 PM

I don't mind the autotune processing actually, even when it's used more or less as an effect. this song is written too complex for the genre and there isn't a part that grooves, really. it's old fashioned folk chord structure translated by synths, imo which is worse than all the hipster music out these days.

also of note, this song has no space. the genre requires some space, imo.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-01-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039701)
There are several different methods for tuning, which would be far too boring to explain.

When you have a spare minute, search Melodyne on YouTube. It's absolutely ridiculous what you can do with this software and it's saved my ass a few times, not with vocals, but with tuning bass guitar in a jam (serious deadline).

I had my students listen to a brief, but very interesting podcast by Time a few years back called "The Deceptive Use of Autotune." Talks about the history and methods of use, which I'm sure you are well aware of. It's excellent for spurring a debate about the nature of authorship/creation and an artistic work.

Simply Red 10-01-2013 10:06 PM

Lords of Acid bitin' ass ninja!

alpha_omega 10-01-2013 10:09 PM

Looking good....sounding bad.

Baby Lee 10-01-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10039677)
well good because if you're a kc fan you're not very bright and that probably rubs off on your poor students.

He's no Chiefs fan. He's a Greenbacker and loving liberal, . . . ie, a decade ago. ;)

Bambi 10-01-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10039718)
Lords of Acid bitin' ass ninja!

Darling come here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HzCMU7C7m9A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 10-01-2013 10:26 PM

****ing horrible.

tk13 10-01-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10039621)
I don't see how people can't see the appeal of "Royals." The first time I heard it, I said, "Oh. This is going to replace 'Blurred Lines' as the hot song." Jesus. I really don't see how you can't see the appeal of that song. It's catchy as hell and has a cool vibe.

I just don't think it's nearly as catchy as Blurred Lines. I can't explain it. I wish I liked it more...I feel like it needed to go somewhere else than just a girl singing to a beat for 3 and a half minutes. That's basically what it sounds like. I like how she sings it though. It's not a bad song.

Then again, I can't listen to Blurred Lines without thinking of "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye. So at least it doesn't do that.

Reaper16 10-01-2013 11:17 PM

RT @casimerkowalski 30 Sep
Lorde is just Taylor Swift for attractive people who INSIST they are ugly.

Bambi 10-01-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10039835)
RT @casimerkowalski 30 Sep
Lorde is just Taylor Swift for attractive people who INSIST they are ugly.

For serious. Lorde is gonna be sippin in that goose and profilin' in that maybach soon if she isn't already.

Plus I hear she's like 4 years older than she claims to be. It's the kitty pryde syndrome. People are so fascinated when these girls do all this at "16"...

Iconic 10-02-2013 12:10 AM

lel this is 2013 old men get with the program

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GxgqpCdOKak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Phobia 10-02-2013 12:12 AM

I didn't hate it. She looks as good now as she ever has. I realize much of that is electronically produced for my viewing pleasure but it was better than 100% of the crap on MTV today.

rtmike 10-02-2013 02:37 AM

Spears' tune was more tolerable than the Lordes video and speaking of this one...GOOD GRAVY, this Lordes chick, WOW!!! Head & shoulders more attractive than Spears imo.