ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Planet is being called out.... (the war begins?) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130501)

Mark M 12-05-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
I think it means we all have a chance to catch Phil in post count? :shrug:

ROFL

That'll take me about another 10 years.

Although I just did pass 11K. Doesn't that qualify me for some merit badge or something?

MM
~~:hmmm: :)

Abba-Dabba 12-05-2005 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
I like Phil and all, but one guy does not a board make.

Does this mean there's a mod position open ... ?

MM
~~:)

Yep. And they said you have to be fat, bald with a goatee and manboobs to qualify.

Mark M 12-05-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Possibly. I need to talk to Kyle.

Too bad I don't have the time to do it.

I'd make a great moderator ....

MM
~~:evil:

Chiefnj 12-05-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that Phil thought he could take the actual MEMBERS to WPI...

I'm sure that is what the owners of the site hoped for. It's worked on paper - they've had new members sign up and increased their hits. Will it last, probably not.

Dartgod 12-05-2005 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saggysack
Yep. And they said you have to be fat, bald with a goatee and manboobs to qualify.

I guess I could shave my head and grow some facial hair. I definitely have the rest covered.

siberian khatru 12-05-2005 10:57 AM

Is Phil the new "boss" over there? Can he order those mods to do stuff or get rid of them? Or is his power limited to persuasion?

It's early in the process. Too soon to judge. But he's got his work cut out for him.

jidar 12-05-2005 10:57 AM

A noobies take on this situation.

It's the free spirit of this place that attracted and kept me (inspite of moderators ****ing with peoples names and avatars which I think is a bad idea), and I realized right away that it was in large part due to Phobias desires on how the place should be ran. I think we can all agree that, It's the liberty that this site affords people that has made it what it is. But who is going to champion freedom now? Without Phobia, who the liberty warrior is going to be? Most people don't have that strong of convictions and I fear that unless there is a leader who really "gets it" like phobia did then over time the moderation here will go the way of all forums and generally become more intollerant.

Now I'm not saying we don't have someone like that still at the helm, I honestly don't know that's why I'm asking. But does anyone still remaning here really understand deep down why the best moderators are the ones who use their powers the least?

JimNasium 12-05-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that Phil thought he could take the actual MEMBERS to WPI...

I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkM
I like Phil and all, but one guy does not a board make.

I like him too but I don't think it's going to work out like he thinks it will. I've got a strange feeling that Scout.com is not going to let that site be as free-wheeling as the Planet. That's our appeal. Remember (actually your prolly don't) when a member of Patriots Planet asked "What is wrong with those people?" :)

htismaqe 12-05-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
I'm sure that is what the owners of the site hoped for. It's worked on paper - they've had new members sign up and increased their hits. Will it last, probably not.

I don't know. I have mixed feelings about it.

Phil is VERY good at what he does. Let's just say I'm not 100% unconcerned about the future of THIS board....

jidar 12-05-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Is Phil the new "boss" over there? Can he order those mods to do stuff or get rid of them? Or is his power limited to persuasion?

It's early in the process. Too soon to judge. But he's got his work cut out for him.

From reading the threads it looks like he's the man. He's already started to make changes.

siberian khatru 12-05-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar

It's the free spirit of this place that attracted and kept me (inspite of moderators ****ing with peoples names and avatars which I think is a bad idea), and I realized right away that it was in large part due to Phobias desires on how the place should be ran. I think we can all agree that, It's the liberty that this site affords people that has made it what it is. But who is going to champion freedom now? Without Phobia, who the liberty warrior is going to be? Most people don't have that strong of convictions and I fear that unless there is a leader who really "gets it" like phobia did then over time the moderation here will go the way of all forums and generally become more intollerant.

Now I'm not saying we don't have someone like that still at the helm, I honestly don't know that's why I'm asking. But does anyone still remaning here really understand deep down why the best moderators are the ones who use their powers the least?

Time to hand the keys over to Big Daddy. :D

Abba-Dabba 12-05-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
I guess I could shave my head and grow some facial hair. I definitely have the rest covered.

You are just like me. Half the man I need to be.

htismaqe 12-05-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar

1) Phil was one of the mods that used to mess with people's names and avatars. :D

2) Phil and I have been mods here since Day 1 and our styles were compatible and similar.

jidar 12-05-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
Time to hand the keys over to Big Daddy. :D

lol! He's way too volatile. :)

jidar 12-05-2005 11:03 AM

Quote:

1) Phil was one of the mods that used to mess with people's names and avatars. :D

2) Phil and I have been mods here since Day 1 and our styles were compatible and similar.

Yeah I knew he did, and I think he shouldn't have. It almost made me not come back, but luckily for me I had already learned that otherwise the place was pretty good.
I still think that given a few minutes of discussion I'd have a good shot at convincing him that screwing with peoples avatars and names isn't a good idea.