ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NBA finals, anyone else watching? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142000)

007 06-09-2006 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moooo
I understand that, but its not as much on who is doing it. The contact is allowed and even though someone like the Tarheels will get less calls on them than someone who isn't a perrenial favorite, there's not the, "Oh that's just (fill in name here)."

Contact is a part of BBall, but favortism isn't.

Moooo

Actually, I would use Duke in that analogy.

Demonpenz 06-09-2006 02:05 AM

the traveling and carrying is bad in college too.

Moooo 06-09-2006 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Actually, I would use Duke in that analogy.

Yeah, them too. There's about 10 or so at the top that get the favortism, but even that goes away when you get them together during March Madness.

I still think that's part of the reason Duke hasn't been crushing others in March like they do in the regular season. When March Madness rolls around all that, "but they're duke!" crap goes away and every team has a shot.

Moooo

Moooo 06-09-2006 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
the traveling and carrying is bad in college too.

Yeah, but not as bad. It's the lesser of the two evils, IMO.

Moooo

007 06-09-2006 02:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah, them too. There's about 10 or so at the top that get the favortism, but even that goes away when you get them together during March Madness.

I still think that's part of the reason Duke hasn't been crushing others in March like they do in the regular season. When March Madness rolls around all that, "but they're duke!" crap goes away and every team has a shot.

Moooo

I just love it when they lose. Almost as much as when Misery loses.

Miles 06-09-2006 02:13 AM

Quote:

Moooo

It usually either of tham are associated with calls going there way. Proablt Duke the most. As bad as some may say NBA officiating is, college ball is even more of a joke.

Moooo 06-09-2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
It usually either of tham are associated with calls going there way. Proablt Duke the most. As bad as some may say NBA officiating is, college ball is even more of a joke.

I think it clears up in March. Then again, that's what opinions are for, right?

It is obvious the actual officials will be better in the NBA, just for the sole purpose that they are at a higher level and (should, I don't know for a fact) get paid more.

Moooo

007 06-09-2006 02:20 AM

Quote:

I think it clears up in March. Then again, that's what opinions are for, right?

It is obvious the actual officials will be better in the NBA, just for the sole purpose that they are at a higher level and (should, I don't know for a fact) get paid more.

Moooo

Hey, Moooo, why did you turn off your rep? Did someone neg rep you to death or did you just decide you didn't want it?

Moooo 06-09-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Hey, Moooo, why did you turn off your rep? Did someone neg rep you to death or did you just decide you didn't want it?

? I just signed up. I haven't done anything to it to make it that way.

Moooo

007 06-09-2006 02:23 AM

Quote:

? I just signed up. I haven't done anything to it to make it that way.

Moooo

could have sworn it was on last night. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. :banghead:

Miles 06-09-2006 02:28 AM

Found some nice highlights from a while back. Pure center at work.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGA...ch=Olajuwon%20

Moooo 06-09-2006 02:38 AM

Dream is my favorite player of all time! That's when I loved the NBA. When Jordan was in baseball, and it was the dominating centers like Ewing, Robinson, Dream... AAAHHH!

Him and Reggie were it. I remember being sealed on reggie when he busted like 9 on the Knicks in 18 seconds to win that playoff game. That was it for me.

That, and, was it Kenny Smith who put up like 6-threes in the third quarter of the finals the same year of this clip?

Moooo

DaKCMan AP 06-09-2006 05:27 AM

Congrats Dallas.

You won game 1 at home, like you're supposed to. Watch out for Miami in game 2. They got away from driving to the basket after the 1st quarter and started settling for quick jumpshots. I don't see this being a short series.

Wade only shot 44% after shooting over 60 last series.
Walker only shot 37% and as a team they only shot 37% from the line, which is pathetic in both the percentage and that they only got to the line 19 times.
Look out for Miami in game 2.

Hammock Parties 06-09-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
Look out for Miami in game 2.

Look out for Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki, because they played like shit last night. And Dallas still won.

DaKCMan AP 06-09-2006 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Look out for Josh Howard and Dirk Nowitzki, because they played like shit last night. And Dallas still won.

I'm sure Haslem had nothing to do with Dirk's poor shooting.