ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   beer me is a closet fan of... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107381)

badgirl 12-30-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunghungwell
Keith Whitley's Greatest Hits...A damn good album...Is the one you like on the list bg?

1. Don't Close Your Eyes
2. I'm No Stranger to the Rain
3. Miami, My Amy
4. When You Say Nothing at All
5. It Ain't Nothin'
6. I'm Over You
7. I Wonder Do You Think of Me
8. Ten Feet Away
9. Talk to Me Texas
10. 'Til a Tear Becomes a Rose
11. Tell Lorrie I Love Her

No it was When You Say Nothing at All, but I also like Don't Close Your Eyes. :thumb:

yunghungwell 12-30-2004 12:53 PM

Ten Feet Away is awesome, as is Tell Lorrie I Love Her.

Although, I warn you, you probably shouldn't listen to this song list when you are drinking. It might cause you to need antidepressants.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2004 12:56 PM

Lets hear from the Vern Gosden fans! "The voice" is just that.

"I used to craaaaaazy...over you
nobody else could move me like you used to.
I had to be outta my mind thinkin' I'd soon be over you...
well I'm still crazy.................... but I'm not over you."

and who can forget...

"You don't know about lonellllleyyyyy,
or how looong the niiights can be...
till you've lived through the story,
that's still livin' in me.
and you don't know about saaaaaaaddddnneesssss,
till you face liiiiiffffeee alone,
You don't know about looooonlllleyy......
'till it's chiseled in stone..."

KC Kings 12-30-2004 12:59 PM

I can't believe Merle Haggard hasn't made this list yet! Willie Nelson is my all time favorite, but I guess he can't be on this list since he is still touring, and having great songs written about him. Toby Keiths, "Never Smoke Weed with Willie Again" is an instant classic.

Speaking of new country, does anybody else find it ironic that Tim McGraw has a hit country song about longing for the good old days, before he had to read, "street slang for dummies because they put pop in my country", while at the exact same time he has a R&B chart hit with his duet with Nelly.

KC Kings 12-30-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yunghungwell
Ten Feet Away is awesome, as is Tell Lorrie I Love Her.

Although, I warn you, you probably shouldn't listen to this song list when you are drinking. It might cause you to need antidepressants.

And that whore had the gal to show up to his funeral with the NASCAR driver she was banging. I even quit liking Sammy Kershaw after he become one of the thousands of men to sleep with Laurie Morgan.

Frosty 12-30-2004 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Kings
Speaking of new country, does anybody else find it ironic that Tim McGraw has a hit country song about longing for the good old days, before he had to read, "street slang for dummies because they put pop in my country", while at the exact same time he has a R&B chart hit with his duet with Nelly.

Yeah, I thought that strange, too. If he's complaining about pop in his country, he should have a talk with his wife. She's pretty hot, but her music isn't.

Speaking of pop in the country, how is Shania Twain even remotely considered a country artist? :shrug: Her new song, "Party for Two" should be a top nominee for "Worst Song of the Year".

Frosty 12-30-2004 01:09 PM

Quote:

And that whore had the gal to show up to his funeral with the NASCAR driver she was banging. I even quit liking Sammy Kershaw after he become one of the thousands of men to sleep with Laurie Morgan.

Hah, sloppy seconds (thousandths?) to Troy Aikman.

yunghungwell 12-30-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

I can't believe Merle Haggard hasn't made this list yet! Willie Nelson is my all time favorite, but I guess he can't be on this list since he is still touring, and having great songs written about him. Toby Keiths, "Never Smoke Weed with Willie Again" is an instant classic.

Oh YEAH! I forgot about "The Hagg". "In My Next Life" is one of those songs that you shouldn't listen to while drinking, but a damn good story. I don't know why I like those "bummer" songs so much

On your second point, Tim McGraw can suck a big fatty. Much like Clint Black, once he got married to a hot wife he got all lovey and made nothing but complete crap and cowboy rap. His new song "Live Like You Were Dying" is the best thing that he has had since his freshman album. And Clint, what happend to drinkin' longnecks down at Ernie's Icehouse?

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-30-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Tim McGraw is a butt monkey.

Mosbonian 12-30-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer me
Lets hear from the Vern Gosden fans! "The voice" is just that.

"I used to craaaaaazy...over you
nobody else could move me like you used to.
I had to be outta my mind thinkin' I'd soon be over you...
well I'm still crazy.................... but I'm not over you."

and who can forget...

"You don't know about lonellllleyyyyy,
or how looong the niiights can be...
till you've lived through the story,
that's still livin' in me.
and you don't know about saaaaaaaddddnneesssss,
till you face liiiiiffffeee alone,
You don't know about looooonlllleyy......
'till it's chiseled in stone..."

