ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who thinks Marty will choke this game away? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105758)

shaneo69 12-06-2004 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
If by 'old form' you mean winning the division. . . Still don't see what's funny about that from the perspective a Chiefs fan.

What's funny is that all those Chargers fans who were here last week are getting their hopes up right now, just like we used to, but this time, it will be other teams' fans who get their hopes dashed instead of us.

With the way they were folding at the end of the game yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Denver still catches them. Their secondary is worse than ours; if Denver had receivers who could catch the ball, the game wouldn't have even been close.

Mile High Mania 12-06-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
What's funny is that all those Chargers fans who were here last week are getting their hopes up right now, just like we used to, but this time, it will be other teams' fans who get their hopes dashed instead of us.

With the way they were folding at the end of the game yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if Denver still catches them. Their secondary is worse than ours; if Denver had receivers who could catch the ball, the game wouldn't have even been close.

The TEs totally sucked yesterday for Denver and for whatever reasons, Rod Smith didn't have his first catch until late in the 3rd. Once he got involved, they scored and started moving the ball well on the Chargers. All is not lost, but this team is a bit away from being "well rounded" enough to truly be a threat in the playoffs. And, that may be lost at this point.... it all depends on how they finish and what the other wildcard teams do.

Predarat 12-06-2004 04:31 PM

I know this is a known saying but it rings true in this situation. Is not a question of if Marty will choke but when. All the Chiefs fans know this. It was like when Elvis went to the Ratbirds and the Chiefs fans were laughing out asses off at the ratbirds fans who thought they would win the SB again for sure. Elvis was going to be their savior. But we all knew better. I wonder how many ratbird fans wish they had kept Dilfer? Perhaps Marty coming face to face with the end of his caoching carrer has changed him. But after all this is Missouri and ill believe it when i see it. Show me, Marty!

ChiefsOne 12-06-2004 04:55 PM

I am kinda hoping the Chargers win it all since KC isn't anywhere close.

Marty can't screw this up, if he stays with Brees and the play calling.

tk13 12-06-2004 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne

Eh, I think the Colts can hang 40 on them... I like Marty and all but I'm not sure they can beat the big 3 in the AFC, especially on the road.

ChiefsOne 12-06-2004 05:09 PM

Meaning "Marty can't screw it up". Now his players might get out played, but won't be Marty's fault.

Brock 12-06-2004 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsOne

Are you kidding? Brees vs. Manning, Brees vs. Brady, I know which QB I'm betting on, and it ain't Brees.

Mile High Mania 12-06-2004 06:21 PM

ChiefsOne ... it's not about Brees, it's all about LT. And, yeah... Marty can screw this up. Go back to the Cleveland days, then KC ... the guy has bad playoff mojo. Similar to Levy and Reeves.

Calcountry 12-07-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

We couldn't beat the Broncos *

(* Violated the salary cap during their championship seasons) with Plummer throwing INTs left handed. I don't get where we, as fans of one of the worst teams in the entire league, get the huevos to look down on a former coach who just punked us in our own house and went on to secure the division.

Because he is punkable. One game is not the playoffs.

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
Because he is punkable. One game is not the playoffs.

Do you see nothing embarassing about pointing like Nelson Munts and saying "Ha ha!! You're better than us, but I think you might suck in the near future, on a stage we're to shitty to even reach, too?"

KCTitus 12-07-2004 02:41 PM

Quote:

Do you see nothing embarassing about pointing like Nelson Munts and saying "Ha ha!! You're better than us, but I think you might suck in the near future, on a stage we're to shitty to even reach, too?"

I cant speak for anyone else, but that's not what Im saying.

Ive watch Marty fall asleep at the wheel and end up crashing and burning not once but twice in playoff games and I saw him getting drowsy and nodding off in the second half of that game against Denver.

It's pointing out he was reverting to old habits, nothing more...

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
I cant speak for anyone else, but that's not what Im saying.

Ive watch Marty fall asleep at the wheel and end up crashing and burning not once but twice in playoff games and I saw him getting drowsy and nodding off in the second half of that game against Denver.

It's pointing out he was reverting to old habits, nothing more...

I know the last four years may have pushed the possibility from your mind, but there are NFL teams out there with defensive units capable to bearing down and changing the momentum of the game.
If he'd squeeked by the 49ers at home, you'd have a point, but he was facing Shannarat's broncos facing playoff elimination, and the possible end of an era.

KCTitus 12-07-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

I know the last four years may have pushed the possibility from your mind, but there are NFL teams out there with defensive units capable to bearing down and changing the momentum of the game.
If he'd squeeked by the 49ers at home, you'd have a point, but he was facing Shannarat's broncos facing playoff elimination, and the possible end of an era.

Who's defense are we talking about?

Baby Lee 12-07-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Who's defense are we talking about?

The Broncos. They were doing their job to keep the team in it. Plummer fell on his but in ways Elvis could never dream, but that's not the D's fault.