ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The rising Kawika Mitchell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107202)

Chief Faithful 12-27-2004 10:02 AM

IMO, Mitchel has greatly improved from clearly the worst starting MLB in the NFL to maybe not the worst. For a guy who has great speed and has always played MLB I am amazed at how slow he is to react to a play.

Still, the improvement the last two weeks has been encouraging. Against Denver he made some plays that showed why DV has faith in Mitchel's ability. The game this last week against the Raiders is his best game to date. I was especially impressed by his play in the passing game.

Personally, while encouraged by the last two games I do not think Mitchel is the answer at MLB. Maybe Gun will prove me wrong to my great pleasure by developing KM into a force in the middle (not likely). My hope is Maz comes back healthy or a big free agent with speed like Barnett or Peterson can be landed.

CB needs to be the priority in the draft.

htismaqe 12-27-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus
Mitchell has been one of the weekest links in our D this year. When Beisel got hurt and Mitchell came in to play the middle, things really went south.

You gotta be ****ing kidding me!

Did you completely miss the first part of the season? You know, the games where we gave up 156 yards to Quentin Griffin and 174 yards to Deshaun Foster?

ChiTown 12-27-2004 10:19 AM

What Mitchell has been doing better is relaxing and using his insticts vs overplaying the crap out of every down. He looks like he finally gets what he's supposed to be doing. Let's just hop he can carry that over into 2005-06.

htismaqe 12-27-2004 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
What Mitchell has been doing better is relaxing and using his insticts vs overplaying the crap out of every down. He looks like he finally gets what he's supposed to be doing. Let's just hop he can carry that over into 2005-06.

He's finally expunged all of the crap Robinson put in his head...

htismaqe 12-27-2004 10:23 AM

Better yet, here's one that was used frequently to defend Mike Mazlowski...

Record with Beisel as starting MLB: 1-3

Record with Mitchell as starting MLB: 6-5

bricks 12-27-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Better yet, here's one that was used frequently to defend Mike Mazlowski...

Record with Beisel as starting MLB: 1-3

Record with Mitchell as starting MLB: 6-5

Record with Mazlowski as starting MLB 9-1!

Frankie 12-27-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks
Record with Mazlowski as starting MLB 9-1!

But his point was to compare Mitchel with Beisel, not Maz.

htismaqe 12-27-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
But his point was to compare Mitchel with Beisel, not Maz.

Actually, my point was to present a catch-22...

Is overall team record REALLY an indicator of how well a MLB is playing? If it is, as the Maz-defenders said it was, then Kawika Mitchell is CLEARLY better than Beisel. If it isn't, as the Mitchell-haters would likely say, then all those that defended Maz may have to re-think they're argument.

I'm just being difficult. It's fun.

Frankie 12-27-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Actually, my point was to present a catch-22...

Is overall team record REALLY an indicator of how well a MLB is playing? If it is, as the Maz-defenders said it was, then Kawika Mitchell is CLEARLY better than Beisel. If it isn't, as the Mitchell-haters would likely say, then all those that defended Maz may have to re-think they're argument.

I'm just being difficult. It's fun.

That's exactly what I got from your post. I guess I should have been more descriptive with mine.

Chief Faithful 12-27-2004 11:55 AM

While KM has not convinced me that he will make a good MLB in the NFL, it was good to see a Chiefs MLB lead the team in tackles for at least one game.

Watching Keith Bullock against the Broncos really brought to light for me how much the Chiefs need an effective MLB. KM has a long way to go.

Clint in Wichita 12-27-2004 12:27 PM

Mitchell, Beisel, Maz...all guys that deserve playing time...

after your real, starting-caliber MLB blows his knee out.

LiL stumppy 12-27-2004 12:54 PM

Maz is a good MLB but he wasn't that fast either and he was getting up there in age.

Frankie 12-27-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiL stumpy
Maz is a good MLB but he wasn't that fast either and he was getting up there in age.

We should probably hire him as LB coach. Just for his fire and workmanlike personality. :hmmm:

el borracho 12-27-2004 01:28 PM

Maz was slow before. Now he is older and has had repetitive knee problems. He is not a good option at MLB. If we are playing Maz, we are screwed.

Chief Faithful 12-27-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Maz was slow before. Now he is older and has had repetitive knee problems. He is not a good option at MLB. If we are playing Maz, we are screwed.

A healthy Maz is by far the best MLB on the roster.