ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I have an offer for anyone that enjoys reading about the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=145543)

Hammock Parties 08-18-2006 04:39 PM

That's fine. I don't want to rush you guys.

BTW I only had two extra copies of the most recent edition, so three of you got back issues.

"Bob" Dobbs 08-23-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
I've got five extra copies of Warpaint Illustrated - The Magazine.

I will send out one copy each to the first five people that respond to this thread - free of charge.

Here's the catch - You have to read it, cover to cover. Once you're done, you have to come back here and answer six questions:

1. Did I enjoy my copy of Warpaint Illustrated?

2. What was my favorite part?

3. What was my least favorite part?

4. How can the magazine improve?

5. Based on my free copy of Warpaint Illustrated, would I buy a subscription? If not, why not?

6. Anything else you want to add.

I was pretty impressed. The Kawika cover story was pretty good; however the Herm interview didn't do much for me. Best part is, I've talked my wife into trying Phobia's shrimp recipe. THAT looks awesome!
I gotta ask, though, what's up with the B/W pix? Those pages looked, well, CHEAP. Nice job though on the Welbourn/Turley article. As far as a subscription goes, it'd depend on the price. Thanks for the mag, though.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2006 08:58 PM

Black and white costs less. We're not made of money.

I am glad you were impressed. Thanks for the review.

If you'd like to pass your issue off to someone else, send me a PM.

"Bob" Dobbs 08-23-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Black and white costs less. We're not made of money.

I am glad you were impressed. Thanks for the review.

If you'd like to pass your issue off to someone else, send me a PM.

I figured it was a $$ thing, I just thought they'd ALL be B/W in that case.
I passed the issue to a buddy at work to check out.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2006 09:08 PM

Cool, see if you can get him to post a review, or get one from him and post it.

I don't even know who makes the call on B/W vs Color. I think maybe Scout.com gives us an allowance for each issue.

Also, I'm glad you liked the Turley bit, that was mine. I was a bit embarrassed because I talked about him being the right tackle. I wrote that before Roaf's retirement came out.

Phobia 08-23-2006 09:08 PM

Some of our pages are B&W, some are color/glossy. We have to achieve certain distribution numbers to get more glossy pages from Scout. We're almost there, I believe.

BTW, let me know how the recipe turns out please. I've never had anybody complain, which is why I chose to share that recipe for my first recipe "column".

"Bob" Dobbs 08-23-2006 09:15 PM

It SOUNDS friggin' AWESOME. Can't wait to try it. The jalapenos have gotta be the key.

Pitt Gorilla 08-23-2006 10:06 PM

Go Chiefs, this is more of a summary of my complete review; I'll provide the rest later.

1. Honestly, you were easily the best writer for the copy that I received.

2. The interview questions did not elicit interesting information.

3. Hire a freaking editor. Many of the mistakes didn't really bother me, but a "challenged" third grader would know the difference between their/there and to/too.

4. I love the Chiefs and am always looking to read more. That being said, the subscription would have to be pretty affordable for me to subscribe. Honestly, I get most of my info from the intranet dumptrucks/pipes and save my sports reading for my throne. I've already got Sporting News, so this would have to be <1.00 an issue to be worth the money, IMO.

I'm doing a lot of ripping here, but I'm used to being critical in my edits. I imagine that most people would really enjoy this publication if:
-you wrote instead of Athan
-their issue was more up to date
-the price is right.

Like I said, I'll provide more specific feedback at a later date.

Thanks for the copy.

Hammock Parties 08-23-2006 11:04 PM

You got the issue with Gary Stills on the cover, didn't you?

Hammock Parties 08-23-2006 11:10 PM

Anyway, I sent out several back issues, so not all of them are timely. And a couple were before I came onboard with my editing expertise, so they're a bit...rough around the edges.

Smed1065 08-23-2006 11:13 PM

So where is your home Chiefs page?

Hammock Parties 08-23-2006 11:20 PM

what?

DaFace 08-23-2006 11:49 PM

I'd give it a try. Put me on the waiting list if you get any more!

mac58 08-28-2006 09:16 AM

1. Did I enjoy my copy of Warpaint Illustrated?

yes I did enjoy it. .. some nice pics and some good articles. . .I would have enjoyed it more if it were a current issue. . .

2. What was my favorite part?

The draft preview was good. . .and I was pretty impresseed that the writer was dead on with the Tamba Hali prediction

3. What was my least favorite part?

Like others stated would have liked to see more color pics. . .

4. How can the magazine improve?

should make it bigger and use more color pics. . .

5. Based on my free copy of Warpaint Illustrated, would I buy a subscription? If not, why not?

I personally would not buy a sub fopr the following reasons:

It was overpriced and too small. . .

6. Anything else you want to add.

I don't know too much about the Magazine business, but I think your major problem is the overpricing. . .instead u should lower price drastically basically give it away so u get ur subscription numbers way up and then u can bring in the revenue by ur advertising...im sure if u get ur subscription numbers up, u can attract bigger companies to advertise. . .from what I think. . .magazines tend to make most of there money on advertisements. . .thats why u can get a subscription to Maxim for $9 a year when the magazine sold seperately is $4.95. . .

In closing i thought it was a great magazine and i really enjoyed it, but I think u just need to work on ur marketing and it will improve both ur revenue and the actual magazine. . .

mac58 08-28-2006 01:07 PM

bumped for Gochiefs