ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Howard ready to be a Laker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261582)

BIG_DADDY 07-19-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8754162)
Didn't really want Howard before but after getting Nash, I'm hoping we can get him. Howard would benefit from Nash much more than Bynum would IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nash would benefit from Howard as well.

ChiefsCountry 07-19-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8754170)
You have two things wrong in a short sentence...

I am far from clueless

And the fact that I used to spend big bucks at basketball games and now I spend ZERO means they lost a great fan with a nice revenue stream. Other friends are doing the same

You should never be in charge of marketing for any professional sports firm because you suck at it....

NBA is stronger than it has ever been. TV ratings are back to Jordan levels, there is talent all throughout the league. All because you are stuck in the 80s doesn't mean the NBA is.

Titty Meat 07-19-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8754185)
NBA is stronger than it has ever been. TV ratings are back to Jordan levels, there is talent all throughout the league. All because you are stuck in the 80s doesn't mean the NBA is.

I don't know if i'd say stronger than it's ever been. Last years playoffs were lame as ****.

The Bad Guy 07-19-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8754228)
I don't know if i'd say stronger than it's ever been. Last years playoffs were lame as ****.

Completely disagree.

kcxiv 07-19-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 8754127)
NBA is turning into what baseball was a few years ago: 4 to 6 teams with all the best players and each year in the playoffs and nobody else in contention. Now baseball tweaked things and it's getting back to being competitive for many teams like football and growing attendance.

Basketball is going the wrong way- a few elite teams with all the stars and the rest of the league sucks! That's why attendance and revenues are down. No more Bird vs Magic, Jabbar vs Russell, Big E vs Willis Reed, Jerry West vs Oscar Robertson, DR J, Darryl Dawkins, Walt Frazier

Basketball is on a huge incline right now. Ratings are going up and up for them.

Other teams CAN compete. They have to have a good front office and you can. Check out the Spurs they have been in the mix for 10 plus years and who the hell wants to live in San Antonio over the other big cities? Its all about being smart. OKC another small market thats, well drafted right and its working and their players are signing long term deals.

Basketball has been the best it has been the last 3-4 years then it ever did imo since the 80's.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-19-2012 08:32 PM

The NBA is definately back on the rise. The playoffs were damn entertaining.

okcchief 07-19-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8754038)
I think the GM has ****ed Orlando now too. Past and present.

Hennigan has a chance to acquire Bynum and doesn't want him.

I can't disagree. I'd definitely take Bynum over a number of mediocre draft picks even though Bynum has issues.

okcchief 07-19-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8754228)

It's pretty obvious you didn't watch the playoffs.

Titty Meat 07-19-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8754293)
It's pretty obvious you didn't watch the playoffs.

You keep saying but it's obvious I did your Thudner got Sanduskied.

Last years playoffs come nowhere near the dogfights between the Knicks/Pacers, Knicks/Heat, Bulls/Heat, Bulls/Pistons, etc.

BIG_DADDY 07-19-2012 08:49 PM

The only thing wrong with the playoffs was watching my Lakers lose and LeQueef end up with a ring.

okcchief 07-19-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8754306)
You keep saying but it's obvious I did your Thudner got Sanduskied.

Last years playoffs come nowhere near the dogfights between the Knicks/Pacers, Knicks/Heat, Bulls/Heat, Bulls/Pistons, etc.

Bulls/Heat?

God damn your a dumb ****.

You also know the playoffs start before the Finals, right?

Your Durant soft comments referenced only the Finals and college games he played 6 years ago.

I hope Durant turns into a pile of mush.

Please stop commenting on the NBA.

Titty Meat 07-19-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8754318)
Bulls/Heat?

God damn your a dumb ****.

Yeah that wasn't a typo or anything.

You really should relax do you take everything so seriously?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-19-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8754005)
If the Lakers get Howard they are the new favorites.

I like this deal for Cleveland too. Don't like it for Orlando at all.

Honestly, with the position he has put them in I'd get more satisfaction letting him rot. Cleveland would be a playoff team easily IMO with Bynum, so those picks become not great anyway.

Dwight Howard really has ****ed Orlando. It would be hard to come off as a bigger douche than this.

Orlando really needs to work it out with Houston instead of the Cavs

okcchief 07-19-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8754325)
Yeah that wasn't a typo or anything.

You really should relax do you take everything so seriously?

Believe me, I don't take anything you say seriously. That doesn't mean I can't call you out for being a dumb ****.

Please stop commenting on shit you don't watch.

jd1020 07-19-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla (Post 8754329)
Orlando really needs to work it out with Houston instead of the Cavs

I would think anything would be better than that proposed trade with Cleveland.

I'd be trying to get the Bulls involved for Noah.

I get the whole trying to dump salary and shit but if you want to just give players away then you do it with Hedo, not the best center in the game. You need to at least get something in return for him that you can build a foundation with.