ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ethics and Honor - A Rain Man Rant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115654)

Rain Man 05-02-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingAlice
I can see why you'd be pissed.

I think to take anything of value away from this situation, as angry as you are, try to withold judgement until you sit down with her for a heart to heart and say, "Look... I'm really disappointed in how this transpired. We valued you and we thought you were happy. We also expected you to start full time as of yadyayda. I don't want this to happen again, so I need to know if there was something specific that caused you to leave the way you have[i.e., f^ck us over].

Then, I would be honest and tell her that this answer is especially important because of your perception of what she has done. So...if she had particularly good reason to take another job then you would see this as reasonable...otherwise

You might mention that you are extremely irritated and that you will bring it up with her University/College employment office. Tell her that you intend not to take interns or graduates from this school again and that you will be contacting the college career services about the matter.

These are all reasonable things to do. They should get her attention.

I'll definitely talk to her in an exit interview, and just let her know from a coaching perspective that what she did is perceived as being highly unprofessional and is causing a problem for my company. I don't think she realizes that, and I'm trying to keep in perspective that she's only 22 years old.

I actually thought about writing to her college and just letting them know that they need to counsel students about this and put systems in place to prevent it. After all, it probably cost one of her classmates a job. However, I wouldn't stop hiring there, because it's not right to screw over some other student just because of this one's error in judgment.

cheeeefs 05-02-2005 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I can chop block this broad and take HER bike for you if you'd prefer......I'm guessing hers is newer anyway. I'll even put the basket on the front and the purple streamers in your handlebars.

*throws an elbow at the competition*

I'll do all that PLUS install a bell with a special Rainman jingle. Jingle yet to be decided, poll pending of course.

Iowanian 05-02-2005 09:51 PM

back off bookworm......The sound of that sissy bell will be drown out by the brand new, 1999 Trezelle Jenkins Rookie card in the spoke.

Rain Man 05-02-2005 09:54 PM

I can see that I have some good candidates here. Time to start lowballing and see who I can get the cheapest.

FallingAlice 05-02-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I'll definitely talk to her in an exit interview, and just
I actually thought about writing to her college and just letting them know that they need to counsel students about this and put systems in place to prevent it. After all, it probably cost one of her classmates a job. However, I wouldn't stop hiring there, because it's not right to screw over some other student just because of this one's error in judgment.

I think you should definitely write them.

As far as the other bit goes..pfft...it's an empty threat. But the girl doesn't need to know that. You could instead word the letter to say, "This experience has caused me to reconsider hiring future graduates of your school....yadayayda."

cheeeefs 05-02-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

back off bookworm......The sound of that sissy bell will be drown out by the brand new, 1999 Trezelle Jenkins Rookie card in the spoke.

Rainman, he called your jingle "sissy".

Iowanian 05-02-2005 09:56 PM

You get what you pay for. All Cheefs will be able to do is spell everything correctly on his resignation letter, a month after I accept something more lucrative. Furthermore, Cheefs goofs off too much online, whereas I can always be trusted to work studiously and uninterupted, while left alone with internet access.

Besides, I've got a joke the BoD at Budweiser will LOVE.

Rain Man 05-02-2005 10:00 PM

[Donald Trump voice] Okay, my job here is to pick a new employee. It looks like I've got a lot of good candidates here, so we'll have a competition. Your first assignment: get a date for gochiefs. Whoever does worst gets fired from the competition. You've got 8 hours. On your mark, get set, go! [/Trump]

FallingAlice 05-02-2005 10:00 PM

If the above seems a bit cruel remember that revenge is a dish best served cold.

There's nothing more satisfying than revenge achieved with the posture of care, concern and "coaching."

This is the Bill Parcells school, natch. Tough love. One day she'll thank you for it?

CosmicPal 05-02-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

I can see that I have some good candidates here. Time to start lowballing and see who I can get the cheapest.

I hate my job- I'm sure I'm fully qualified to do whatever it is this gal was doing.

However, I expect the following:

An escalating pay scale based not on performance, but by the mere act of being there on time, all the time.

My own office.

My own secretary of whom I get to hire based purely on looks and sexiness rather than her ability to type or use a #2 pencil.

My own hot-tub with whom my secretary must share with me upon command.

My own well-stocked wet bar with premium-based alcohol.

An hour lunch.

My own parking space.

A window view of the mountains.

And the ability to fire anyone at will.

That's all I ask. When can I start?

FallingAlice 05-02-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

[Donald Trump voice] Okay, my job here is to pick a new employee. It looks like I've got a lot of good candidates here, so we'll have a competition. Your first assignment: get a date for gochiefs. Whoever does worst gets fired from the competition. You've got 8 hours. On your mark, get set, go! [/Trump]

Hey gochiefs? You busy Saturday night?

I'm available whenever you are.

I WIN!!!! I WIN!! BINGO!! I GOT BINGO!!

Rain Man 05-02-2005 10:01 PM

So you think that'll be more effective than my original plan of just hitting her, Falling Alice?

Hmm. Maybe you have a point...

cheeeefs 05-02-2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

You get what you pay for. All Cheefs will be able to do is spell everything correctly on his resignation letter, a month after I accept something more lucrative. Furthermore, Cheefs goofs off too much online, whereas I can always be trusted to work studiously and uninterupted, while left alone with internet access.

Besides, I've got a joke the BoD at Budweiser will LOVE.

Kevin is a numbers guy, so I'd like to point out two important numbers

Rain Man 05-02-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
I hate my job- I'm sure I'm fully qualified to do whatever it is this gal was doing.

However, I expect the following:

An escalating pay scale based not on performance, but by the mere act of being there on time, all the time.

My own office.

My own secretary of whom I get to hire based purely on looks and sexiness rather than her ability to type or use a #2 pencil.

My own hot-tub with whom my secretary must share with me upon command.

My own well-stocked wet bar with premium-based alcohol.

An hour lunch.

My own parking space.

A window view of the mountains.

And the ability to fire anyone at will.

That's all I ask. When can I start?

We actually offer all of this except the one-hour lunch. We only offer 45 minutes. Thank you for your interest. NEXT!

Inspector 05-02-2005 10:04 PM

I'm really a whole lot smarter than any of these other candidtaes.

I just don't have any way of proving it.

You'll just have to take my word for it.

Oh, and what is this math thing you keep talking about? Is that like cyphering?