Damn, beer me....it's nice to see someone else with eclectic tastes in music like mine....

How about "Play Walking The Floor".....

If you were a Vern Gosdin fan, then you probably like Earl Thomas Conley too....

mmaddog

Mosbonian 12-30-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Yeah, I thought that strange, too. If he's complaining about pop in his country, he should have a talk with his wife. She's pretty hot, but her music isn't..

Sorry, but i have to vehemently disagree with you there.....I think she is the best thing about him.....and her music is hot....

But if you want to talk about hot female country singers you have start with Martina McBride, Alison Krauss, and LeeAnn Womack.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Speaking of pop in the country, how is Shania Twain even remotely considered a country artist? :shrug: Her new song, "Party for Two" should be a top nominee for "Worst Song of the Year".

Not sure how she ever ended up as Country, except that Mutt Lange figured she would sell better in C & W than in mainstream because of her twang.

While she may be a looker, her singing is for shat.

mmaddog

Frosty 12-30-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
Sorry, but i have to vehemently disagree with you there.....I think she is the best thing about him.....and her music is hot....

Hey, no problem.

Faith's music just doesn't do it for me. "Breathe" was okay, but after the eleventy billionth time I heard it, it kind of wore out it's welcome. Other than that, most of her music is a little too "adult contemporary" for my tastes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog
But if you want to talk about hot female country singers you have start with Martina McBride, Alison Krauss, and LeeAnn Womack.....

The same holds true for Martina. She's pretty preachy and I'm not a big fan of the "really belt it out" style of singing. I really like Alison Krauss, though, especially her more bluegrass-style songs. I haven't really heard much of Leeann Womack, other than the stuff on the radio. She did a song recently with an americana group whose name currently escapes me, that I thought was pretty good.

My favorite female singer, as previously mentioned, is by far Emmylou Harris. I also like Patty Loveless, Dolly Parton's bluegrass albums, Loretta Lynn's latest work and Sweethearts of the Rodeo (though I think they have split up now).

Mosbonian 12-30-2004 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc
Hey, no problem.

Faith's music just doesn't do it for me. "Breathe" was okay, but after the eleventy billionth time I heard it, it kind of wore out it's welcome. Other than that, most of her music is a little too "adult contemporary" for my tastes.

The same holds true for Martina. She's pretty preachy and I'm not a big fan of the "really belt it out" style of singing. I really like Alison Krauss, though, especially her more bluegrass-style songs. I haven't really heard much of Leeann Womack, other than the stuff on the radio. She did a song recently with an americana group whose name currently escapes me, that I thought was pretty good.

My favorite female singer, as previously mentioned, is by far Emmylou Harris. I also like Patty Loveless, Dolly Parton's bluegrass albums, Loretta Lynn's latest work and Sweethearts of the Rodeo (though I think they have split up now).

Sorry...that first one came across pretty aggressive...I have always liked Faith Hill since way before she met TM.

I like Martina mostly because she has the kind of songs that are "heart-felt" songs.....I liked Alison Krauss long before she became the "in thing" and was nothing more than the front person for Union Station.....As for LeeAnn Womack, she is pretty much like Martina, but some of her early material was right on.

I'm not much of an Emmy Lou Harris fan, but I love Patty Loveless. You'd be surprised how many people she has actually sang back-up for on hit songs that has never been advertised. She's been on several for Vince Gill, and has been acknowledged for it, but a lot of her duet work has gone unrecognized.

If you like the Sweethearts of the Rodeo (which included Janice Gill, Vince's ex-wife that he left for Amy Grant), then you would probably like She-Daisy.

mmaddog

TheNextStep 12-30-2004 10:28 PM

Faith was a lot better before Tim McGraw... and Tim McGraw was a lot better before Faith Hill. Yes, they both still did more up-tempo "pop" country back then but ever since they got together, Faith has been trying desperately to find that cross-over smash and Tim's too busy singing one syrupy f***ing ballad after another to recognize that his audience was the good-timin', beer-drinkin', ballcap crowd.

They both suck.

I liked Martina McBride's early stuff but agree that she's become a bit preachy these days. On top of that, country radio (I feel) has flooded the freakin' airwaves with "girl power country" so I've got a low tolerance for a lot of it anymore.

I do still dig LeeAnn Womack though (even if she, too, was guilty of shooting for the cross-over).

Shania Twain? Well... she's the devil.

Boon 12-30-2004 10:48 PM

How 'bout "If You Got The Money Honey"
Lefty Frizzell