ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Police report sheds light on Belchers death spiral (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267788)

SAUTO 12-18-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9220571)
Point is, he didn't drive away. Didn't do anything that would get him in trouble for drunk driving. The cops said they didn't smell anything on him. You can say they are lying, but even if he had been drunk as hell, they don't have anything on him. He was asleep in the car and not driving. Then he went into the apartments. What should they have done?

well the fact of the matter is IF he was drunk, in a car, with keys he is legally DUI.

and what do you guys EXPECT the police to say?

watch the video, listen to their comments, then read what the neighbors say and i think any reasonable person can assume he was drunk.

BullJunkandIron 12-18-2012 09:15 AM

You don't have to even be in the car. You can be sitting on the hood drinking and get a DUI. You don't even have to have the keys to get a DUI. You think cops care about in the car, driving, keys or any other specifics when making thier quota?

Predarat 12-18-2012 09:15 AM

Stupid POS should have just killed himself, not the mother.

BullJunkandIron 12-18-2012 09:17 AM

He was worried about 2.6% of his income going for child support. 97.4% of 1.9 million doesn't go very far now days.

Dayze 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

I watched an interesting documentary last night called "Head Games" about sports and concussions....it was very interesting.

InChiefsHeaven 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9220585)
well the fact of the matter is IF he was drunk, in a car, with keys he is legally DUI.

and what do you guys EXPECT the police to say?

watch the video, listen to their comments, then read what the neighbors say and i think any reasonable person can assume he was drunk.

Ah. Did not know that.

WhiteWhale 12-18-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 9220610)
He was worried about 2.6% of his income going for child support. 97.4% of 1.9 million doesn't go very far now days.

Where did you get 2.6%?

Isn't the average child support payment for 1 kid closer to 20%?

I don't have kids, but I know my friends who pay support give out a shit load more than two and a half percent.

KCUnited 12-18-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 9220602)
You don't have to even be in the car. You can be sitting on the hood drinking and get a DUI. You don't even have to have the keys to get a DUI. You think cops care about in the car, driving, keys or any other specifics when making thier quota?

There were 2 double shootings here last weekend, one in which a child suffered life threatening injuries. I'm not saying it's right, but 0 ****s are given by the KCPD about a guy sleeping in his car.

jd1020 12-18-2012 09:27 AM

Belcher who?

jspchief 12-18-2012 09:32 AM

If that were any regular Joe, he would have been arrested for DUI, or at the very least been given a field sobriety test. There's no doubt in my mind that the cops let him go because he was an NFL player.

Does that make them responsible for what happened later? Maybe a little. It certainly makes them negligent in the performance of their duties.

Did they let him drive away? Or were they present when he knocked on his gf's door then entered the other apartment? We don't really know that Belcher didn't party it up with the neighbors before going to bed.

jspchief 12-18-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9220648)
There were 2 double shootings here last weekend, one in which a child suffered life threatening injuries. I'm not saying it's right, but 0 ****s are given by the KCPD about a guy sleeping in his car.

So the KCPD doesn't issue DUIs?

Marcellus 12-18-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 9220610)

Sometimes its best not to post when you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Hoover 12-18-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9220492)
Why?

He was assumedly holding the gun with his right and it's unlikely he's a practicing Catholic and probably ignorant to what that actually means.

Because it's a prayer and it's supposed to be done with the right hand.

Saul Good 12-18-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9220659)
If that were any regular Joe, he would have been arrested for DUI, or at the very least been given a field sobriety test. There's no doubt in my mind that the cops let him go because he was an NFL player.

Does that make them responsible for what happened later? Maybe a little. It certainly makes them negligent in the performance of their duties.

Did they let him drive away? Or were they present when he knocked on his gf's door then entered the other apartment? We don't really know that Belcher didn't party it up with the neighbors before going to bed.

So you really think that police should be handing out DUIs to people who aren't driving? That's your personal opinion?

KCUnited 12-18-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9220662)
So the KCPD doesn't issue DUIs?

Of course they do. But even if they thought Belcher was too intoxicated to drive, he took refuge at the scene with his friend's neighbor to sleep it off (I understand according to their statement above that they didn't think he was intoxicated). I understand that might get you rung up for DUI in the burbs, but that was likely enough for KCPD to move on to something else.