ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where did your user name come from? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=11212)

Dave Lane 12-09-2000 09:48 PM

I chose my ID on the KC star board as well as most of my ISP login's and email addresses a couple of years ago during Keyon Dooling's freshman year at Mizzou. I thought about changing my id after he went pro this year, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing all of my id's & email addresses.

http://sites.netscape.net/mizzoudool...oling11500.jpg

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 12-09-2000).]

Chiefaholic 12-09-2000 09:50 PM

Gee, thanks, Lompoc! I think.....

AustinChief 12-09-2000 09:55 PM

I was fascinated with the old 30's and 40's horror genre (I still cant think of anything better than Plan 9 From Outer Space after a couple of Heinekins). When we dropped the Indian for the Wolf, it was natural to pick up Lon Chaney Jr's role as my moniker.

AustinChief 12-09-2000 10:03 PM

I just went back and read everyone's... Shannon by far is the oddest, sounds like a ending line in a Fellini movie.....

*The tears roll down the clown's eye, he looks to his lover who is dressed like a peacock and he says, "My Love, just smell the people". Pan out to the rock on the shore being slowly wore down by the tide*

egonzo 12-09-2000 10:04 PM

Russ, do you remember the models they made of those characters? Creature, Frank, Dracula, etc.? My cousin had those and painted them lifelike...They were awesome. Thanks for the memory... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

KCWolfman 12-09-2000 10:21 PM

Stevieray,

Remember that Vampirella model. That's something I'd love to (affordably) get my hands on as a Christmas present for a friend of mine.

He's doing a new comic in the old Eerie/Vampirella/Creepy format and he's auditioned a couple of times to write Vampirella for Harris. I keep hoping he'll get it, certainly couldn't do much worse than the guy writing it now.... <sigh>

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics

AustinChief 12-09-2000 10:54 PM

Stevie - 10 Years ago, I would have been ashamed to admit ownership of them.... Now I wish I still had them. I thought I was so original to put a little red on the Wolfman's Teeth.

*also owned lots of planet of the apes memorabilia*

DoubleWannaB 12-10-2000 10:05 AM

Well, my name is actually stolen from the immortal movie... Aliens. I frequently use it when I am gaming on line. I hav to add my birthyear to the end of it because someone ALWAYS uses my friggin name. Love...Peace... and Orange Juice.

Chief Nathan 12-10-2000 10:16 AM

JL80 is just my first initial and last name. The name is Joe Leighty pronounced (Leck-tee) but as you can see it is spelled like the number 80 with an L in front of it.

BroncoFan 12-10-2000 12:37 PM

Humm,
Well Mine was originaly "Wyoming transplant" "JOhn Edwards" Well The JOhn on my name kinda stuck, especially as alot of people found it annoying, so I kept it.

Yosef_Malkovitch 12-10-2000 09:04 PM

Mine comes from, obviously, my hatred of the chokeland faiduhs. The reason I spell hader the way I do is because when I was little, I thought that was the way people said it. I thought they said it like that because it kinda rhymes. But since I have started spelling that way, I have been catching flak from all kinds of people. My Mom thought she had failed in teaching me how to spell correctly. Now I wish I could change it so I could get everyone off of my back. Uh, if anyone out there can do that without taking away my regular status, I would be extremely grateful. :D

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

KCTitus 12-10-2000 09:46 PM

Bwana = Great White Hunter. I hunt...A LOT and I'm into guns. The Dean started calling me Bwana my 2nd year in high school because a few good friends and I couldn't seem to make it to 5th and 6th period because we were always out hunting in the fall. The name stuck through college.

Ecto-I 12-10-2000 11:57 PM

umm . . . its long for C.R. Pants

"How about those red pants?!"

I registered with da Planet (originally as Chief_Red_Pants) on the day the red pants were debuted @Denver Sept 24th (then I realized you don't have to have underscores in your user name)

I discovered da Planet via kc.com Chiefs board, someone posted the hyperlink . . . thank God.

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

Chiefaholic 12-11-2000 02:21 AM

Hey Wolfman - another Plan 9 fan! I've loved that movie since I was a kid. It won the award for the Worst Movie Ever Made. It defines the phrase "so bad its good".

"Home? I haf no home! I'm going to build a race of atomic super-humans and take over the world!"

Touchdown Ted 12-11-2000 07:09 AM

First run ever into NYC,3am,raining like a mother****er,and I took the wrong exit off the BQE. My trailer was 13'6" high.....unfortunatly the 12' sign (for the FAST approaching underpass)was laying on the ground and I spotted it about 20' too late.