ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

Hammock Parties 04-29-2006 02:36 PM

Adios, Hicks.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2006 02:37 PM

Hey I wanted Jimmy Williams, but Hali is a darn good pick. Lawson is overrated IMO. Hali brought it everyweek in the Big Ten. We need another DE, he is the opposite of what Jared Allen does. Good pick and adding more talent to our defense.

HolmeZz 04-29-2006 02:37 PM

Jimmy Williams is a nutcase. That said, I like him as a player.

Mecca 04-29-2006 02:37 PM

Now when Eric Hicks is still starting this year everyone will wonder why this pick was bad.....

Mecca 04-29-2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolmeZz
Jimmy Williams is a nutcase. That said, I like him as a player.

But a talented nutcase........and maybe then we can cut Greg Wesleys dumbass.

Dave Lane 04-29-2006 02:38 PM

Maybe more like 20

Dave

The production as a pass rusher just hasn't been there. He needs to work on his pass rush moves to be more effective at getting to the quarterback. Experience is really the key for Hali. He still has a lot to learn about the game, overall, instead of strictly relying on his physical ability to help him make plays. While he did play two years at the defensive tackle position, he really didn't have the bulk or the strength to hold up at the position as a pro. He will still struggle even the even at the end position if a team decides to run right at him.

Despite his athleticism, Hali has limited pass rush moves. He makes more plays based on his ability to overpower college tackles and with his hustle. Hali also lacks the pure size to be a prime draft pick. When facing NFL sized tackles, he has shown the ability to be neutralized and taken out of plays.

Does not have great size and is a little on the short side...His timed speed is nothing to get excited about...Lacks a wide variety of pass rush moves...Has short arms and doesn't use his hands well...Can be engulfed by bigger offensive lineman and double teams...Made a lot of his plays rushing off the edge...Maxed out and probably doesn't have the frame to get much bigger than he already is.

tk13 04-29-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
Yep and LJ's dad coached Tamba so that might have helped them make this decision

Really my initial reaction is pretty much the same to that LJ pick. Not what I was expecting but it's a well coached, productive college player who is going to come out and bust his ass and work hard to get better. I like that. No complaints from me.

Plus I personally would rather have good DE's and iffy corners over good corners and iffy DE's. Even then, Herm has a pretty good track record of drafting DB's in the later rounds, I'd bet there are guys down the road here that he's got an eye on.

Wa-Z 04-29-2006 02:40 PM

I love this pick! Can't wait to see Tamba Hali and Jared Allen lined up...two non-stop motors! Hopefully we can get another good DT in the draft.

For those that think we should have traded down...remember last time we traded down and ended up with Siavii's fat ass instead of Olshansky??

Why take the risk?

Brock 04-29-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
Now when Eric Hicks is still starting this year everyone will wonder why this pick was bad.....

Hicks will probably be starting on day one no matter what player was picked.

banyon 04-29-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
BS..He was projected to be picked anywhere from 20-30.

by who?

Rausch 04-29-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Sure, eventually.

He's not very strong and doesn't have a lot of experience. I'm just worried he'll end up like RKal-El whatever.

JBucc 04-29-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

That's was part of DV's retiring, he'd only leave if Hicks was promised the starting spot.

dirk digler 04-29-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
by who?

Rick Gosselin picked him to be drafted by the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry 04-29-2006 02:42 PM

Remember Vermeil isnt here to kiss a$$ with players like Hicks. Edwards will probally show him the door.

Mecca 04-29-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

I think you should hire someone to take out Hicks.....like Tonya Harding or something.